Search Forum

Fragrance Directory here at parfumo is the key to success

Fragrance Directory here at parfumo is the key to success 12 years ago
parfumo has the opportunity to be the measuring stick a few years down the road. It's contingent upon the volume-quality of the fragrance directory as a "draw" to new members.

With the Euro-Amero community here at parfumo being the first I know to undertake this, the potential is evident. The site is modern and its ease of use is a definite asset. The key is in the directory.

We know this to be true from other sites. One has an up to date directory, but the aesthetics and review quality are all over the map and a bit sketchy. The other is plodding and a bit out of touch, yet both have heavy memberships due to people gravitating to their site because of their directory. WE can be better than both of them.

parfumo can, by all accounts, be "The place" in a few years. The fragrance reviews will bring them in. That will start to swell the mostly dormant forums, but what excites me is the current members throwing up some terrific reviews and descriptions.

Keep it up. I'm coming HERE now to find a review on a fragrance before I try somewhere else.
12 years ago
I agree, AromiErotici. There are elements here at Parfumo that do not exist on other sites. The primary one being the quality of conversations and posts. I feel that this is a bit more of an adult atmosphere but still fun, not stuffy.

The fragrance directory is great with many more ways to contribute information about fragrance without necessarily writing a review to express your opinions.

Last but not least, the people behind the scenes here at Parfumo are helpful, not condescending and gracious.

I wish Parfumo much success with its international edition. I'm glad to be here.
12 years ago
MNQ:
I completely agree - and love the fact that perfumes missing from the database usually appear within a few days (compare that to over a year on another site)

At the point that I joined Parfumo, I had a list of 44 fragrances that I either sampled or owned, that were not on another forum's fragrance directory. Parfumo's directory was nearly complete and it was only missing 9 of those 44.

Thanks again to the people behind Parfumo for creating such a complete experience.
12 years ago
I agree, Aromi, this site has already solved some of the more glaring problems at the other ones. I wish that we could figure out a way to let more people know!

I am frankly baffled by the spam message substition essentially precluding the possibility of letting fragranticans know about this wonderful site. It is especially puzzling given that the excellent review set up here is probably not going to appeal so much to the shout-out one-liner "I love Britney!"-type reviewers.
Cool
12 years ago
Sherapop:
I wish that we could figure out a way to let more people know!
3 weeks after the release, Parfumo.net already has a community of very active users. That is much more than we could have hoped for. Thank you all for joining and contributing!

I like the quality of the reviews and the posts, this is exactly what I wished Parfumo.net would be! I think, it is now time to simply enjoy Parfumo. Let's post reviews, have good discussions in the forum, and let us allow some time to find our pace. Let's simply make Parfumo.net a place where it is fun to drop by every day for some new interestant posts and reviews!

Parfumo is not finished yet, Don has some excellent ideas for further developments, but all cannot be provided soon.

I think, Parfumo.net will grow, but we are not in a hurry. It will take some time. The key will be the listings in the Google search. The vast majority of the visitors at Parfumo.de comes via Google. They are looking for a specific perfume and find Parfumo, and that's it. There is something like a break-even point with the Google listings. You need a lot of activity on the site to get good listings, but only good listings will provide you lots of activity!

I see that many of the more active English speaking perfume enthusiasts have created their own blogs by now. These are actually the people that I first want to know about Parfumo. As Aromi has already said - it is a win-win situation. Parfumo might be able to provide more visitors to their blogs, and vice versa. After all, perfume talk is good anywhere on the net.

Getting Parfumo linked on other sites is - as far as I know - extremely helpful for the listings in the Google search. However, I will probably not directly contact bloggers as a Parfumo mod and ask them to link with us, at least not without contributing something to their blogs. I think this would simply be a bit heavy-handed.

But I want to ask you to spread the news about Parfumo. I know, most of you are not perfume beginners, you all have your friends and relations. We do not have to talk anybody into joining here, it will simply be enough if the news about an alternative perfume community is slowly spread.
12 years ago
Good things come to those who wait. As Apicius has said, let's enjoy Parfumo right now. Any future improvements will only enhance our experience.
12 years ago
It's actually hard believe that it's been only three weeks since this wonderful site was launched!

Thank you Apicius & Don!

Laughing
Impressive numbers 11 years ago
Numbers don't lie.
Meanwhile the databank has been enhanced.

As of this date - 28267 Perfumes by 2581 Brands

There should be a celebration at the milestone of 30000 Perfumes.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Fragrance Directory here at parfumo is the key to success
Jump to