Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

76 - 100 by 1338
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Maybe one of you can explain the appeal of those Clean scents that mimic laundry smells. They always struck me as the blandest thing imaginable but maybe I'm missing something, like a popular laundry fetish.

I believe that it's all a part of the anti-perfume backlash in the aftermath of such over-the-top creations as "Poison", "Angel", "Amarige", etc...

The perfume police clearly have something to do with it...

Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
That makes sense, although it does seem sort of strange to reject fully-realized perfume in favor of glorified functional fragrances. But hey, to each her own.
11 years ago
I feel the same way about the so-called "fresh-out-of-the-shower" perfumes or "perfumes-that-smell-like-skin".
If that's what you want, why wear anything at all?? I don't get it.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Dolby:
Lola82:
Excuse if i'm sounding Dumb but what dose
Hung like a Horse mean?

If a man is hung like a horse, it means that he has a large penis.

Interesting... I always thought that this expression referred to testicle size.

Razz

Shall we settle on the complete "meat and two veg" package! Very Happy
11 years ago
Smellsogood:

I'll go with that. Very Happy
11 years ago
Arrgh! I'm so disappointed in myself right now! I made the ridiculous decision to buy an unfinished desk and stain it myself. What the F is wrong with me???!!! That s**t is a messy pain in the ass, best left to professionals. Crap!
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
Sherapop:
Dolby:
Lola82:
Excuse if i'm sounding Dumb but what dose
Hung like a Horse mean?

If a man is hung like a horse, it means that he has a large penis.

Interesting... I always thought that this expression referred to testicle size.

Razz

ShockedShockedShockedSmile
11 years ago
Grrrr! I had to cancel my opticians appointment last week due to a migraine and was supposed to go today. I only went and sqirted a load of shampoo in my left eye this morning and can't put my contact lenses in because it's all bloodshot (nice). Had to cancel again, and felt a complete donut explaining it over the phone. Better luck next week. Confused
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
Grrrr! I had to cancel my opticians appointment last week due to a migraine and was supposed to go today. I only went and sqirted a load of shampoo in my left eye this morning and can't put my contact lenses in because it's all bloodshot (nice). Had to cancel again, and felt a complete donut explaining it over the phone. Better luck next week. Confused

I had a similar problem with the dentist. I kept falling asleep before my appointment. So I said I would reschedule; it's been 2 years and I'm still putting it off.
11 years ago
Hayven:
Smellsogood:

I had a similar problem with the dentist. I kept falling asleep before my appointment. So I said I would reschedule; it's been 2 years and I'm still putting it off.

Ha ha ! Dentist/Hygenist is the week after for me! Say "Cheese" Very Happy
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Arrgh! I'm so disappointed in myself right now! I made the ridiculous decision to buy an unfinished desk and stain it myself. What the F is wrong with me???!!! That s**t is a messy pain in the ass, best left to professionals. Crap!

I guess you could always sand it down and start over again. Don't they sell tinted wax that you can use to get a nice finish? That strikes me as a lot easier and less messy to work with than a stain.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Dulcemio:

I guess you could always sand it down and start over again. Don't they sell tinted wax that you can use to get a nice finish? That strikes me as a lot easier and less messy to work with than a stain.

I've already put so much time into staining and sealing, I'll just live with it. My friend told me the imperfections give it character. Laughing
11 years ago
Years ago, I did quite a few pieces of furniture myself after purchasing them "unfinished". I enjoyed it immensely and came to find using a rag to stain and then varnish ( or urethane) was the best way to go.
11 years ago
Isn't the economy supposed to be terrible? Tell that to the hordes and throngs of people with overflowing shopping carts I saw in my travels today. I hope I don't sound disrespectful to anyone who might be feeling the pinch, but I'm not seeing any austerity from where I sit.
11 years ago
Cryptic, I saw those people in my travels too. I sure wish I wasn't feeling the pinch, my shopping cart could have used some paper products but I'll just have to wash dishes. My poor dishwasher hasn't been used in ages but its high time I use it to save money on disposables.
11 years ago
I encountered the same thing at the grocery store....buying up like there is no tomorrow. But the worst is still ahead....Black Friday and Christmas shopping! Laughing We never start blowing money just because it's a holiday season and a discount somewhere...to me it's just ridiculous. Well, of course, I should probably shut up because I make up for the lack of expenses by blowing money on perfumes all year around Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
I guess it's time to stop posting in the Individual topics on Fragrantica...everyone seems to be here .
Wink

I just made protein pancakes for breakfast....I found a new recipe in the new issue of Muscle and Fitness magazine. Just tried one....OMG, so delicious! I already ate, but will sure make them part of my diet a few times a week. My husband will be ecstatic when he wakes up, because I am usually on strike over the weekends in terms of cooking.
11 years ago
I think I made a mistake by entering the thread on F about fakes on Ebay and defending Ebay.....some nutjobs are already all worked up and going for my throat Laughing
And of course, those who bark the most furiously, have nothing but celebrity perfumes in their collection....oh, boy Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Cryptic, I saw those people in my travels too. I sure wish I wasn't feeling the pinch, my shopping cart could have used some paper products but I'll just have to wash dishes. My poor dishwasher hasn't been used in ages but its high time I use it to save money on disposables.

Are disposable plates and cups popular in the US then? We rarely use them in the UK, just picnics really and even then it's usually plastic stuff we wash anyway! Smile
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
Digindirt:

Are disposable plates and cups popular in the US then? We rarely use them in the UK, just picnics really and even then it's usually plastic stuff we wash anyway! Smile

Same here. Disposables are for picnincs only - a completely ridiculous expense. Plus, food just taste better when served on a real plate Wink
11 years ago
Although I still wash dishes by hand a lot out of habit ( no one had dishwashers in Ukraine before, and still most people don't), I also use plastic plates and silverware every day.....it saves me a lot of time, which is well worth it. I refuse to waste time on doing dishes all the time....considering how much I have to do everyday and the fact that I eat 6 times a day (not to mention my husband, just not worth the hassle.

I think that because most Americans' life style is so frantic, no one wants to waste their free time on these trivial chores.
11 years ago
EvaK:
Smellsogood:
Digindirt:

Same here. Disposables are for picnincs only - a completely ridiculous expense. Plus, food just taste better when served on a real plate Wink

We use lots of disposables eating on the go. My son can microwave in disposables and make his own breakfast or snack. We very seldom sit down to eat dinner at home. We use them daily
11 years ago
Fragrantica is like a bad soap opera. I should go back to check my pms, but I can't even be bothered.

I don't use disposables because cooking is about the only domestic task I do well, and I want my work to look as nice as possible, lol.
11 years ago
EvaK:
Disposables are for picnics only - a completely ridiculous expense. Plus, food just tastes better when served on a real plate Wink

So true. And perfume smells better spritzed from a beautiful bottle!
Cool
11 years ago
Ok, I guess I am the only crude one here....just ate out of a paper place my meal # 3 and tossed it the garbage. Tasted just as great as out of a fancy plate Laughing I still have a bunch of pots and pans to wash from all the cooking Evil or Very Mad
76 - 100 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to