I have been.......

1076 - 1100 by 2160
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I need a beer sponsor

Hahaha!
11 years ago
Cincy:
Well that is nice of you to plant flowers in your neighbors yard.

What are you planting Dig.

Yes I'm pretty nice, especially when the neighbor sends me a Christmas card with a crisp $100 bill in it!

I planted profusion zinnias, marigolds, and verbena. The evergreens are still standing to my surprise, so all I have to do annually is to add a little color. I try to plant easy to grow stuff because they don't even take time to water the plants.
I have a beautiful Silberlocke Spruce dead center in their yard with Rosy Glow Barberry shrubs planted on each side (which I keep dwarf)

The Barberry adds a red glow while the yellow marigolds and orange zinnias kind of intertwine and create a bushy full circular layout.

Around the steps I have beautiful orange Chrysanthemums and perennial verbena (that act like annuals) planted at the base. I threw in a few marigolds to make that little corner pop until the Mums begin to bloom.

I have been holding my breath as my sister sends me pictures of little dig riding his new bike. He is doing better than I expected but it's still a pretty powerful bike for someone his age.
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
No drooling please, you'll mess up the toffee leather interior. Cool

I have been eyeballing Flaconneur's car today, it so cool!! I felt compelled to go out and give mine a good bath after seeing his though.
11 years ago
Finn or husband Confused:
11 years ago
LaughingLaughingLaughing
11 years ago
Did you guys see the Super Moon? Holy smokes, was that thing big and bright.
11 years ago
I have been making (and eating!) blueberry Greek yogurt pancakes. Here's the recipe:
~1 cup King Arthur whole wheat white flour
~1 cup (maybe more?) nonfat Greek yogurt
2 eggs
~1 teaspoon baking powder
True lemon sprinkled in to taste ( = a lot, since I love lemon)

mix vigorously by hand until smooth

then add
1 pint fresh blueberries (minus the handful eaten raw) Razz

Plop by big spoonfuls onto a hot frying pan with a thin layer of mild olive oil.

Once they are brown, flip and then smash down (the batter is very thick). Turn down the heat and let them cook for a while. Once both sides are brown, remove from pan and ....

eat!

Very Happy
11 years ago
Diane, True Lemon is a product (no, I'm not a shill). It's concentrated lemon powder--all natural and I believe freeze dried. I use it in cooking and beverages all the time. It's a replacement for fresh lemon juice and tastes MUCH better than the liquid in the green bottles or the plastic lemons.

They also make True Lime, True Grapefruit, and True Orange--all of which are great for cooking since you don't need to "remember" to buy fresh fruit to squeeze for recipes, you just sprinkle this powder on and the result is exactly as though one used fresh-squeezed juice.
Very Happy
11 years ago
I just noticed that your name is Dlane, not Diane!!!! I was wondering why in messages you used "Deb". Whoops!
Embarassed
11 years ago
Yes, it is at grocery stores, but the best place to get it is online directly from the company because it costs less there, plus they have nonstop promos. Here's the URL:

www.truelemonstore.com/

My sister introduced me to this product, and now I'm an addict--I put it in everything--cooking, baking, seltzer, you name it. It's much easier for me than trying to keep track of fresh citrus in my fridge--which invariably go bad before I reach for them...

Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
I have been talking with Dlane, she wants everyone to know she won't be posting for a day or two. She spilled juice on her keyboard. Sad
11 years ago
Oh, that bites. Sad
11 years ago
Sure does, she is in the corner for spilling juice. Razz
11 years ago
Cincy:
I have been talking with Dlane, she wants everyone to know she won't be posting for a day or two. She spilled juice on her keyboard. Sad

Tell Deb I hope her package arrives today. Mine won't be here cause its in NC. Ha!
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Mine won't be here cause its in NC. Ha!

Why is it that I can ship things to Europe and Africa without incident but every freakin' time I mail to Baltimore things go haywire? Crying or Very sad There must be some black hole of postal doom involved.
11 years ago
Well Deb got her package today. Maybe Cincy can pick up my package for me. Ha!
11 years ago
Dig I am in SC, if I drive to NC to get it I get half. Razz
1076 - 1100 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to