Search Forum

Food sensations!

Food sensations! 12 years ago
Autumn has come to Germany, and my favourite Italian restaurant has put the winter dishes back on the menue.

Today, I had tagliolini with truffles which is not the complete story. If you order this they come to your table with a tray. On the tray is one half of a solid Grana Padano cheese of about 35 inches in diameter cut lenghthways. There is a mould in the middle of the cheese. With a scraping tool, they would scrape a generous portion out of this mould for you. Then they come with a plate of hot tagliolini. They pour the pasta into the mould. Then they pour some truffle infused olive oil on top of it. Then they would mix the pasta with the melting cheese. From below the tray, they produce a bottle of Austrian Stroh rum (very intense!) with 80 % strength. They generously pour the rum over the pasta and flambé it. Then they transfer everything to your plate. With a truffle slicer, they shred thin slices of black truffles on top of it and finally, serve it to you!

Okay, I know this is a perfume site - so, if you want a kind of truffle scent, try Eau d'Italie's Sienne L'Hiver!

Anyone else with food sensations?
Re: Food sensations! 12 years ago
Apicius:
Autumn has come to Germany, and my favourite Italian restaurant has put the winter dishes back on the menue.

Today, I had tagliolini with truffles which is not the complete story. If you order this they come to your table with a tray. On the tray is one half of a solid Grana Padano cheese of about 35 inches in diameter cut lenghthways. There is a mould in the middle of the cheese. With a scraping tool, they would scrape a generous portion out of this mould for you. Then they come with a plate of hot tagliolini. They pour the pasta into the mould. Then they pour some truffle infused olive oil on top of it. Then they would mix the pasta with the melting cheese. From below the tray, they produce a bottle of Austrian Stroh rum (very intense!) with 80 % strength. They generously pour the rum over the pasta and flambé it. Then they transfer everything to your plate. With a truffle slicer, they shred thin slices of black truffles on top of it and finally, serve it to you!

How wonderful!
Very Happy
11 years ago
Wowza! Apicius, that pasta dish sounds like an event rather than a meal!
11 years ago
Apicious, I'm a strict vegan, I eat no animal products ever. No red meat, no poultry, no fish, no eggs, no dairy.
So that leaves... plants.
Most non vegans get instantly bored when I start yakking about this, so I'll spare you, lol, except to say that there is a pasta primavera dish that my man and I go nuts over.
It's organic wholewheat pasta tossed with a mix of sautéed asparagus tips, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower. Drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar, seasonned with fresh herbs and black pepper.
Tastebud nirvana.
11 years ago
LiliumLibido:
Apicious, I'm a strict vegan, I eat no animal products ever. No red meat, no poultry, no fish, no eggs, no dairy.
So that leaves... plants.
Most non vegans get instantly bored when I start yakking about this, so I'll spare you, lol, except to say that there is a pasta primavera dish that my man and I go nuts over.
It's organic wholewheat pasta tossed with a mix of sautéed asparagus tips, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower. Drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar, seasonned with fresh herbs and black pepper.
Tastebud nirvana.
Wholewheat pasta with vegetables is surely heathy and tasty. Personally, I have problems at vegan restaurants since I cannot eat uncooked soy products such as soy milk. So, no desserts!
11 years ago
Ah, you should look into almond based desserts, then!
11 years ago
LiliumLibido:
Ah, you should look into almond based desserts, then!
Nearly the same. I get hayfever from blooming birches, and of course I have the known cross allergies against raw carrots, several raw stone fruits and several raw nuts.
11 years ago
I didn't want to hijack the thread so I sent you a PM about allergies. Very Happy
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Food sensations!
Jump to