What is your Favorite Painting(s) What Picture moved you the most
sometimes it may not be a beauty but that in the eye of the beholder

Mine are

11 years ago
Is anyone interested in Paintings?
11 years ago
I like DonVanVliet's paintings Smile

11 years ago
Great thread! There are two artists whose work always appeals to me - Gustav Klimt and John Everett Millais. Here a couple I really love:

11 years ago
Alphonse Mucha:
11 years ago
DonVanVliet:
I like DonVanVliet's paintings Smile

I really like these too. I've been looking at them and the more I look the more I feel the primal power in them. The last one is my favourite.
11 years ago
The Second is my favorite
11 years ago
I'm interested in paintings! Sculpture too! Art is wonderful! Thank you for opening this thread Lola!
11 years ago
This has been one of my favorite paintings since I was a child.

MARQUISE DE POMPADOUR by Francois Boucher - 1759

10 years ago
This one seems to stick in my mind from time to time. I don't know why... but I keep coming back to it.

10 years ago
I adore Salvador Dali. I've been to his museum and also to many others to see his works. His "Last Supper" is incredible.

John William Waterhouse is another favorite.

I also find the Dutch Masters attention to detail intriguing.
10 years ago
10 years ago
I like the late William Turner
10 years ago
Dali's always makes me feel, the 2nd is too uncomfortable for me to own but I cant forget..

Things can look very different when looked at from a different angle.
Swans turning into elephants..

Time is always slipping away..

Monet's bright pictures.. I have the first one in my front room, and the second in my bedroom

Many of o'Keeffe's macro floral pics like..

And I have always been drawn to Van Gogh's night sky paintings
10 years ago

It's raining men! Hallelujah! Kidding... Not my favorite painting or even my favorite artist, but I have been enjoying Magritte's strangeness recently.

10 years ago
I am not a religious person but this painting is so intense....I can literally feel his internal fight not to get tempted.

Painting "The temptation of Saint Anthony" by Domenico Morelli
10 years ago
The Morelli made me think of "Ulysses and the Sirens" by Herbert James Draper, PontNeuf.

10 years ago

I find Kohler's Pig so charming. I want to live inside this painting and watch a pig diving.
Last edited by Dulcemio on 05.03.2014, 02:53; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago

Hercules and Omphale
by Francois Boucher

I first saw this painting in book of paintings from the Pushkin Museum, given to me by the first love of my life, and Oh, did it speak to me!
10 years ago
Madkat's post reminds me of a Tom Robbins quote:

"Salvador Dali and fifty cents will get you a cup of clock melt."
10 years ago
Sorceress:
I also find the Dutch Masters attention to detail intriguing.

This is not by Vermeer. Wink
10 years ago
@ Dulcemio
Boucher is sooooo refreshingly carnal Smile He lived in a time without over-sexualized media and society and still he had a more refined and distinguished sense for human desire than most artists have today, I dare say Smile

@ Deelite
But definitely in his style (which, by no means, is a bad thing at all) Smile I like the serene feeling these genre paintings transport. The light rules everything...and the thoughtful expression on the model´s face. Superb nonetheless Smile

@ Cryptic
Fine painting, very intriguing indeed ! I love the topic. Resisting a temptation is often a difficult task and us weak humans need to pull all of our strength not to succumb.
10 years ago
Some strange works by Léon Spilliaert:

10 years ago
Oh my, so much melancholy, desolation and solitude in Leon's work.
10 years ago

Anselm Kiefer

Joan Miro

Not a painting, but my favourite contemporary sculptor - Anish Kapoor

HR Giger

Vincent Van Gogh
1 - 25 by 35
Notify about new comments
Jump to