Search Forum

How do you use the collection list?

How do you use the collection list? 11 years ago
I was just wondering as I am gently cataloguing my scents.

Only on the full bottle am I ticking the 'I have' box. Should I be ticking this one for minis and samples too? I'm suddenly not sure halfway through.
A full bottle:- I'm ticking the 'I have' and the 'tested' box

A mini:- I'm ticking the 'Miniature' and the 'tested' box

A sample:- I'm ticking the 'Sample' and the 'tested' box

Smelled somewhere else or I have a smelling strip:- I'm ticking only the 'tested' box

Just checking.
11 years ago
Tictureall, it is up to you how you want to use this feature.

If I buy a fragrance that I have previously tested, it goes into my "I have" collection, and I take it out of my "tested" collection.

Personally, I am not using the "samples" collection - simply because I have so many and lost overview Smile.
11 years ago
Thank you. I just wondered if others used the 'I have' button for anything other than FB's. It meant that I wasn't seeing all my frags on one list by separating them into samples and minis and FB's, but I didn't want to appear to have FB's where I don't.
I love this collection list. So easy to do. Thank you.
11 years ago
I don't list samples either. I might have added a few but in general I only use I have and mini. If I write a review, I might check the tested option.
11 years ago
I use "I have" for full bottles 0.5 oz and larger.

The minis collection is of miniature bottles and roll ons.

I had a samples collection, but I keep getting so many or using them up that I cleared the list. It's a nice feature though if someone wants to swap samples so you can keep track of them all.
11 years ago
I only add full bottles to my collection. I also keep track of minis using that feature. Like others I don't keep track of tried or samples as there are just too many to keep track of.
11 years ago
I use the "samples" feature for perfume oils, perfume solids, and decants of a multi-wear size, including roller balls, purse sprays, and other small bottles which are not true miniature replicas (those ones I list under "minis).

Small sample vials which I'll be testing only once or twice and then discarding are not worth the trouble to record, it seems to me...

Cool
11 years ago
Samples get the samples checkbox. Everything else gets the Have. Everything that I've put on my skin gets the Tested. I like to keep it simple.
11 years ago
I think I may simplify it too, before I get too far in to make a muddle because they aren't showing in the same list. Sometimes I have bought something in a batch or have a batch that I haven't smelled yet but I have them.

I don't suppose it matters much but it's nice to have an alphabetical list in one place. I've been meaning to catalogue them all for a long time.
11 years ago
I keep track of samples that have been given to me by listing them here.

Tinctureall, if you're concerned about how others will interpret the way you've classified things you could always leave an explanation in a comment on your collection. I've seen a few members do that. Idea
11 years ago
It's up to you but I use mine to keep organized. For me:

Have is for full bottles (15 mL or larger manufacturer bottles), large decants, and rollerballs.
Mini is for minis (usually 5-7 mL) or 5-10 mL decants.
Sample is just for samples I have up to 3 or 4 mL, whether I've tried them or not.
Tested is obviously if I've tested it but don't own a bottle.
Wishlist if I want a full bottle or decant.
Had are almost always bottles I've owned and then swapped. I never finish a bottle.
11 years ago
In my case I only list a fragrance in my collection if I own a full bottle. I list all my minis as minis and don't list any decants regardless of size or samples at all (just too many too keep track of).
11 years ago
Somewhere, I forgot when, it could have been on the German twin site, the issue was raised whether in

HAVE everything should be listed. Sure, theoretically that is true for a count, but

on the Perfume Page of the individual Perfume a column exists on the right hand side, whoever else HAS such and such perfume.

In my humble opinion, under the category HAVE only full bottles should be listed, because otherwise the column on the Perfume Page grows out of bounds.

Maybe that could be made a Rule??
11 years ago
everything I have is in HAVE, but color ordered..

first few rows are full bottles .5 oz or bigger (pink to black), then minis the actual cute bottles (pink to black), then rollerballs & multiple samples of (4 or more), then samples, then perfumes in the mail.

I like to see everything on one page.

Tested is anything that I dont own but has been on my skin.
11 years ago
Pipette:
Somewhere, I forgot when, it could have been on the German twin site, the issue was raised whether in

HAVE everything should be listed. Sure, theoretically that is true for a count, but

on the Perfume Page of the individual Perfume a column exists on the right hand side, whoever else HAS such and such perfume.

In my humble opinion, under the category HAVE only full bottles should be listed, because otherwise the column on the Perfume Page grows out of bounds.

Maybe that could be made a Rule??

Hmmmm, I do see your point. I wonder though, what constitutes a full bottle? I have a "bottle" of vintage Chanel No 5 parfum, but it's only 7 mL. To me it's a FB, and will take me forever to use, but it's rather small on the grand scale. Or what about my 30 mL decant of Omnia. It's not in a manufacturer bottle, but it will last me quite a long time. I also have some 15 mL bottles. Ava Luxe, for example, only sells 15 mL bottles of EDP or parfum. Would that be a full bottle? Maybe someone has 7 mL of oud or some attar that comes in a small bottle. Or maybe they have a sample from House of Matriarch that's pure parfum and cost them $20 and they know they'll cherish that sample for like a year because they can't afford a full bottle. I could go on and on. It's just hard to know where to set the boundaries, so I think it would be hard to make rules for this type of thing.

I do agree though that in general, if it's only a sample or a small decant (less than 10 mL maybe?) of a typical perfume then it should not be in the "HAVE" section.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community How do you use the collection list?
Jump to