Search Forum

Newbie in need of direction

Newbie in need of direction 2 months ago 1

Hello everyone,

I've just found this page and had a look through it. It's a bit intimidating with all the notes this, fragrance that, I don't have that yet but I hope I'll be understandable. 

I've always had appreciation for someone wearing a good smell, but never really went into it. I haven't had a perfume or an eau de toilette for a while and found myself missing that. The only point of reference I have is that I like very much Evidence by Yves Rocher, I've used it for years. Now that I read through it, makes sense since I also enjoy a good Earl Grey Smile I also don't enjoy the Chanelle nr.5. Also whenever I tried looking for a something fresh, I've found myself liking it, but not enough to buy it. 

Here's a description of Evidence from their site:

Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Cypress
Heart notes: Floral rose facet, Black pepper, Nutmeg, Cardamom
Base notes: Patchouli, Gaiac wood (Bulnesia sarmenti variety), Cedarwood

Could you recommend something similar that is in a reasonable price range? Or something different, that might be cool?

2 months ago 2

I will tag the fragrance in question for anyone else who wants to answer your question, since there's a lot of flankers to Comme une Evidence: Comme une Evidence HommeComme une Evidence Homme

Though I haven't personally smelled that one, I'd start by checking out the "similar" list on this site, which includes Déclaration d'Un SoirDéclaration d'Un Soir (which is fantastic, by the way), Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette)Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette (another very good one), and F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette)F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black Eau de Toilette.

If you enjoy Earl Grey tea, I'd check out Earl Grey & CucumberEarl Grey & Cucumber, that's one of my absolute favorites.

2 months ago 1

Hello, and welcome to Parfumo! 🙂 Hope you enjoy your time here.

I have not smelled the fragrance you mentioned (Evidence by Yves Rocher) - but since you mentioned loving Earl Grey, here are some ways I try to find potentially similar fragrances.

I go to Parfumo's "advanced search", and then I type in which notes I want to search fragrances for. The link I've included here will take you to the advanced search page, and already has "Earl Grey tea" added as a note for you to search fragrances by - so it will hopefully start to lead you in the direction of comparable fragrances you might be interested in.

Another way I check for similar fragrances, is by going to the fragrance page I love (such as clicking here on Comme une Evidence HommeComme une Evidence Homme , in your case) and seeing what is listed under the "Similar" button below the fragrance notes. This is where users have voted on other fragrances, when they perceive them as being "similar" to the main fragrance.

Wishing you the best in your journey to find another fragrance that you love!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Newbie in need of direction
Jump to