Search Forum

Some thoughts about cats and dogs

126 - 150 by 529
Re: ditto to the above, and 11 years ago
NSku:
I have to say that all of you that post such artistic pictures of your perfumes have inspired me to do a better job with mine. I probably won't take down my first postings, even tho they look so "meh" to me now..but won't get around to more photos til later. I know when I do, I'll take much more care in composition based on the inspiration I've received and the example set by youse guys here at Parfumo!!

I need a better camera. I feel like my images are so low quality compared to the professional grade look of some of the ones posted by members here. On the other hand, it might be a while before I spring for a new camera, so maybe I'll just do the best with what I have. I want to get shots of each of my bottles with a kitty or two in the frame. Smile
Dulcemio:
I feel like my images are so low quality compared to the professional grade look of some of the ones posted by members here. On the other hand, it might be a while before I spring for a new camera, so maybe I'll just do the best with what I have. I want to get shots of each of my bottles with a kitty or two in the frame. Smile

I say just keep working with the equipment you've got. Focus more on the composition and the overall effect without expecting more from your equipment. I have some photos that I took with my old phone, and while the image is kind of grainy, I managed to capture particularly captivating scenes, and so those photos are precious to me even if not "professional grade".

For us amateurs, we can learn a lot and still take some artful pictures with limited equipment.
Kind of like learning to ski on a particular set of skiis. Once you've mastered them, then it probably is time to move up to the higher performance gear..
11 years ago
The perfume pictures that I have taken were by cell phone and lately a Sony Cyber - shot digital camera. I am happy with them.
NSku:
I have to say that all of you that post such artistic pictures of your perfumes have inspired me to do a better job with mine. I probably won't take down my first postings, even tho they look so "meh" to me now..but won't get around to more photos til later. I know when I do, I'll take much more care in composition based on the inspiration I've received and the example set by youse guys here at Parfumo!!

My first year here, I had no camera, so the quality of my images is quite poor, since they were all taken with the eye of my netbook. I've decided to leave them up anyway, since they record my first year here and The Emperor's participation, too!

Smile
11 years ago
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Thanks for all the eye candy, FranFran! Very Happy (And the cats are nice, too!)

Ha ha Laughing
But it's about the cats Smile
11 years ago
I love it Fran Fran, thanks.
11 years ago
Don't be surprised if your site crashes from all the hits, Fran. Wink
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Don't be surprised if your site crashes from all the hits, Fran. Wink

as long as I can still receive my mails I don't care Laughing
11 years ago
Some of you know that I went on my Home and Garden Pilgrimage today, it was very nice.
I stopped to say hello to someone passing me that I recognized. He recognized me too, he says that I am the one that his dog barks at. I asked him how does he know. He told me that his dog is prejudiced and that he knows that white people live on one side of the road and black people live on the other side. He says his dog doesn't bark at the other guy.
I asked him if he was pulling my leg, he said no. The lady he was with told him that was not a nice thing to say but he didn't care.
He didn't hurt my feelings because I noticed that he always gets close to me with his dog when I'm in the area, purposely, and I always have to detour.

Is it even possible to train a dog to be prejudiced???
11 years ago
What the eff?! I would've punched his lights out!! MadShocked
11 years ago
I am totally at loss for words here. All I can say is I am sorry such a fool was in your presence today. I hope little Dig did not hear any of the conversation.
11 years ago
Cincy:
I am totally at loss for words here. All I can say is I am sorry such a fool was in your presence today. I hope little Dig did not hear any of the conversation.

Thank you and no Little Dig was nowhere around.
He didn't bother me really lol, I often say, if you don't like the way I look take it up with the person who made me! Razz
11 years ago
Digindirt:
...Is it even possible to train a dog to be prejudiced???

Unfortunately, yes. Some people train dogs to react to specific races. In the "Old South" (or any other state with a heavy KKK membership), these were called "White Dogs". Shamefully, some dogs are still clandestinely trained to do this, from alerting presence, to tracking/hunting, to out-and-out attack. There are a few books, academic papers, and films about it.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:55; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Pepper spray, yes! Or a good, stout walking stick.
11 years ago
Did I mention that I had to go to his house two or three days ago? He nor his dog were anywhere around, maybe they were out taking a walk looking for people scare like its Halloween or something.
Thanks Wichapi for the crash course in history.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:55; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Did I mention that I had to go to his house two or three days ago? He nor his dog were anywhere around, maybe they were out taking a walk looking for people scare like its Halloween or something.
Thanks Wichapi for the crash course in history.

Be careful. This guy spells trouble.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Wichapi:
Digindirt:
...Is it even possible to train a dog to be prejudiced???

Unfortunately, yes. Some people train dogs to react to specific races. In the "Old South" (or any other state with a heavy KKK membership), these were called "White Dogs". Shamefully, some dogs are still clandestinely trained to do this, from alerting presence, to tracking/hunting, to out-and-out attack. There are a few books, academic papers, and films about it.

Oh, this is dreadful news. But nothing should surprise us, sadly enough. I wonder how many generations before we're all color-blind?

On the other hand, I've lived in the Old South my entire life and this is the first I've ever heard of this. So, as with a lot of things, your mileage will vary.
126 - 150 by 529
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Some thoughts about cats and dogs
Jump to