Search Forum

Batch code lottery.

Batch code lottery. 12 months ago

So, I noticed recently some stores in the UK I can only speak for get in discontinued fragrances such as Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum and were actually selling it in a sale which to me is strange because another fragrance here in the UK that is very popular right now is Hawas for HimHawas for Him which all the foreign YouTube reviewers ( I say foreign, what I mean is non UK) tell us is great for such prices of usually $50 yet here in the UK it is so hard to find since only one store listed on Fragrantica is selling it for £100+ , none of the high street brands stores like The Perfume Shop, Boots, John Lewis etc have this item btw.

So it makes you think how does a higher street store like Boots manage to get some stock of hard to find Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum and sell it in a sale? And when I check my batch code I think I found the answer. My bottle has absolutely horrendous longevity and was created in November of 2022 so do stores get cheap offerings of fragrances that the seller knows has maybe been sitting in poor storage in less than favourable conditions like a shipping crate left somewhere in direct heat that will have had an obvious bad effect on the juice so they sell it for cheap?

I ask this because I just also found Hawas for HimHawas for Him on Fragrance X for half the price that we can get here in the UK.

So I could go to Fragrance X and pay half the price OR go to Sephora, a much more reputable store and pay double. They are not testers at Fragrance X btw.

Do I play the batch code lottery and hope the £50 Hawas for HimHawas for Him is a good batch or is it likely it’s the same situation with my bottle of 6months old Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum that I only ordered the other day yet was made in November and there are people also talking about poor performance of recent batches.

I can’t remember where exactly I read it but this is supposedly a thing where batches of hard to get or discontinued fragrances suddenly appear but are of poor quality and are most likely some older stock like i say that have been forgotten about somewhere and kept in bad condition for the kind of product.

Has anyone heard of this kind of thing resulting in stores getting better deals but then the customer ends up with a bad batch?

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Batch code lottery.
Jump to