Search Forum

Photo of the Day

51 - 75 by 471
not sure 11 years ago
I think it's actually in Canada. A replica Japanese Botanical Garden. Not totally sure. Just browsed and posted something soothing!
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Is this in Kyoto?

California, DlaneSmile
Japanese Garden

www.huntington.org/huntingtonlibrary.aspx?id=5 12

is a part of The Huntington Botanical Gardens

huntington.org/huntingtonlibrary.aspx?id=210&l inkidentifier=id&itemid=210

Go check it out

Smile
Saihoji Temple Garden - Kyoto, Japan 11 years ago
Popularly known as Kokedera (Moss Temple) because of the prevailing ground cover of the garden, Saiho-ji is one of the earliest extant gardens to be associated with Zen thought. It is a large pond garden that was once part of a Jodo temple, in which context it would have evoked the Western Paradise of Amida. When the temple was converted to Zen Buddhism by Muso Soseki in 1339, the garden was probably altered to some degree, and Muso is said to have added the rock formations of the upper level. The garden one visits today--heavily wooded and missing the various pavilions that Muso erected on the site--is certainly different from that of the fourteenth century, but it still evokes both the Pure Land of its original Jodo dedication and the reverance for nature shared by Shinto and Zen. It is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Gosho Imperial Palace Garden - Kyoto, Japan 11 years ago
The palace and garden are within the old palace enclosure but were built during the Edo period (c 1855). The style is loosely based on the Heian shinden-zukuri style, with large gravel courtyards and a small pond garden. Courtyards of this type were used for festivities but typically had a stream flowing under the building and through the courtyard. Lakes were larger and were used for boating parties.

11 years ago
Very Happy You are most welcome! I will post more with info. as I am able!
11 years ago
Thank you - the most beautiful photos are coming our way.

Perhaps you could start the Geisha topic here? In a separate thread? The Parfumo members have not seen it.

Like how young Geishas get trained. Their make-up. Their hairdos. Their kimonos. The fact that they are entertainers.

But here I am digressing and off topic.

After I thought about it a little more, I am wondering whether the Parfumo Server can support the large size of photos,with so many pixels.

That is a good question. Please, Don, let us know.
Thank you Pipette! 11 years ago
Well I don't want to cause any harm or offend anyone. Perhaps I can occasionally post a pic with full explanation here. Since this is a picture focused thread, I will post a beautiful image now and then. Very Happy
11 years ago
Miltonia orchid.
11 years ago
I would love to have that orchid. Do you own that Cryptic?
11 years ago
Yes, that's mine. They also call them pansy orchids. If I can grow it so can you, Cincy. Wink
11 years ago
I have an orchid and it grows well and blooms. Yours is different then mine and you have more blooms, so I want it. Razz I will try to find a pansy orchid. Thanks
11 years ago
Fancy Orchid Cryptic but I don't do house plants Wink
11 years ago
I know, Dig. Embarassed

Here you go. A white caladium and a hibiscus.
11 years ago
Noooo! That poor, defenseless peace lily. Crying or Very sadWink
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Dig, I can sympathize. My outdoor plants flourish, but my indoor plants look like this most of the time. I guess I expect houseplants to take care of themselves, like their silk/plastic cousins----

Mine used to live in a Beta fish tank. Both the fish and the plant bit the dust.
11 years ago
Oh no we have plant killers, brown thumbs? My daughter says I have a plant hospital here in my computer room. She brings her plants and her neighbors to me. I do have the perfect light. I should take a picture to show you my home made oxygen tent I made yesterday for my African Violets that I divided. Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
My yukkish things are getting drowned by convolvulus.
11 years ago
Tinctureall:
My yukkish things are getting drowned by convolvulus.

Wow! I love that old wall in the background.
Aww cute 11 years ago
Poor little bat! I love that big convulvus plant!
51 - 75 by 471
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Photo of the Day
Jump to