Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

2851 - 2875 by 4531
11 years ago
Are you looking for the Lancaster?
11 years ago
Not the Lancaster.

This Paris hotel markets and sells its own two fragrances, but they are available for purchase elsewhere, too, at places like Aedes de Venustas and Luckyscent. They were both created by Olivia Giacobetti.
11 years ago
*kicks self*

Costes! It looks like quite a place.

11 years ago
Very swanky, eh? I'd love to visit someday, but oh, the prices!

Congratulations to Cryptic!
11 years ago
Better late than never. Wink

New clue:

11 years ago
I was waiting to see if anyone else would answer, but since it's a slow day here on Parfumo, here it is:

Elvis Presley's Teddy Bear.

I wonder if it was truly popular when it was released.
11 years ago
That's it, SystemeD. One of the earliest celebrity fragrances, since it came out in 1957.
11 years ago
What fragrance name is this man yelling?

11 years ago
SystemeD:
What fragrance name is this man yelling?

"Stella"!!!!
Very Happy
11 years ago
Holy Crapola! I finally knew one and our beloved Shera beat me to it.
11 years ago
Cincy:
Holy Crapola! I finally knew one and our beloved Shera beat me to it.

Unforgettable film, unforgettable scene!

Laughing
11 years ago
Here's my question:

Which house's made-for-women perfumes come in exactly the same bottle as that for "Eau du Soir"?

The caps are different, but the glass bottles are identical...

Twisted Evil
11 years ago
I don't have bottles from either house in my own collection, so this is just an educated guess.

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier?
11 years ago
SystemeD:
I don't have bottles from either house in my own collection, so this is just an educated guess.

That's it! I was very surprised to make this discovery!

Congrats! Now you're up, SystemeD!
Very Happy
11 years ago
SystemeD:

That's it! I was very surprised to make this discovery!

Congrats! Now you're up, SystemeD!
Very Happy
11 years ago
This fragrance has the same name as a famous author.

This author's most famous novella was first made into a French romantic comedy film, but this film is not well-known.

Later, it was adapted as a (non-musical) Broadway play, starring an actress who was on her way to international fame.

The most successful adaptation of the novella was by Lerner and Loewe, as an MGM musical film with a new starring actress.

Just to make things complicated, the novella, play and film also share a name with at least one fragrance, but I am not asking for that name! Instead, name the author of the novella.
11 years ago
SystemeD:
This fragrance has the same name as a famous author.

This author's most famous novella was first made into a French romantic comedy film, but this film is not well-known.

Later, it was adapted as a (non-musical) Broadway play, starring an actress who was on her way to international fame.

The most successful adaptation of the novella was by Lerner and Loewe, as an MGM musical film with a new starring actress.

Just to make things complicated, the novella, play and film also share a name with at least one fragrance, but I am not asking for that name! Instead, name the author of the novella.

Whoa... I'd better make some more coffee!

Confused
11 years ago
"Colette" by Tocca?
11 years ago
Well done, Cryptic!
11 years ago
I didn't know the answer to the quiz, however I would have been Shocked shocked Shocked if Cryptic hadn't known the answer.
11 years ago

There's one in every crowd, Cincy. I'll be back soon with something new. Wink
11 years ago
Name the movie that inspired a series of four perfumes. The movie features a chase scene at Mount Rushmore and an attack by a biplane.
11 years ago
The movie is North by Northwest, and the house is Smell Bent.
11 years ago
Yes!!

Cary Grant and the cropduster from hell:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g458w2X9uHc
11 years ago
This French fashion house, established in the 1940s, is mentioned in at least four rap songs, surely at least in part because of their very expensive high-top sneakers. But the very first popular song to mention this house was likely the one that hit the top of the UK pop music charts in 1969.

Name the house, and feel free to mention your favorite fragrances from this house.
2851 - 2875 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to