Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

551 - 575 by 4531
11 years ago
Sherapop:
And where does the popcorn note fit into this scheme??????

Shocked

Maybe Siwa ought to be one of the sample vials for the mystery scent game. From the hideous description of its notes Apicius would have to add a 'gag' emoticon.

I'm interested in the mystery scent game. Do you want to post sign up details now before the next question or should we just wait until you post the actual thread?
11 years ago
I'm interested, too, but Saturday is a bad day for me, so I might have to sit it out. Crying or Very sad
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
Sherapop:
Wait. You said that the perfume was an oasis in a desert of uninteresting. That suggested to me that it was the best perfume of a house all of whose other wares are boring!

Twisted Evil

This is what I posted, Sherapopl Go back and read it again.

1. This fragrances is an oasis in a desert of interesting.

Otherwise put, the fragrance is Siwi (an oasis) in a desert of interesting (meaning Siwi is not interesting).

Flaconneur, I think that YOUR name should be Cryptic!!!!

Laughing
11 years ago
Regarding the Mystery Scent Vial Trial game:

I don't really want to hijack this thread--I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Cool
11 years ago
Since it had been so long since anyone responded to the quiz question I, as quiz emcee, took the prerogative to reframe the question so it's not so long and convoluted. That was my fault! So sorry! Here it is:

Name the house and the fragrance:

Given where William Shakespeare lived he might have worked for this fragrance house and created this perfume for a particular Danish girl.
11 years ago
No, you did fine Greysolon. I usually have company on Saturdays.
Besides you know I need 10 or more clues. Embarassed
11 years ago
Cincy:

Cincy, my original question was so rangy and out of control that EVERYONE would have needed 40 clues because puzzle was in 4 parts and was stupidly confusing EmbarassedRolling Eyes

Once again, name the house and the fragrance:

Given where William Shakespeare lived he might have worked for this fragrance house and created this perfume for a particular Danish girl.
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Cincy:

Cincy, my original question was so rangy and out of control that EVERYONE would have needed 40 clues because puzzle was in 4 parts and was stupidly confusing EmbarassedRolling Eyes

Are we allowed partial guesses? Is the house Floris?
Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Greysolon:
Cincy:

Are we allowed partial guesses? Is the house Floris?
Rolling Eyes

Only if your partial guess is right! Wink Sorry Sherapop... House and fragrance...
11 years ago
The Cotswold Perfumery would be my guess for the house. I see a couple Shakesperean references: Oberon, Cymbelline... but the Danish part of the clue is where I draw a blank.
11 years ago
Oh wait...is it Heeley's Ophelia?
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Oh wait...is it Heeley's Ophelia?

Getting warmer...
Ophelia is correct but now the house

How to give you a hint about the house? hmm...

This house may not be known for quality but it is known for quantity!
11 years ago
Avon!! That was clever.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Avon!! That was clever.

Congratulations, Cryptic! Ophelia by Avon. Good thing Ophelia didn't appear in some other obscure perfumery that would have fit the proper geographical region. That would have been embarrassing Embarassed

You're up! Hopefully a few more people will get on board for the next round...
11 years ago
GS, I think a lot of people are MIA on Saturdays because they are busy running errands. That's my excuse anyway -- sorry. As always, your question was very creative, so I hope my easy-peasy one won't be too much of a letdown.

Name the perfume that was inspired by a Madame Butterfly aria.
11 years ago
Hanae Mori. First butterfly that comes to mind.
Last edited by Digindirt on 27.01.2013, 03:51; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cryptic:
GS, I think a lot of people are MIA on Saturdays because they are busy running errands. That's my excuse anyway -- sorry. As always, your question was very creative, so I hope my easy-peasy one won't be too much of a letdown.

I had a rare Saturday off and I'm glad I did because my original puzzle was so ridiculous. I was glad to have the chance to change it before anyone started taking a crack at it..

You might have noticed that was like my 4th edit to this short message... Yeah, I'm OCD Wink
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Hanae Mori. First butterfly that comes to mind.

No, sorry. "Butterfly" is not part of the perfume's name.
11 years ago
Clue: The perfume in question was released in 2011. Idea
11 years ago
Cryptic:

I hope interest in the game is not dwindling. I guess everybody is watching Downton Abbey! I feel a little funny answering again. I hope others don't feel I'm being greedy...

Honour Woman by Amouage
Con onor muore ("To die with honor")

Damn, Pinkerton! Boooooo! Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
No no ...Greysolon don't feel that way about answering, do keep the game going. I have been busy today taking pictures, Embarassed had company yesterday.

I pop in here to read what is going on. This is my favorite thread.

BTW this thread is 23 pages now! Cool
11 years ago
Cincy:
No no ...Greysolon don't feel that way about answering, do keep the game going. I have been busy today taking pictures, Embarassed had company yesterday.

I pop in here to read what is going on. This is my favorite thread.

BTW this thread is 23 pages now! Cool

Let's keep it going then!

BTW, is my answer correct?

If so, it might be that I had a bit of an advantage since I make my living as a musician...
11 years ago
Sorry everyone! I had to catch Downton Abbey (Lady Sybil died...wahh!).

Congrats, GS...Honour is correct. Very Happy
11 years ago
Embarassed Oops sorry, Cryptic and Cincy! I got the two of you mixed up when Cincy responded! Embarassed

Cincy, like I said, glad to hear you want to keep the game going!
11 years ago
My wife was miffed that I kept fiddling with my iPad during Downton Abbey. They should have listened to Dr. Clarkson...
551 - 575 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to