Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

201 - 225 by 1338
11 years ago
Hayven:
FloraMilena:
My New Year's Eve was spent with a bipolar, schizophrenic, delirious terminal cancer patient shrieking at the crucifix in his room and insisting that demons were devouring his arms. Shocked

Just another day in the hospital.

Hayven take a proton pump inhibitor. It works for me.

I have been taking omeprazole OTC and it works well. But around the 12 hour mark it starts to wear off. What kind of nursing do you do, FloraMilena? I was with oncology/hospice patients for 2 years but recently switched to admitting.

I like lanzoprazole better than omeprazole. It comes in a time release 24 hour formula. My doctor and I talked about it and I take 30mgQ24h. It seems to hold efficacy for me better than omeprazole. I'm in oncology/hospice now. Sometimes they float me to mental health upstairs. My gawd that's a horror show. I hate getting pulled. But I guess somebody has to do it. Yay for switching to admitting! Very Happy
11 years ago
I had to post this at DOLBYWORLD. A company called "GOREY DETAILS" sells a perfume oil named "Enchanted Castle."

goreydetails.net/shop/index.php?main_page=prod uct_info&cPath=196_224&products_id=2516

11 years ago
Thank you Cryptic and FloraMilena x I am back in the room!
Snow in the driveway 11 years ago
The tales of some of you shovelling snow have inspired me to advise the NSW (Australia) Weather Bureau has today incorporated two new colours into their weather maps (purple and pink) to indicate hotter temperatures (up to 54 degrees). Today was the hottest day in New South Wales on record (ie in 90 years) and the hottest day in South Tasmania in 120 years. Alice Springs has had 6 days in a row over 42 degrees (42 degrees Centregrade is 107.6 degrees Farenheight), and 6 more days over 40 are expected. 45 degrees at Uluru (Ayers Rock) - that's 113 degrees F. 3/4 of New South Wales faces catastrophic fire threat. And of course the wind is fierce and relentless. No, I don't have air conditioning. Not a day to want to wear Beyonce's Heat, or at least think about it. So some snow in the driveway is a deliciously shivery but far away dream. For those who are pining the tyrannical forbidding of kitty pic.s, here is a pic of a fireman holding water for a koala bear ..Sorry can't load this would someone tell me how to load a photo, thanks
11 years ago
Rubyred,

I am jealous of your summertime. Even our relatively mild winters here make me pine for summertime (It is North America, after all, and I'm not in Florida). I would much rather sweat than shiver. Cold weather makes me cranky. Mad

I hope you are enjoying your summer!
11 years ago
Rubyred, it's mid-January and we've had two measly coatings of less than an inch of snow. For the past couple days we've had this weird fog that's like something out of a horror movie. I'm so sorry for you in that extreme heat, though. Sad
11 years ago
Oops, I think I must've only read the beginning and end of your post, Rubyred, I missed the part about record and catastrophic heat. I've been in those temps before, it's oppressive and miserable, even without those awful winds. I hope it ends soon.

Interestingly, we've had record cold temps in these parts.
11 years ago
Weatherman says snow tonight. Those poor little crocuses that are just breaking ground will not survive. I feel sorry for them, poor little things confused by the warm weather. I hope the tulips don't try to break ground.
Give me snow Give me crocuses 11 years ago
Snow (sigh) Crocuses (sigh) Mohair jumpers, woolly scarves, log fires, hot chocolate and heavy perfumes Well no, you can keep the orientals.

I truly do feel like we're on the other end of the world. Where are you from Cryptic and Dig in Dirt. yes, I know its the Northern Hemisphere. Poor innocent crocuses, but their life force is safe under the ground. 40,000 sheep dead in just one fire. 45.8 degrees in Sydney today. Hottest day on record. Crazy days.

I spoke to my girlfriend in Western Australia last week it was 49 degrees there. She is from Finland. She came out here for the brave warm world. Poor Pia.

I am making the most of what our climate offers by going on a mainly fruit diet, got a blender, lots of smoothies with banana, passionfruit, kiwi fruit, blueberries, the mangoes are sweet and juicy, there's so much fresh fruit around New years resolution of daily carrot and beetroot and apple juices, I'm drinking so much beetroot and carrot its a wonder the sweat rolling off me isn't pink.

quote for the day "YOU TAKE THE WEATHER WITH YOU" - YOU can make it a smiley day, a grumpy day, a thunderstormy day, a lifting of the fog and blowing away the cobwebs day, a cold lunch, a hot night, a dismal day, a pure and crisp morning, a sweltering evening, a windswept night. The weather only dictates the clothes you wear, not your emotional state.

I hope everyone enjoys their day. I am dreaming of pulling that cashmere rug up on me though.

Dulcemio My grandmother's name was Dulcie. I guess you know it means honeyed voice or sweet, mellifluous notes. What did you mean when you said your new year's resolution was Drop more in 401(k)?
Last edited by Rubyred on 18.01.2013, 10:13; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
We have an amber warning in place for snow today. It looks like fine white dust whirling around out there!
snow motes 11 years ago
Smells so good I must guess an 'amber' warningis a go slow or be cautious warning, like an amber traffic light and it denotes a light snow condition (like fine white swirling snow?)
Oh to walk out naked in that and cool down my hot skin - it's 37degrees as I write and 9.30pm
Dreaming of snow in the Dreamtime.....
11 years ago
Rubyred, I'm located about halfway between New York and Washington, D.C. Those temps are unbelievable. I can't even imagine what that must feel like. Last year, we had a summer day with a real feel (temp with relative humidity factored in) of 120 Fahrenheit, but the actual temperature was only 106, I think. Stay safe and well.

A 401(k) is a type of retirement savings plan. "401(k)" refers to the section of our Federal tax code that outlines the plan.
11 years ago
Amber is be prepared for disruption, all our schools closed before lunch today. Many people are moaning about that, but it doesn't happen often and the kids are all out in the fresh air, getting exercise and storing up some wonderful memories. So I say boo to the Grumplestiltskins!
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Rubyred, it's mid-January and we've had two measly coatings of less than an inch of snow. For the past couple days we've had this weird fog that's like something out of a horror movie. I'm so sorry for you in that extreme heat, though. Sad

We had some freezing fog for a few days which actually caused a helicopter crash near the Thames in London, due to an unseen crane on a construction site.
11 years ago
A 401(k) is a type of retirement savings plan. "401(k)" refers to the section of our Federal tax code that outlines the plan.

Thanks for that. I thought Dulcemio meant she was trying to lose (a very lot of) weight, and that it still came out as a typo.

Yeah Smells so good I saw the fire of the helicopter crash on World News spectacular fire its a wonder there was so little casualty still I suppose a helipcopter doesn't take up much space on the planet.
11 years ago

Ladies rejoice!
Gone are the days of inadequacy and inequality.
Now we can write … Just like men.
Thank you Bic!

Read the reviews!
(H&S note to Cryptic: Not whilst eating corn chips please)

www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16- Blk/dp/B004F9QBE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=13586 03951&sr=8-1&keywords=bic+for+her
11 years ago
OMG... finally. I am doing the happy dance.
11 years ago
The Bic Ladypen!! I love it almost as much as my cute pink tools.

When are they coming out with a pink forklift and a peach cement mixer? Confused:
11 years ago
The forklift is kind of ridiculous, but I have to respect the Breast Cancer Awareness cement mixer.

11 years ago
Made by Bic ballpoint pens (not sure if the artist used the femininny ones):

mentalfloss.com/article/32124/thats-not-photog raph
11 years ago

Wow Hayven, there must be a lot of ball pen colours that I have never seen in the shops ... How else is the skin tone achieved?
11 years ago
According to the FAQ: "I don't mix them nor blend them. Ballpoint pen ink dries instantly and can not be erased. I just cross hatch the different colors in layers to create the illusion of blending and the illusion of colors I don't actually have".

And the colors he/she used were "yellow, orange, magenta, light green, light blue, blue, pink, purple, black, and blue".

I still think there were some other pens involved, but hey...it's pretty amazing what you can do with any tool: pen, pencil, or crayon.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
The Bic Ladypen!! I love it almost as much as my cute pink tools.

When are they coming out with a pink forklift and a peach cement mixer? Confused:

For some reason this shade of pink makes me cranky. My friend's four-year-old loves that color and her taste in everything is very, very questionable. She does adore the black doggie handbag I gave her (a handbag shaped like a dog) so she's not a total zero when it comes to fashion. And she's four, so there's room for improvement. Very Happy
Last edited by Dulcemio on 24.01.2013, 02:33; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Please excuse my total non-sequitur. I'm tired and I still have work to finish tonight. Please feel sorry for me.
11 years ago
Some guys came to cheer you up and they brought CAKE!

201 - 225 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to