Search Forum

What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes

51 - 75 by 143
Re: sort of off topic 11 years ago
Dulcemio:
A young, beautiful, very professional and talented woman I work with often has awful BO. She interacts with clients, so I've been hoping one of her superiors would address it, but so far, no such luck.

I am much older than her, so theoretically I could get away with giving her advice in a motherly or big sisterly way, but that could go horribly wrong, even if done with tact and sensitivity. I only interact with her in passing, so her stench is not really my problem, I mainly just feel bad for her. My conscience is begging me to speak up. But the potential fallout to our working relationship prevents me.

What would you do in my place?

I never encountered this. I am so sensitive even discussing smell issues with patients that OBVIOUSLY smell awful because of open necrotic wounds and such, because they KNOW they smell awful and are helpless. I have no idea what I would say to an apparently healthy colleague who is oblivious.

Maybe it's a health problem? Is it hygiene? Do you know? Does anyone?
11 years ago
Fish !!

Rotten potatoes

Garbage

Burnt milk
11 years ago
Olives
Dead animals
Diety aquariums
Fish emulsion liquid
Sweaty athletes
11 years ago
bleach
chlorine
onion
burnt hair
cooking red meat, especially stewing red meat, times ten if it's stewing in red wine
metal shavings
vomit
rotten teeth breath
cloying baby/toddler smell, the thick scent people have with toddlers in the house
spent matches
most moulds
extreme cat piss (kitty litter trays and accidents are fine, completely saturated litter or a house full of cat stained carpet is not)
rotting flesh
murky rotting water. Sometimes my housemates don't cycle the water out of our bath jets and I have to run out gagging and ask my partner to run it out.
decomposing semen (don't ask... or ask if you really want to, it's sort of amusing?)

Most BO/fart/faeces smells are offensive but nowhere near this list, generally my response is "ugh, what is that?" *continues to sniff out of curious masochism*
I'll quote Austin Powers: "Everyone likes their own brand, don't they?"
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Stink bugs.

Hahaha...now I see why my comment about the "stink bug incident" with my husband was so disturbing!
11 years ago
Dirty mop heads incubated in a microbiological media to grow a bacteria called "Proteus Vulgaris"- yes, I get paid to do this type of thing.
Burning/melting electrical equipment
Beef, chicken and pig slaughterhouses
Wastewater treatment facilities
Onions- raw or cooking
Greasy unwashed hair
Gasoline
Jet fuel
Fresh cut grass
cat pee/feces
Mildew
Valerian Root
Asafoetida
Windex/Ammonia Glass Cleaners
11 years ago
How you handle with this - if it happens to become stuck in your mind a very unpleasant smell?
I mean - when you've been exposed to it for a long time, and has been so strongly imprinted in your mind, as if is still here!

I would be grateful for any advice ( a trick if there is any), because I'm a step away to do something drastic Smile
11 years ago
You gave me a lot of hope, Dlane, thanks! Like I say: The watering with ice water improves mood. And even it does not matter exactly whom...
Just kidding, you know SmileVery Happy

And to my question - I do not mean some sort of associative reaction
I had to do something, and that smell was - sticky and compulsive, around me (not at me, not like I've been spattered by possum); now, the smell is gone, physically. It's only in my... in some kind of short-term olfactory memory (apparently there are such an..)
...she, a heartless scoundrelesses.
11 years ago
Off Topic (but relevant)

Florette, I don't quite get why you should write in "French" on an English language forum when you speak fluently.

What's that about?
11 years ago
11 years ago
Google Translate is bad enough when one speaks a language perfectly... Need I say more? Wink
11 years ago
Ahaha WolfM ... Totally with you on that one! xo
11 years ago
Dolby:
Off Topic (but relevant)

Florette, I don't quite get why you should write in "French" on an English language forum when you speak fluently.

What's that about?

A perfectly civil question. I was prompted to ponder the same thing. However, now that I've seen that politeness will only be greeted with accusations of bullying I'll just scroll on by.
Last edited by Cryptic on 18.10.2013, 20:36; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cryptic:
A perfectly civil question. I was prompted to ponder the same thing. However, now that I've seen that politeness will only result in accusations of bullying I'll just scroll on by.

Thanks Hun.
Obviously another one of my fans cowardly hiding behind a new identity, although, quite frankly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out who it is.
Ah!
Very Happy
11 years ago
xoxo
51 - 75 by 143
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes
Jump to