Search Forum

The sound of fragrance. Which would you pick?

The sound of fragrance. Which would you pick? 5 months ago 2

I was going to post this in off topic section, but then decided no this is absolutely about the different notes of fragrance and deserves to be here in the fragrance section of the forum.

I think this is some of Jeremy’s best content and an amazing idea.

I have not smelled his Office for men. But when he started to say the notes. I thought we would hear the notes 🎶 from the right hand side of the piano and move downward to the lower notes of the piano and wow it was just amazing seeing him experience the top notes of the fragrance coming back here and there as the mid and base notes come in stronger but with the top notes still popping every so often.

Here is the video.

But I have a question which fragrance would you like to have composed in to music like that? If you only had the chance to pick one fragrance what would it be?

Mine would be Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir my reason for picking that has nothing to do with the name. The notes in are so beautiful and candy like with a pop of freshness from the peppermint. I think it would sound amazing experienced as a piece of music from the piano. 🎹 I have attached a screenshot of the notes from this fragrance so people can see why I picked this😊

Also which musical interpretation did you enjoy the most? I liked the first the most 😊

If the YouTube forum bug is covering the text read my reply below instead.

Last edited by Mitchcraft on 11.12.2023, 09:33; edited 3 times in total
5 months ago 2

There is a bug often in the forums where videos cover up the text of the OP so I am pasting it here in a reply in case like myself you are experiencing that.

I was going to post this in off topic section, but then decided no this is absolutely about the different notes of fragrance and deserves to be here in the fragrance section of the forum.

I think this is some of Jeremy’s best content and an amazing idea.

I have not smelled his Office for men. But when he started to say the notes. I thought we would hear the notes 🎶 from the right hand side of the piano and move downward to the lower notes of the piano and wow it was just amazing seeing him experience the top notes of the fragrance coming back here and there as the mid and base notes come in stronger but with the top notes still popping every so often. Please watch the video before reading the next paragraphs.

But I have a question ,which fragrance would you like to have composed in to music like that? If you only had the chance to pick one fragrance what would it be?

Mine would be Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir my reason for picking that has nothing to do with the name. The notes in are so beautiful and candy like with a pop of freshness from the peppermint. I think it would sound amazing experienced as a piece of music from the piano. 🎹

Also which musical interpretation did you prefer? I liked the first song more. 😊 Edit: having listened to them again I actually am finding the 2nd one maybe more preferable they are both so great

Also here is a screenshot of the notes from Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir

5 months ago 3

@Mitchcraft Wow, the video is absolutely amazing! As a synesthetic person I'm very intrigued by this idea, I'd love to create "olfactory music".

Mitchcraft

I have not smelled his Office for men. But when he started to say the notes. I thought we would hear the notes 🎶 from the right hand side of the piano and move downward to the lower notes of the piano and wow it was just amazing seeing him experience the top notes of the fragrance coming back here and there as the mid and base notes come in stronger but with the top notes still popping every so often.

Yes exactly! I'm also not familiar with either of those fragrances but I think William Goldstein got the point of top / heart / base notes just perfectly. Splendid work! 👏

Mitchcraft

Also which musical interpretation did you prefer? I liked the first song more. 😊 Edit: having listened to them again I actually am finding the 2nd one maybe more preferable they are both so great

I'm in the team one, the first one was my favourite but I totally agree that both were fantastic!

Mitchcraft

But I have a question ,which fragrance would you like to have composed in to music like that? If you only had the chance to pick one fragrance what would it be?

This question was eventually harder than I thought it would be but I ended up choosing Guess 1981 Indigo for Women (Eau de Toilette)Guess 1981 Indigo for Women Eau de Toilette which is one of those fragrances that I'm sure no one would believe to be a cheapie in a blind sniff test, it's such a unique niche-like masterpiece, I have never smelled anything like it before. It also lasts ages on skin and is non-linear developing very beautifully and revealing different notes layer by layer. It's a fragrance very difficult to describe verbally, it's very challenging and multi-faceted. Those are the reasons why I think it would be extremely interesting to hear a music piece inspired by it.

5 months ago 1
Lempi

@Mitchcraft Wow, the video is absolutely amazing! As a synesthetic person I'm very intrigued by this idea, I'd love to create "olfactory music".

Yes, just imagine being able to pick any instrument from an orchestra for each note. It would probably require you having to wear a fragrance several times to do that for each fragrance note. The Oboe came to mind when i saw the wine note in your choice of fragrance 😊.

5 months ago 3

This is sooo cool! As a pianist myself I now want to try composing a fragrance inspired piece, though I think I'll have to wait until my sample collection comes in the mail as everything I have atm is too linear to be really inspiring musically. 

5 months ago 3

Mitchcraft

Yes, just imagine being able to pick any instrument from an orchestra for each note. It would probably require you having to wear a fragrance several times to do that for each fragrance note. The Oboe came to mind when i saw the wine note in your choice of fragrance 😊.

Hey wow, this idea is even more amazing! Let's try this... You said it, pinot noir wine is no doubt an oboe! So here we go, the whole pyramid...

Fig nectar = bass clarinet

Sea mist = harp

Californian lilac = violin

Narcissus = trumpet

White iris = flute

Blue lotus = piano

Atlas cedar = double bass

Pinot noir wine = oboe

Haitian vetiver = cello

So @Mitchcraft which instruments would you pick for the notes of Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir? 😊

ScentNebula

This is sooo cool! As a pianist myself I now want to try composing a fragrance inspired piece, though I think I'll have to wait until my sample collection comes in the mail as everything I have atm is too linear to be really inspiring musically.

Sounds awesome! I also remember reading somewhere that you create your own fragrances so how amazing that would be to create an own perfume and a piano piece for it... Please share the result with us if you end up creating something, that would be wonderful! I don't know if you remember me from the F-site but anyway welcome to Parfumo @ScentNebula and nice to see you here! 🙋

5 months ago 1

ScentNebula

Sounds awesome! I also remember reading somewhere that you create your own fragrances so how amazing that would be to create an own perfume and a piano piece for it... Please share the result with us if you end up creating something, that would be wonderful! I don't know if you remember me from the F-site but anyway welcome to Parfumo @ScentNebula and nice to see you here! 🙋

If you think you remember me from F-site I think you must be mistaken because I had a different username over there! But it is true I am hoping to start creating my own frags (I don't have the supplies yet) and I really love the idea of creating my own fragrance + music to go with it!

5 months ago 1

ScentNebula

If you think you remember me from F-site I think you must be mistaken because I had a different username over there! But it is true I am hoping to start creating my own frags (I don't have the supplies yet) and I really love the idea of creating my own fragrance + music to go with it!

Yes I know, I read about it from your posts here at Parfumo. 😁 But I meant that my nickname was the same over there and I used to be a very active member especially a few years ago. I left because of the same reasons that you described in one of your posts. Anyways, I'm looking forward to hear more about your projects and ideas when you'll get something ready, sounds so great! 👍👍

5 months ago 3

Oh @ScentNebula please share with us what you create. This would be brilliant to see and hear.

@Lempi Very good question. I am going to have to sit down and think about it for a while but one that comes to mind instantly for the Peppermint is probably a 🪈 flute. And I have a style of music in mind already. It comes from a certain movie franchise I love. I wonder what it could be? I am sure you can guess 😂. If you read my review for Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir it will give you a clue but I am sure you don’t even need the clue by now 😁

5 months ago 1

@Mitchcraft Hahaha well you can be sure I guessed it right even before reading the review 😜 But it was a great review btw. And I like that association of peppermint= flute. I promise that very soon I will also know what kind of music you're talking about here, just wait a couple of days 😄

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre The sound of fragrance. Which would you pick?
Jump to