Search Forum

Why my perfectly fine photos being rejected

26 - 29 by 29
6 months ago
Kurai

Hi everyone,

Let me repeat that I fully agree with @Lempi 's suggestion to accompany a photo rejection with a brief explanation or a reference to which rule was broken. I will keep this in mind while I do moderation myself as well as forward the suggestion.

Regarding the individual upload bans, I cannot comment because it is outside of my control/influence. If you feel you are wrongfully treated, I suggest to use the complaint form in this case. That may be a more effective way than the open forum to settle the dispute.

The comment by @Nidodelia about being harassed shocks me because such behavior is simply unacceptable and should be reported. The community rules are very clear about this.

As a mod I can try to mediate or -in the case of harassment- I can take measures even though my resources are limited. In any case, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks for replying @Kurai , i think i can say for all of us here on the English side of the forums that we appreciate the work you do on this side of the site with a positive attitude and cool headed manner which goes a long way between the staff and users of a website.

It is also great to hear that you support @Lempi with her idea of the suggestion to implement a system that helps people understand why their photos are rejected. It will go a long way to help people understand how to go about things in the future.

I read about the way @Nidodelia was treated on the German forum, and it sounds awful, but i don't speak German and don't want to add flame to an issue that i hope the mods on the German side of the site are taking care of. I don't understand the language at all and don't trust translators,  it is great to hear from a mod that is respected here on the English side that you agree something should be done about it. It lets us know that you wouldn't allow that to happen here to the English side of the site, where most of us here are most active.

Hopefully the complaint form can get some answers for people who i imagine are feeling lost in the wind at the moment and unsure of their future abilities here.

Thanks for replying to this topic man, we really needed to hear something from staff, so people know they were being heard at some level even if the upload bans are beyond your control just reaching out to people goes a long way to hopefully help heal the community and get things on track to being positive and keeping the activity here on the up.

6 months ago
Kurai

Hi everyone,

Let me repeat that I fully agree with @Lempi 's suggestion to accompany a photo rejection with a brief explanation or a reference to which rule was broken. I will keep this in mind while I do moderation myself as well as forward the suggestion.

Regarding the individual upload bans, I cannot comment because it is outside of my control/influence. If you feel you are wrongfully treated, I suggest to use the complaint form in this case. That may be a more effective way than the open forum to settle the dispute.

The comment by @Nidodelia about being harassed shocks me because such behavior is simply unacceptable and should be reported. The community rules are very clear about this.

As a mod I can try to mediate or -in the case of harassment- I can take measures even though my resources are limited. In any case, please feel free to reach out.

First of all, thank you @Mitchcraft for your reply, its appreciated someone cares, we all tried this, but without any result or new info, just a reply from @Lilienfeld with references to the guidelines we already know... Which we most definitely did not break! 

And she even suggested we submitted from both our accounts, we never did this, My wife has her own account, collection and photos, reviews, statements etc.  and so do I, we don't even add each others perfumes to each others collection, let alone any photos or reviews

6 months ago

Hello and good evening to all,

First i would like to thank @Kurai for his support to the harrasment i had to the german site and i am content to read he that he condemns these bad behaviours of verbal attacks, harassment and cyberbullying at european members of Parfumo site. Furthermore i find it positive that he understands the importance of this incident and I am glad that he is publicly stating that he disagrees with this kind of behaviour that I experienced on the german site's "ticker" from members of the german site . I would also like to state again that it is not a figment of my imagination nor a false fact what I report that I experienced on the german site and i would appreciate if i am not treated like a liar like some members implied above and i don't know what they had in their mind with those kind of conspiracy theories but to my eyes are not reasonable way of thinking or to help the members who got penalties on their account to solve this problem. I hope this is common sense. I have in my possession the e - mails sent by the parfumo group with the name (pseudonym) of the administrator who imposed the penalty on my account and at that time was active and was watching the discussion in the "ticker" but he put those kind of penalties to me and not to the members who harrashed me. This is very strange kind of act of him and to be completely honest shows personal attack and discrimination to me and i am dissapointed to see these are the acts of someone who belongs to Parfumo Team. As i read to the guidliner the role of moderators and administrators of Parfumo Team among other fields is to protect the safety of the site and of his members. If those rules have changed i would like to be informed by an official answer of the side of Parfumo Team for this matter. If the harrasment and attack to members of Parfumo are permitted i would like to know it so to leave from this site. 

The administrator who carried out penalty actions on my own account then he sent me again an array of e - mails saying that my profile picture violates the rules. This is not true and while i tried to upload the image he non - stop downloaded it of my profile. I would like an explanation with serious arguments for this decision he took to attack my account profile with these excuses that do not correspond to real facts. I would like to state I received again an e - mail at 09.35 a.m time zone Greece impersonal without the administrator's name this time that simply said the notice that they have taken down my photo again. Until now the image of my profile account is empty as everyone can see. I can show the e- mails it to any moderator who is interested to see it for verification by him. This fact shows blatant targeting of my profile and is unacceptable to me and it has to be investigated by Parfumo Team. Abuse of power is among the priorities of the social issues I am actively fighting in my personal agenda. I do not take such issues lightly and I want everyone to understand that I am a victim of a personal attack like the other members who participate to this thread were and this is not right nor accepted by me personaly and i would appreciated if someone of Parfumo team addressed this serius issue.

I would also like to add that I may not speak german but I speak english at a fairly good level and I do not use translation to write my texts in english. I do this fluently without any help and the insults I received were written in english to be understood by me because only I of the other members who participated in discussions in the "ticker" wrote the short texts in english so there no misintrepretation here. It was a full - mouth attack and I am sorry but you all understand the motives behind this choice which I dare say in my eyes look sadistic and with the intention of mocking me and it is not a matter of bad translation or misinterpretation like some other member stated to his message above. I know what I saw and those who mocked me know what they wrote. I am forced to repeat my writings to make it clear to everyone that it is not just a matter of misunderstanding or intrepetation and I also want to point out that in the german "ticker" I have seen expressions of derision in the context of libertarianism used without shame or iiner - thought by some german members and it is strange that it is allowed by the Team of Parfumo. 

Finally I would like to include and close with this, that I was verbally attacked by a certain member in the german ticker not a few days ago before the next attack to me, because I was writing in english to the "german ticker" and some members who also remember their nicknames took a public stand to condemn the attack that I was attacked for not using the german language and they found this act rude towards me and even expressed their frustration for this action privately to me because they found the act of the member who attacked me unaccepted and rude. I would like to publicly thank the members of the german page for their critical attitude towards the person who harassed me and I would like to emphasise that I appreciate and acknowledge their support for me. I would like this incident to be investigated by the moderatos of european and german page in depth and i am willing to give them help to solve and investigate the attack and the penalties someone put without reasonable explatation to my and to other members profile accounts and take the responsibility for his acts and restore the settings to our accounts.

Sincerely,

Regards.

5 months ago

Okay I am going to close this thread. Not only is this getting off-topic, there is no longer a discussion taking place. I do recognize the frustration is not yet fully resolved, but the forum is a place for discussing perfume related topics, not for handling complaints. @Nidodelia I will contact you by DM to see if I can be of any help. If anyone would like to make a complaint, please reach out by DM to me or any other mod. Alternatively, you can use the complaint form I referred to earlier. 

26 - 29 by 29
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Why my perfectly fine photos being rejected
Jump to