Search Forum

EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

126 - 150 by 593
11 years ago
Sherapop:
One thing which might be nice would be to receive notifications when a review which we have commented on is commented on. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I should respond to comments on my reviews because I don't expect people to go back to them. But if we had notifications, then it would make more sense...

Idea

I just put Sherapop's request into the suggestion box.

Please remember: any ideas for new features that are coming up in our dicussions will very likely stay unnoticed by Showdown and Don if we do not drop a few lines in the suggestion box!
11 years ago
Cryptic:
No comment.

http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php ?id=55961

Those two fit together perfectly LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Dolby:

The end is near.... ponies will destroy the earth. ConfusedMadTwisted Evil
11 years ago
Apicius:
Sherapop:
One thing which might be nice would be to receive notifications when a review which we have commented on is commented on. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I should respond to comments on my reviews because I don't expect people to go back to them. But if we had notifications, then it would make more sense...

Idea

I just put Sherapop's request into the suggestion box.

Please remember: any ideas for new features that are coming up in our dicussions will very likely stay unnoticed by Showdown and Don if we do not drop a few lines in the suggestion box!

Thank you, Apicius!
Smile
11 years ago
Wouldn't want anyone to miss this jewel:

www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=560 10
11 years ago
Cryptic:

CLASSIC!!!
Shocked
Some things do change, the rest remains the same 11 years ago
There are a few old timers who graciously put in some class into the "Romper Room" crowd, such as a very nice Geisha culture topic. This is a visual delight. It sort of gets lost in the mass of mediocre contributions.

There is also a topic, "Spray it Forward" which has its followers.

Each Forum has its particular climate - that cannot be helped - and an occasional visit to Fragrantica entertains me, just to see how things are going.
11 years ago
I agree, Pipette...RosaMilena is the class of Fragrantica. I'll stop mocking them now. I may have gotten carried away, but the fact that they were banning people for even mentioning Parfumo ticked me off. Evil or Very Mad
Spam block away 11 years ago
That #STOP SPAM# filter is still there and operating ... but word of mouth is working and nobody can control where one actually goes from the convenience of your keyboard.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I agree, Pipette...RosaMilena is the class of Fragrantica. I'll stop mocking them now. I may have gotten carried away, but the fact that they were banning people for even mentioning Parfumo ticked me off. Evil or Very Mad
Are they really banning people for mentioning Parfumo? Blocking their user accounts? No, this does not make any sense. I suppose, with 'banning' you mean that 'STOP SPAM' which they overwrite on the mentioning of Parfumo, don't you?
11 years ago
Pipette can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe people who mentioned Parfumo on the board were given two week "vacations." Confused:
11 years ago
Cryptic:

Hilarious - and disturbing given the assumption that most members would know these characters Exclamation

The what perfume would Barbie wear thread appears to have gained more traction Wink

Are people taking the #@%* or what Confused:
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Pipette can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe people who mentioned Parfumo on the board were given two week "vacations." Confused:

Really???
Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Franfan20:
Cryptic:
No comment.

http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php ?id=55961

Those two fit together perfectly LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Dolby:

The end is near.... ponies will destroy the earth. ConfusedMadTwisted Evil

The fun never stops here--I know where to come when I need a good laugh!
Razz
11 years ago
Cryptic:

I don't know. All I know is that the mention of the name parfumo generates the #STOP SPAM# filter which then shows in the text. Sometimes in a forum discussion, sometimes inside a private message.

What happens to the member, I don't know. Do they get a warning via private message ? I don't know and I don't want to spread gossip and rumors.

Suffice to say, that it looks embarrassing inside a forum discussion text when the name is spam-blocked out.

Well, turn this a bit around - supposing we started talking here that we like it, ever so much, over at Fragrantica or Perfume of Life or Basenotes ... and how would that sound ? A little bit like a betrayal and awkward, to say the least.

But, I still feel looked over the shoulder when discussing controversial things at Fragrantica, and sometimes we had a warning that the thread will be deleted soon, sometimes it was just pulled.

It is important to nip evil discussions straight in the bud. Let everybody know what the matter is.
The Forums' Policies 11 years ago
Well, each Forum Discussion Group - no matter what the name - has an official Terms of Service Agreement that the member signs electronically when registering and promises to abide by the Rules.

Then, the fun begins. This lengthy document is never read. Often a Group also has Posting Rules. Those are either read, or not.

Then, the posting begins and a new member is either not conscious of the existing climate or does not care to be conscious of it. "I can post whatever I want" the member proclaims, "that is freedom of speech". Then he/she finds out that there are limits. Limits of politeness and good taste. Here is where the old timers say, "well, we know each other already so long, we can kid around, everybody will understand our jokes". The newbie does not. They become gun shy.

Let me not elaborate any further. But, whoever has some Forum experience, it is the same in all groups. The larger the group, the more mischief begins.

Management will be wise to occasionally show the lifted finger, "now stop, please, before it gets too far" and save themselves the trouble to let the brewing fight escalate where corpses remain on the field ... just kidding.

Netiquette is just rules, "don't say anything that you would not say if you were sitting face-to-face". The true climate inside a Forum Discussion Group develops gradually ... and can be enriching and fruitful, just because of the diversity, if free speech is practised in a respectful manner.

Amen to that.
11 years ago
Seatonica:
Are people taking the #@%* or what Confused:

Ahaha, this is so funny because about a year ago, I was thinking about some p*ss take topic ideas to put on the Frag forum and very nearly went ahead with a "My Little Pony" thread, identical to the one Cryptic linked to.
I am such a visionary Wink
11 years ago
May I bash basenotes instead?
Lamenting Fragrantica's evident lack of sophistication I can't keep up with .. and I reckon it becomes kinda lame anyway, since we all know how they work for the most part .. not that I would never bitch about anything. Wink

Anyhow, I once naively offered a freebee over at bn. After I had mailed the fume, guess what I received in return. NOTHING. Not even a thanks! Ungrateful #@%*!!! Archetypical bn-bloke, I reckon.
Whereas peeps at parfumo (incl. the German site) always seem eager to return the favour. Not that there is need for that, yet, the gesture I appreciate indeed.
No good deed is unpunished 11 years ago
I got an official warning in a private message from the owner of Fragrantica not to "solicit" any more. One of too many letters praising the lovely Parfumo site must have been either intercepted, or worse, that member which I recruited told on me.

Do whatever you want, the internet is big, and from the keyboard of our private computer station we visit many sites anyway.

Fragrantica is a good place for many things, I am still visiting and mostly reading.
11 years ago
I just clicked on to that Barbie thread!! I never went on that topic, but I was astounded at how many Barbies there are! My poor Granddaughter nearly fainted with excitement!! RosaMilena sure knows how to contribute to a thread! She's a real doll herself!
Re: No good deed is unpunished 11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Pipette:
I got an official warning in a private message from the owner of Fragrantica not to "solicit" any more. One of too many letters praising the lovely Parfumo site must have been either intercepted, or worse, that member which I recruited told on me.

Do whatever you want, the internet is big, and from the keyboard of our private computer station we visit many sites anyway.

Fragrantica is a good place for many things, I am still visiting and mostly reading.

Wow. I didn't know they'd react is such a way. They have so many members and visitors, why should they be worried?

Bolding added. The way I understand it, various perfume websites compete inside the Internet of how many hits they are getting. There are lists for that. Why should it matter ? I don't know, unless there are commercial reasons that the site has Ads and wants many, many visits and no competition.
Beats me.
At any rate, the good places will eventually get their spot inside the Internet.
We have had discussions here on Parfumo whether to be conscious of content (= what is written in reviews and blog articles) viewed from the inside out (= our position as members of a group) or from the outside in (= how does an outsider view and value what he sees as far as reviews and blog articles).
126 - 150 by 593
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
Jump to