Search Forum

I have been.......

1501 - 1525 by 2160
11 years ago
If I don't get my sleep, it upsets my whole day.

Dlane you would have a best seller if you wrote a book about Finn.

I laugh everytime you talk of him.
11 years ago
Good luck Dlane.

I have been wanting a gin and tonic for awhile now, soooooooooooooo

Gin & Tonic it is. So refreshing in this heat. Apicius www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1128 and others may like wine Rolling Eyes I'll take gin. Smile
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Dulcimio, we've tried. The best we can do is get him to wade into a stream up to his chest. Beyond that, he freaks out. Throwing toys into the water (lake, pond, anything) doesn't work for him. He's not really "toy driven" but "food driven"; maybe if I threw a roast chicken out there for him to fetch he might pay attention and go for it! He's 6 now so I think his days as potential water dog are past. He even hates the rain and won't go out into it. I have to shelter him under an umbrella to get him out the door.

Sounds like that might be a total waste of a roast chicken! Poor Finn. I wonder if there are any gradual training procedures that the dog whisperers use. My old cat had a slew of irrational fears when I adopted him and gradually over time he got over them. These days he doesn't even run from the vacuum! He still has healthy fear of strangers, though.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been trying to join the modern age of hand-held devices. OK, not the modern age, I'm about 10-15 years behind at least with this device. Daughter in Law gave me an old IPod that had once belonged to her kid's babysitter, then was passed on to one of her own kids. It's old and has limited storage capacity. I've successfully set up the program on my computer, bought one song, and now wonder; how do I get the old music off the IPod? Back to the drawing board!

Just reset the whole thing, there is an option in settings. Makes it like new.

Make sure you sync it with your computer and your apple I'd so you don't lose the song you purchased.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been trying to join the modern age of hand-held devices.

Ditto. I have been talking to my mom about Nook versus Kindle. She ended up talking me into getting a Nook HD+ while the prices are slashed this week. Will I like it? I wonder whether I'll ever lose my fondness for fondling paper books...

Cool
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Dlane1953:
I have been trying to join the modern age of hand-held devices.

Ditto. I have been talking to my mom about Nook versus Kindle. She ended up talking me into getting a Nook HD+ while the prices are slashed this week. Will I like it? I wonder whether I'll ever lose my fondness for fondling paper books...

Cool

It's just not the same. I have a Kindle Fire HD. It's like a giant smartphone but no phone calls. I prefer paper and the excitement of going to the store to browse for books.
11 years ago
People who own them love them, however I would not buy. My bookcase would be bare if I never bought books. Wink
Last edited by Cincy on 14.08.2013, 17:38; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cincy:
People who own them love them, however I would not buy. My bookcase would be bear if I never bought books. Wink

But you could put all of your beautiful perfume bottles on display!

Razz
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I prefer books although to be fair I"ve never tried Kindle or similar. I can think of many opportunities to use one; if you travel and read a lot, it's easier to pack one item rather than 3 books.

My mom's most persuasive argument was that you can actually highlight and mark pages. This is an issue for me, as I read a lot of library books and use post-it flags and the like. Sometimes it becomes overwhelming. Of course, in the books I own, marginalia abounds!

Laughing
11 years ago
Dlane,
I know it's hard to imagine now, but by the time we feel like going to bed at 4:30 we won't mind it. I've watched various people and animals get super old and they all just like to sleep all the time. I can see it in my old kitty now, he doesn't feel like he's missing anything, he just needs some comfy spots where he can conk out and he's happy. Laughing
11 years ago
I like paper books. I like turning pages and using a bookmark and all that stuff. I'll never use a pad.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Shoot me, please, before I consider going to bed at 4:30 PM.

Roger!

Because... what a life is that - can not wear your evening perfumes!
11 years ago
Hey, I go to bed at 4:30 pm sometimes. But it's my equivalent to 4:30 am. Very Happy
I have been....laughing my butt off. I showed my boyfriend a picture of Dolby's cat from her page (I was admiring her collection and deviated to the cat album), and he said, "Could this be a more beautiful moment?" I said something about childbirth and he made a funny noise in his throat. I then said, "Yeah, maybe not so beautiful; babies come out looking like they're covered in Parmesan cheese and their heads are shaped funny from being pushed through the cervix". And he had no idea! He thought they came out clean, plump, and rosy.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
If men had to go through childbearing...

Currently there is no success, but some still doggedly trying Very Happy
11 years ago
Dlane1953:

I guess I want to die before I reach that point---like 10 minutes before I reach the "no tune-ups or retreads will make any difference whatsoever" point in time! Wink

It's funny how we often change our minds about a future stage in life when we finally get there and realize, "Hey, it's not so bad!"

My grandmother was very old when she died and was basically bed-ridden due to age-related health problems for the last several years of her life. We all felt sorry for her, since she'd been so active and independent her whole life. Finally one day my uncle got mad and said something like, "Why is everyone always making judgments about her quality of life? I know my mother, she's happy!" And the truth was, she was happy. She lived with her family, not in a rest home, she had frequent visitors, her game shows on tv (she preferred Regis over Meredith on Millionaire) and a comfy bed. I don't think she would've wanted to check out any sooner than she did. Smile
1501 - 1525 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to