Search Forum

I have been.......

1301 - 1325 by 2160
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Digindirt:
I wrote my own instructions.

Bwah! I don't mean to make light of your serious situation but that's hilarious.

Lol, I'm good at it!
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
DIG,
I don't know how things work these days, but can you call an individual meeting/conference with his teacher to get clarification?

I have been thinking that , they should have made it clear BEFORE, I spent $150 on school supplies for my son. The liaison will be reading a copy of my emails as well. She writes the checks, she has to be happy. If her parents have problems with the schools, she will yank her kids.

I am just really very POed about the whole thing. Why do I want something another parent bought for their child coming home with my son? Why do I want another child taking home something I bought for MY son!

Yeah I know it sounds petty but I am furious about this!
11 years ago
DIG, I think I missed something, please elaborate re kids bringing other kids' stuff home.

BTW, you're reminding me of my mom again. Passive she was not. ( and I loved her for it) Smile
11 years ago
I believe parents nowadays have to actually provide the classroom things like glue, construction paper, blue tack, etc instead of the kid bringing it and using it for themselves only. Teachers used to get a budget for those kinds of things but not anymore. My mom is a teacher's assistant and told me that a few years ago. If it's different, please chime in DD.
11 years ago
Hayven:
I believe parents nowadays have to actually provide the classroom things like glue, construction paper, blue tack, etc instead of the kid bringing it and using it for themselves only. Teachers used to get a budget for those kinds of things but not anymore. My mom is a teacher's assistant and told me that a few years ago. If it's different, please chime in DD.

I had no idea. Shocked And to think all school supplies in elementary school were once supplied by the school. And the concept that teachers have ever paid for them from their own pocket completely blows my mind.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Hayven:

I had no idea. Shocked And to think all school supplies in elementary school were once supplied by the school. And the concept that teachers have ever paid for them from their own pocket completely blows my mind.

Hayven is correct and that I don't mind. What I DO mind is my child coming home with a folder, scissors, notebook, or (a shirt in one instance) that another parent provided for THEIR. Child.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
DIG, I think I missed something, please elaborate re kids bringing other kids' stuff home.

BTW, you're reminding me of my mom again. Passive she was not. ( and I loved her for it) Smile

My son's homework folder is one i do not recognize.
I purchased his supplies based on his specific likes and dislikes. If they are distributing supplies, I don't want him getting something blue (for instance) when his favorite color is red.
I bought him lots of red stuff, rocker stuff, etc because that's what he likes.
My feeling is this folder he comes home with was paid for by another parent and was purchased for their child.

Anyhoo, regarding the screwed up home assignments.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:

My son's homework folder is one i do not recognize.
I purchased his supplies based on his specific likes and dislikes. If they are distributing supplies, I don't want him getting something blue (for instance) when his favorite color is red.
I bought him lots of red stuff, rocker stuff, etc because that's what he likes.
My feeling is this folder he comes home with was paid for by another parent and was purchased for their child.

Anyhoo, regarding the screwed up home assignments,It's been resolved. I got a call and several emails today. He apologized for the conflicting instructions, said he made a mistake.
Other instructors whom I have never been introduced to even via email sent me notes today.
They said they don't really send feedback to the parents, they just give the children individual instruction but the parents are not required to help with homework or oversee the child's progress.
I told them that that would be fine for the parents who settle for that, however, I am not one of those parents.
11 years ago
I have been thinking that the same thing happened - long ago - to my younger son, he came home in different clothes (in first grade) than what I had put on him in the morning.

Nothing could get out of him, how that happened.

A talk to the Principal revealed nothing either. I suspect that some woman had dressed him differently.

What is the story here? I don't know ... Your son can answer all your questions, if and when he wants to. My son remained silent, go figure.
11 years ago
I have been wine shopping... Cryptic, when did you buy a vineyard?
Last edited by Greysolon on 20.07.2013, 01:31; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
AND..........
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
A wine named after our own Cryptic! We always knew she was a rare vintage.

Ha Ha! Good one Dlane.
11 years ago
ShockedVery Happy

That is completely fabulous, Grey! Thank you. I think an avatar change is in order.
11 years ago
I have been taking full advantage of the Starbucks free refill policy and using their air conditioned space as my home office (it's a block away from my humble abode).

Razz
11 years ago
I have been chuckling at Cryptic's new and awesome avatar!!!!

Laughing
11 years ago
Cryptic:
ShockedVery Happy

That is completely fabulous, Grey! Thank you. I think an avatar change is in order.

Very Happy
11 years ago
Dulcemio:

Not to go too much off on a tangent, but there are a lot of things teachers do that they aren't given credit for. One of those is what you touched on. Also sometimes they stay late into the evening after school hours to grade papers and put together assignments.

mentalfloss.com/article/12429/5-things-remembe r-about-teachers-back-school

By the way, this article in no way reflects all of my opinions about teaching. I think it's good when a parent is proactive in their children's learning process so long as it's not to the point of being annoying. I give you big credit, DD, for sticking to your guns and being involved in your son's schooling.
Sherapop, I can't imagine the amount of caffeine you are running on right now. Laughing One small cup of coffee from Starbuck's and I'm good for the day.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:

Sherapop, I can't imagine the amount of caffeine you are running on right now. Laughing One small cup of coffee from Starbuck's and I'm good for the day.

No worries: their refill policy is totally liberal. I start with a tall dark roast, and then I switch to iced tea, either Zen or Passion. You are right that the coffee is LOADED with caffeine, so one cup is definitely enough--then I just hydrate with iced tea. I should be there now, in fact...
ConfusedIdea
11 years ago
A big hug for Dlane's hubster. Does that mean a pie or cake is going to be baked. Maybe it is to hot for that. I know he likes his sweets. Smile
11 years ago
Sorry D, I know what a scare heart related ER visits are. Tell him to be very very careful, this heat is very depressing.
11 years ago
Dear Deb, how scary for you. I've had similar things happen and it always made me want to crawl into a fetal position. D is lucky to have such a capable and wonderful wife. Hang in there, my friend.

L
11 years ago
I have been relieved that Deb's DH is home safe and sound with her now!
Smile
1301 - 1325 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to