EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

251 - 275 by 593
Re: Hello Scarletting 11 years ago
Scarletting:
FloraMilena:
Scarletting:
FloraMilena:

I've been here for awhile. Very Happy

Yes, I noticed your similar username. So far here on Parfumo you seem nice enough so I assume you know that would not wash here.

I never change no matter which site I am on. If someone were to actually engage in denigratory or personally insulting comments against old people, the aged, gays, lesbians, atheists, or engage in hate speech, especially in the context of perfume choices in a perfume forum, I would speak right up. That will never change.

I stand for the same things, though it would seem we fight for them differently. That said, even if I don't respect your method I can appreciate your intent.

Very Happy
11 years ago 2
I jumped ship as well. What with the mess involving deletion of any topics might imply "gay" or "lesbian" and receiving a private email where someone typed "parfumo.com" which came out as "stop spam", I decided it was time to move on. Fragrantica has not been fair to *all* of its members nor supported free speech. It's a GREAT web site for perfume lovers. But only if perfumes are all you care about in life and you're okay with turning a blind eye to blatant discrimination.

Ps: I was the poster last week who posted a 2nd topic after a female created a topic where she asked what women like to smell on women - which got deleted for NO reason. I posted the follow-up topic to show solidarity to the lesbian/gay community (I'm straight!) and I simply asked what women liked to smell on other women. But that totally respectful topic got deleted too. So not worth the drama! Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Unless members are vicious against each other, you don't have to worry about deletion of topics.

I wish somebody would start the same topic here which stirred up so many waves over there.

See what happens - whether the tone can remain respectful, intelligent, to the point and civil. I cannot start it because I am straight.
11 years ago
Pipette, that's ridiculous. Off I go to start the scary topic. I predict it will be completely uncontroversial.
11 years ago
I missed the actual "controversial" posting on that other site but I suggested that maybe someone reported the sexual nature of the content and the admins reacted to those reports.

I thought perhaps the powers that be were not intentionally being hurtful. From working with young children conflict resolution is a almost a compulsion for me. I also fight the urge regularly to tie stranger's shoelaces.

Suddenly I was road kill surrounded by buzzards. It's mostly been removed. I just don't think that would happen because there is less traffic here. In my view some of what I experienced was misplaced anger. There certainly are mean people in the world but it became such a long thread that a few members piped in without all of the info.

The whole thing made me sad.
Shocked
11 years ago
I've been a member here for awhile and at Frag. too as smile4thecamera. There are things I love about this site very much, and things I love about Fragrantica as well. What I don't love about F is double standard that exists there. I grew tired of seeing panty dropper threads, cock shots, and old lady perfume threads. And yet, the idea of someone posting what do lesbians like to smell on other lesbians was suddenly taboo? I don't get it. There was nothing sexual about the thread and it was a very tame and tasteful besides. A second very tame/tasteful thread was also deleted. People started complaining and it took management forever to respond, which in the end sounded like bigoted BS to me.
11 years ago
Unfair treatment is offensive. No doubt about that

I hope to see lots more review here. .

On a side note- so many of you have different names here- I almost changed mine...
11 years ago
I was following that thread as well. I commented once about a fragrance but I missed the controversial and/or sexual post (s).
10 years ago
If you have an account over at Fragrantica, please consider paying a visit to the swap topics. Digindirt (Coniferlover over there) and a few others are selling decants and holding bottle raffles to benefit Pansylady, who is also a Parfumo member and going through a difficult time right now. Thanks for reading!
10 years ago
Cryptic:
If you have an account over at Fragrantica, please consider paying a visit to the swap topics. Digindirt (Coniferlover over there) and a few others are selling decants and holding bottle raffles to benefit Pansylady, who is also a Parfumo member and going through a difficult time right now. Thanks for reading!

Thank you Cryptic.
10 years ago
Cryptic:

Thank you for mentioning this, Cryptic.

The whole thing is pretty fun--there are prizes AND you get to help out a member in need. The main thread is a sticky in the Perfume Exchange forum.
10 years ago
Bottles (they don't have to be full) can still be mailed to Conifer who is the organizer.
10 years ago
Decants can be donated too.
10 years ago
Hayven:

The whole thing is pretty fun--there are prizes AND you get to help out a member in need. The main thread is a sticky in the Perfume Exchange forum.

My pleasure, ladies. I looked in on DiD's thread today and there is truly Something for Everyone. Niche, Discontinued, Designer, Celeb... you name it and Dig has it covered. Very Happy
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Hayven:

My pleasure, ladies. I looked in on DiD's thread today and there is truly Something for Everyone. Niche, Discontinued, Designer, Celeb... you name it and Dig has it covered. Very Happy

Nice new lots have been added throughout the course of the week. Tickets sales continue to be slow but every little donation is helpful and appreciated.
10 years ago
Like any major project, things start with great enthusiasm and then trail off a bit.

Dig - you may have to keep reminding and "advertise" to raise consciousness. At the end of the topics, members say, "how?" "what?" and err about.

Keep referring them to the major topics with the photos and the instructions.

Like in Advertising, "tell them, tell them, and tell them again".

Smile
10 years ago
What if the information about this is put in a completely new post instead? Right now it's in the "Exiled" forum, and people won't know to look there for something like this. New people may get confused.
If Dig puts it in a completely new post/forum, perhaps it will get more attention. Or, in a blog post. It's not making any sense here or getting the attention it deserves. With a new heading, it would get more eyes focused to it.
10 years ago
Sorceress:
What if the information about this is put in a completely new post instead? Right now it's in the "Exiled" forum, and people won't know to look there for something like this. New people may get confused.
If Dig puts it in a completely new post/forum, perhaps it will get more attention. Or, in a blog post. It's not making any sense here or getting the attention it deserves. With a new heading, it would get more eyes focused to it.

I am not so sure whether that would be appropriate ... because we are speaking here about an action that is taking place on Fragrantica. There are already 2 topics there on Fragrantica but the Fragranticans are not reading them.
10 years ago
Ok, then I'm confused. So they are ignoring this over there at F? Which is why it's here in the Exiled?
10 years ago
Sorceress:
Ok, then I'm confused. So they are ignoring this over there at F? Which is why it's here in the Exiled?

Noooo, this is only covered here in this particular thread because it is of interest of what is going on in Fragrantica about Raffles and such.

Sorceress, please write DigInDirt a PM and she will tell you all of the details.
10 years ago
Pipette:
Like any major project, things start with great enthusiasm and then trail off a bit.

Dig - you may have to keep reminding and "advertise" to raise consciousness. At the end of the topics, members say, "how?" "what?" and err about.

Keep referring them to the major topics with the photos and the instructions.

Like in Advertising, "tell them, tell them, and tell them again".

Smile

I do that throughout the day but I try to be conservative because I don't want members to start complaining. I am offering a lot of the best of what I have. I have about 5 lots of my own up but hardly any bites.
10 years ago
Maybe you will have to lower the prices.

Better that than nothing.
10 years ago
Pipette:
Maybe you will have to lower the prices.

Better that than nothing.

That's what I have been doing for the past two days, having half price sales. I'm not sure if lowering from $2 to $1 would pull all that many more people in lol.

I currently have a sale for every day of the week on my Profile.
10 years ago
I would love to be in on it but most of it is not overseas friendly. Sad
251 - 275 by 593
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
Jump to