Search Forum

What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes

26 - 50 by 143
11 years ago
I reckon there are few smells worse in the world than dead fox that's been rotting for a few days in the sun.
11 years ago
Rubyred:
I reckon there are few smells worse in the world than dead fox that's been rotting for a few days in the sun.

Unless it's the smell of a dog that has gleefully rolled around on the corpse. Yes, they will do that. Mad
11 years ago
Rotten eggs
Fish emulsion liquid
Dead mice/rats = worst of all
Turtle tanks
Chitterlings
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Rotten eggs
Fish emulsion liquid
Dead mice/rats = worst of all
Turtle tanks
Chitterlings

Yes, to that one. I hold my breath when mixing up a batch for my ferns. Thank goodness I don't use it often.
11 years ago
I'm going with pig poop as being particularly nasty (they eat just about anything, so you can imagine how nasty thier poop is!)
11 years ago
Stink bugs.

11 years ago

Ginkgo fruit. We used to call it "vomit balls" when we were kids. It's a shame, because the tree is so beautiful with the fan-shaped leaves.
11 years ago
Just plant males trees, the fall foliage is stunning.
11 years ago
How do you know which is which though? They certainly are beautiful in the fall. The only thing I like better is a deep red maple.

D, I've never had a dog pull that one, thankfully. Getting skunked is bad enough.
11 years ago
These are repeats of some other members but mine are:

Stale sweat & other stale body odors
Dirty Hair
My chihuahua when he decides to roll in cat sh*t
Pus from an infection
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Cryptic:
How do you know which is which though? They certainly are beautiful in the fall. The only thing I like better is a deep red maple.

D, I've never had a dog pull that one, thankfully. Getting skunked is bad enough.

Thank goodness, no skunk yet--do you know what the remedy is by the way? I've heard that you should douse your dog in tomato juice, rub in, and then bath as usual. Sounds odd to me....maybe an old wive's tale, or something invented by makers of tomato juice.

Had an emergency so I've been away for several days....hope this is not too late.

Skunk stink is alkaline, so the acid in the tomato juice tends to neutralize it and get rid of it. It works.

My vet, many years ago, recommended a vinegar and water disposable douche for the same purpose. Haven't had a pet skunked since, so I have no idea how it works, but it should be okay.
11 years ago
Na Plam (fish sauce).
sort of off topic 11 years ago
A young, beautiful, very professional and talented woman I work with often has awful BO. She interacts with clients, so I've been hoping one of her superiors would address it, but so far, no such luck.

I am much older than her, so theoretically I could get away with giving her advice in a motherly or big sisterly way, but that could go horribly wrong, even if done with tact and sensitivity. I only interact with her in passing, so her stench is not really my problem, I mainly just feel bad for her. My conscience is begging me to speak up. But the potential fallout to our working relationship prevents me.

What would you do in my place?
Last edited by Dulcemio on 14.04.2013, 21:17; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Natto beans (Japanese fermented soybeans) - smells like dirty feet

Vegemite, Marmite, anything in the mite family. - why do they exist? Laughing
11 years ago
I've never come across a Gingko fruit tree that i know of. Are they common in the Northeast?
Re: sort of off topic 11 years ago
Dulcemio:
A young, beautiful, very professional and talented woman I work with often has awful BO. She interacts with clients, so I've been hoping one of her superiors would address it, but so far, no such luck.

I am much older than her, so theoretically I could get away with giving her advice in a motherly or big sisterly way, but that could go horribly wrong, even if done with tact and sensitivity. I only interact with her in passing, so her stench is not really my problem, I mainly just feel bad for her. My conscience is begging me to speak up. But the potential fallout to our working relationship prevents me.

Does she know you are a fragrance addict? Give her a gift basket with scented soap, shampoo, a scented candle, nail polish, lotion, and a mini fragrance or two.

Someone once told me that if I'm ever offered a stick of gum to accept because chances are, I need it but maybe I didn't realize it.
Re: sort of off topic 11 years ago
Dulcemio:

I'd pass the buck to HR, the office manager or whoever deals with personnel issues in your workplace. I agree with you about potential fallout. My inclination would be to let someone else handle it.
my stinky coworker 11 years ago
Dlane and Cryptic,
I agree, this is HR terrain, as much as I'd like to help her, it's not my place. Btw, today she smelled pleasant, albeit of a strong perfume that I don't like, but beggars can't be choosers. Laughing

Digindirt,
I would love to shower her with scented gifts, but we're not buddies like that. I like the way you think, though. Smile
DURIAN FRUIT 11 years ago
The edible flesh emits a distinctive odor that is strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as pleasantly fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and revolting. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine, raw sewage. The persistence of its odor has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia.

Na Plam 11 years ago
Cryptic:
Na Plam (fish sauce).

Yeah....ugh the smell. But it makes things taste so darned good!
26 - 50 by 143
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes
Jump to