Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

151 - 175 by 4531
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Cincy, in all my googling I couldn't find the answer to your question, but here is an article you might enjoy on the various L'Air du Temps bottles. Smile

http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2010/09/fr om-lalique-to-starck-all-lair-du.html

Thank you Cryptic, Bookmarking that baby. I love vintage L Air du Temps I have 3 bottles.

The name is Jacqueline Cochran. I also have another vintage with her name, can't remember which one. I will find some info on her and add it to this thread.
This is the bottle I have. Jacqueline Cochran what I have read about her, (if the same person) Rags to riches, raised poor, was a pilot, married a millionaire.

www.quirkyfinds.com/fragrances/perfumes-j-l/ni na-ricci-l-air-du-temps-eau-de-toilette-4/

Anyone have a question ready? Go for it.
11 years ago
Cincy:
Cryptic:
Cincy, in all my googling I couldn't find the answer to your question, but here is an article you might enjoy on the various L'Air du Temps bottles. Smile

http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2010/09/fr om-lalique-to-starck-all-lair-du.html

Thank you Cryptic, Bookmarking that baby. I love vintage L Air du Temps I have 3 bottles.

The name is Jacqueline Cochran. I also have another vintage with her name, can't remember which one. I will find some info on her and add it to this thread.
This is the bottle I have. Jacqueline Cochran what I have read about her, (if the same person) Rags to riches, raised poor, was a pilot, married a millionaire.

www.quirkyfinds.com/fragrances/perfumes-j-l/ni na-ricci-l-air-du-temps-eau-de-toilette-4/

Anyone have a question ready? Go for it.

That one was way beyond my meager knowledge! Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Let's see who keeps up with the perfume blogs. Twisted Evil

Which one of her creations was Sophia Grojsman wearing when she was chased down by a stranger who wanted to know the name of her perfume? (Poor Sophia initially thought she was about to be mugged)
11 years ago
Cryptic:

Which one of her creations was Sophia Grojsman wearing when she was chased down by a stranger who wanted to know the name of her perfume? (Poor Sophia initially thought she was about to be mugged)

I recall reading at Fragrantica about her recognizing "Eternity" on a passerby, but I do not know the answer to this question. Let me simply guess:

"Spellbound"

Cool
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Cryptic:

I recall reading at Fragrantica about her recognizing "Eternity" on a passerby, but I do not know the answer to this question. Let me simply guess:

"Spellbound"

Cool

LOL! http://boisdejasmin.com/2013/01/perfume-and-co mpliments-elle-article.html

Take a turn anyway, what the heck. Cool
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Sherapop:
Cryptic:

"Spellbound"

Cool

LOL! http://boisdejasmin.com/2013/01/perfume-and-co mpliments-elle-article.html

Take a turn anyway, what the heck. Cool

As a matter of fact, I happen to have my own little "Eternity" story. The stuff is a tattoo, let's face it! I cannot even wear it anymore. I'm pretty sure that it's fat soluble. lol

Anyway, some years ago, I was at the hardware store buying new switch plates for my apartment, and, yes, I was wearing the perfume, and a guy in line behind me came up and whispered "Eternity" in my ear!
Laughing
11 years ago
That's hot! Surprised
11 years ago
I do not have a question ready, but I'll just wing it and make one up:

Jane Birkin asked a perfumer to make a scent which smelled like a library. Who was the perfumer, and what is the perfume?

Cool
11 years ago
Miller Harris L'Air de Rien?
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Miller Harris L'Air de Rien?

That's it: you're up!
Cool
11 years ago
Yippee!

Which perfume is worn by Rosemary Woodhouse in Rosemary's Baby?
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Yippee!

Which perfume is worn by Rosemary Woodhouse in Rosemary's Baby?

I don't know the answer, but I am always thrilled to learn of films with perfume allusions! I'll add this one to my "to review" list!

In the meantime, I'll try to Google the answer lol
Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Rosemary Oil Confused: Just kidding.

This Confused: Revillon’s Detchema.
11 years ago
Bingo! Your turn!
11 years ago
In the Luis Bunuel's Film (Belle de Jour) What perfume Flacon Did Séverine Serizy Accidentally Smashed in her Bedroom?
11 years ago
Mitsouko.

It's still your turn, Cincy. Wink
11 years ago
I have company, soon as I get rid of them Laughing I will post a question. Lola, has a good one now. Quote by Lola 82

In the Luis Bunuel's Film (Belle de Jour) What perfume Flacon Did Séverine Serizy Accidentally Smashed in her Bedroom?
11 years ago
Cincy:
I have company, soon as I get rid of them Laughing I will post a question. Lola, has a good one now. Quote by Lola 82

I am so happy to see another film reference! I even know this film but do not recall the answer...

Let me simply guess: something by Guerlain. How about "L'Heure Bleue"?

Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Big Embarassed guess here Arrow Lalique large blue perfume bottle with the original dans la nuit perfume. If so I am crying for the loss.

Crying or Very sad
11 years ago
ding ding ding! Cryptic! you got the right Answer it's
Mitsouko
11 years ago
We are both winners Cryptic. Clapping hands here with a standing ovation. tee hee. I have one ready so I will go first.

Question is...

Name the first 3 perfumes that shown women wearing pants in there advertisment.
Last edited by Cincy on 08.01.2013, 02:52; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Okay, wait: I am now confused. What were the answers? And what were the questions?
Confused: Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Okay, wait: I am now confused. What were the answers? And what were the questions?

Sorry. As much as I love pandemonium, it does get confusing when questions are asked out of turn.

Detchema was the answer to the Rosemary's Baby question and Mitsouko was the answer to the Belle de Jour question.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Sherapop:

Sorry. As much as I love pandemonium, it does get confusing when questions are asked out of turn.

Detchema was the answer to the Rosemary's Baby question and Mitsouko was the answer to the Belle de Jour question.

Thank you for the clarification! Now I'm ready for a new question. Who's up?
Cool
11 years ago
Cincy:
We are both winners Cryptic. Clapping hands here with a standing ovation. tee hee. I have one ready so I will go first.

Question is...

Name the first three perfumes that shown women wearing pants in the advertisments.
151 - 175 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to