Search Forum

My current faves, could you recommend me others?

My current faves, could you recommend me others? 9 months ago

I’ve tried many decants, but I’m new to the fragrance universe, so I’d love to get some niche recommendations from perfumistas. 

I seem to be drawn to oriental perfumes, floral-oriental, spicy-orientals, as well as amber based perfumes. I love scents that would be described as mysterious and dark and sexy. 

I can’t wear fresh/citrus/aquatic/green/fougere/coniferous/ chypre, aromatic, oud/rose based perfumes or gourmands. Perfumes that have  some caramel, vanilla, milkshake, dessert, apple pie, etc. in them is not for me, as it triggers me somehow, due to some scent hypersensitivity.

These are my go-to’s:

Black Orchid  (everyday use)  absolutely LOVE it! It makes me go cray-cray.

Baccarat Rouge 540 (very often) Love it, although I sometimes smell like a bandaid.

KL Lagerfeld (seldom during fall/winter)

YSL Opium (seldom during fall/winter)

I would be very thankful for any recommendations. I don’t know how to include the pics of perfumes, sorry about that!

Last edited by Rojabird on 02.08.2023, 10:22; edited 2 times in total
9 months ago 1

Based on your favorites, the first perfume I thought of was Angels' ShareAngels' Share. It's spicy and sweet and it has the mysterious, dark and sexy vibe you're talking about, although it might be a little bit too gourmand for your liking.

Now if you want something more daring, a good option would be Under My SkinUnder My Skin. It's very spicy, a bit oldschool, and in my opinion not the type of scent you'd wear to work if you know what I mean.

Edit: another one that just popped into my mind is CamelCamel. It's spicy, it's smokey, it's ambery. It also has dried fruit, I don't know if you like that.

Edit 2: I have to admit that I'm not overly familiar with this brand, but based on what I know about it I think you might enjoy the work of Andy Tauer. Tauer Perfumes is very good at making spicy perfumes.

9 months ago

Thank you, @TommieBootje I am really in sync with your recommendations!

I have actually been curious of your oriental suggestions, as I have looked up Tauer’s perfumes and have wanted to try them out! As well as Camel. 😁 Zoologist seems like such a fun and playful perfume house.

ETA: I forgot to mention Under my Skin! It seems really cool, I’ll add it to my list of decants I have to buy. 

9 months ago
Rojabird

Thank you, @TommieBootje I am really in sync with your recommendations!

I have actually been curious of your oriental suggestions, as I have looked up Tauer’s perfumes and have wanted to try them out! As well as Camel. 😁 Zoologist seems like such a fun and playful perfume house.

ETA: I forgot to mention Under my Skin! It seems really cool, I’ll add it to my list of decants I have to buy. 

Great to hear! I'm curious to hear what you think of them. Zoologist is one of my favorite houses. Their fragrances aren't all crowd pleasers, but even if I don't like them I can appreciate their artistic value. Francesca Bianchi's perfumes are all pretty daring, it's like she adds a big dose of sexiness to all of her work. I own a bottle of what I consider to be the most demure fragrance I ever tried from her and even that one I only wear when I want to smell really, really seductive.

9 months ago

I’m a total newbie when it comes to niche perfumes, but I’m keen on finding new favourites. They can be different and unique, but I am a sucker for compliments!😄 

I do love sexy and dark perfumes, so I’ll definitely give Francesca Bianchi a shot. I saw other ones from her that on paper sound amazing. Anything sultry and seductive is a winner in my book!

9 months ago

Nishane Hundred Silent Ways X the new addition to the line with patchouli and leather should do the trick for you, give it a shot.

9 months ago

Thank you @Sardis ! Smile I’m always on the lookout for a great recommendation! 

9 months ago
Rojabird

Thank you @Sardis ! Smile I’m always on the lookout for a great recommendation! 

My pleasure!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations My current faves, could you recommend me others?
Jump to