Search Forum

EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

26 - 50 by 593
12 years ago
Trax:
I don't know how to post on Parfumo yet, so who knows where this will end up ;D
I just wanted to say that I have stopped using Fragrantica too exept for pm'ing old Fragrantica friends that are not here. I found the F-site too chaotic in the end.
But I have to say that for me who do not like any of the classics like Chanel no5, L'Heure Bleue or in fact anything from Guerlain, Dior or Chanel and also am not interested in fragrance history/background, I basically just wear scents without getting either poetic or philosophical about it, I find I rarely feel like joining the conversations here seeing as I will probably be put in the "lacking sophistication" group quite fast. I found it easier to blend in on Fragrantica.
I find it great that perfume sparks creativity in others, but I hope this site will also be a place for non-sophisticated people like myself who do happen to own a Victorias Secrets spray by the way ;D

Not to worry, Trax: many of us own Victoria's Secret products!

"Velvet Amber Blackberry", "Dream Angels Wish"...

Welcome to Parfumo!

Very Happy
12 years ago 1
Sherapop:
Trax:
I just wanted to say that I have stopped using Fragrantica too exept for pm'ing old Fragrantica friends that are not here. I found the F-site too chaotic in the end.
But I have to say that for me who do not like any of the classics like Chanel no5, L'Heure Bleue or in fact anything from Guerlain, Dior or Chanel and also am not interested in fragrance history/background, I basically just wear scents without getting either poetic or philosophical about it, I find I rarely feel like joining the conversations here seeing as I will probably be put in the "lacking sophistication" group quite fast. I found it easier to blend in on Fragrantica.
I find it great that perfume sparks creativity in others, but I hope this site will also be a place for non-sophisticated people like myself who do happen to own a Victorias Secrets spray by the way ;D

Welcome to Parfumo!

Very Happy

Thank you Sherapop! There are so many eloquent users here, yourself included that I start worrying about spelling when I want to post here ha ha Smile That being said I have never seen you or anyone else here being anything other than kind and inclusive Smile
12 years ago
Trax:
Sherapop:
Trax:

Welcome to Parfumo!

Very Happy

Thank you Sherapop! There are so many eloquent users here, yourself included that I start worrying about spelling when I want to post here ha ha Smile That being said I have never seen you or anyone else here being anything other than kind and inclusive Smile

We are a civilized bunch--that's the beauty of Parfumo! Wink
12 years ago
Great to see you, Trax! Hey, if being a Chanel/Guerlain gal is the standard, I don't meet it either! You know that I really like Britney Spears' Hidden Fantasy, so put me in the "lowbrow club." Laughing

Bisous!
PBF
11 years ago
Add me to the list of disenchanted Fragranticans. It really is like highschool, over there. I'm too old for this nonsense. Glad to be here! Very Happy
11 years ago 1
One more disgusted Fragrantica member is here! We are slowly migrating. LOL
11 years ago
We're going to need some party food and a keg of beer, soon. Cool
11 years ago 3
The balloon popping activities aside ( which put me off writing reviews long time ago), the Forum of Fragrantica seems to be infested with neurotic individuals who need a life-time supply of valium. All the drama is unbelievable! But what's even worse is how unprofessionally it is handled by the Admins there. Anyway, I am sick and tired of all the reporting, backstabbing, trolling, and meltdowns of raving lunatics there. So this is my story in a nutshell! LOL
11 years ago 1
Agreed. Actually the trolls and the neurotic drama queens wouldn't be a problem if the Admins handled them the right way. But they don't, so... Buh-bye, Fragrantica.
11 years ago
A warm welcome to all defectors Laughing
11 years ago
Olga1780:
The balloon popping activities aside ( which put me off writing reviews long time ago), the Forum of Fragrantica seems to be infested with neurotic individuals who need a life-time supply of valium. All the drama is unbelievable! But what's even worse is how unprofessionally it is handled by the Admins there. Anyway, I am sick and tired of all the reporting, backstabbing, trolling, and meltdowns of raving lunatics there. So this is my story in a nutshell! LOL

sounds vaguely familiar... Wink
11 years ago 2
I must say the reporting makes no sense: more often than not, the person causing all the trouble gets away with it and the person trying to get help because of a troublemaker gets in trouble. And that's logical, HOW??? Then there is the member topics section. Woe to a thread owner if they're away from their computer and a fight breaks out on their thread! The thread will be deleted and the thread owner banned from the member topics section. Oh yeah, like that makes perfect sense. Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
To PM someone over there about parfumo, just put spaces between the letters and say "(remove spaces)" to avoid spam detector.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
To PM someone over there about parfumo, just put spaces between the letters and say "(remove spaces)" to avoid spam detector.

Way to beat the system, Dulcemio! I have written "omufraP" before. Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Fragrantica. FRAGRANTICA. Will you look at that? I can type the name of a competing site without being censored. I wonder why they censor Parfumo and not Basenotes?
11 years ago
Because they know Parfumo has a large % of Fragrantica defectors... Cool I don't think it will prevent the brain drain from happening, over there, though.
11 years ago
Interesting, I hope I don't get slapped on the wrist for checking this site out.

Just wanted to say hello! So many people here that I recognize.
11 years ago
Slapped on the wrist at Fragrantica for being here??? I hadn't thought of that... that would suggest off the charts arrogance on their part!
11 years ago
While every actually being a member of Fragrantica, I could tell there was something in the air and never joined.

A warm welcome to you all.
11 years ago
I love ya Lilly, I do not have any intentions on bashing or slandering Fragrantica.

Here checking out the features, comparing... might as well claim my name while it is not taken.
11 years ago
I get your point, but that wasn't my intent, even though I'm aware of how it may have come off, lol.
I actually really like this format: messaging is way faster and easier here, I like the wardrobe design and I love that you can choose to either write a review or reply to an existing one.
11 years ago
WOW!! Look at all the ex Fragranticans teehee ... Happy to see so many people making the change. Parfumo.net is a great community filled with respectful, interested members, whether your preferences run to Victoria's Secret or Xerjoff. WELCOME Smile ...
11 years ago
Off topic but everytime I see the name "Xerjoff", I read "jerk off"... Hmmm. Freudian slip? Laughing
11 years ago
LiliumLibido:
Off topic but everytime I see the name "Xerjoff", I read "jerk off"... Hmmm. Freudian slip? Laughing

Teehee ... I have to confess to the same slip Cool
11 years ago
Everything about boring, repetitive topics and puerile goings-on is true. But I like the games as a stress release and because playing them helps familiarise me with the database (F's best feature IMHO)

I have never resorted to a Disney character btw Wink
26 - 50 by 593
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
Jump to