Search Forum

Another Game: Perfume for a portrait

51 - 75 by 83
Marquise de Pompadour by Francois Boucher - 1759 11 years ago
Jeanne Antoinette Poisson, Marquise de Pompadour, also known as Madame de Pompadour or "Reinette" [Little Queen], (29 December 1721 – 15 April 1764,) was a member of the French court and was the official chief mistress of Louis XV from 1745 to her death.

What perfume would the great courtesan wear?

Last edited by FloraMilena on 12.07.2013, 13:25; edited 2 times in total
Empress Elizabeth of Austria by Franz Winterhalter, 1865 11 years ago
Elisabeth of Austria (24 December 1837 – 10 September 1898) was the wife of Franz Joseph I, and therefore both Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary. She also held the titles of Queen of Bohemia and Croatia, among others. From an early age, she was called Sisi by family and friends.

What perfume would the beautiful Sisi wear?

Re: Empress Elizabeth of Austria by Franz Winterhalter, 1865 11 years ago
FloraMilena:
What perfume would the beautiful Sisi wear?

From what I know about Sisi she was an unhappy, insecure person who at times suffered from Anorexia. This does not fit together with opulent floral fragrances.

Wikipedia tells us she hardly used any perfume or cosmetics herself although she tested many. Well, I am afraid today she would be a candidate for the sexless CK line Sad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Elisabeth_of_Aus tria
LMFAO 11 years ago
Oh poor Sisi! And she was so lovely!
Livia Drusilla, Empress of Rome 11 years ago
Livia Drusilla, (30 January 58 BC– 28 September AD 29), after her formal adoption into the Julian family in AD 14 also known as Julia Augusta, was the wife of the Roman emperor Augustus throughout his reign, as well as his adviser. She was the mother of the emperor Tiberius, paternal grandmother of the emperor Claudius, paternal great-grandmother of the emperor Caligula, and maternal great-great-grandmother of the emperor Nero. She was deified by Claudius who acknowledged her title of Augusta.

While reporting various unsavoury hearsay, the ancient sources generally portray Livia (Julia Augusta) as a woman of proud and queenly attributes, faithful to her imperial husband, for whom she was a worthy consort, forever poised and dignified. With consummate skill she acted out the roles of consort, mother, widow and dowager.

In the popular fictional work I, Claudius by Robert Graves—based on Tacitus' innuendo—Livia is portrayed as a thoroughly Machiavellian, scheming political mastermind. Determined never to allow republican governance to flower again, as she felt they led to corruption and civil war, and devoted to bringing Tiberius to power and then maintaining him there, she is involved in nearly every death or disgrace in the Julio-Claudian family up to the time of her death.

What perfume would this frightening woman wear?

11 years ago
"Vepres Siciliennes" by MDCI Paris
11 years ago
Circe is a minor goddess of magic and i would smell her in

Black by M.Micallef because of the bottle.
Vermeer´s Girl with a Pearl Earring 11 years ago
Which perfume would this maid wear? Let´s please ignore the fact that she never would have been able to afford such luxury stuff....

I would suggest something very light and floral....maybe Tilleul (linden flower) ?

******Sorry, picture adding does not work on my pc right now....hence without photo******
11 years ago
I don't have a fragrance for her. However I really enjoyed the book and will read it again someday. Good choice you picked for her PontNeuf.
Last edited by Cincy on 15.07.2013, 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Gustave Klimt - La dame au boa de plumes 11 years ago
Here is a small photo, cannot get it much larger.

(She is on the way to see her lover.)
Re: Gustave Klimt - La dame au boa de plumes 11 years ago
Pipette:
Here is a small photo, cannot get it much larger.

(She is on the way to see her lover.)

I love Klimt´s work, his way of depicting sensuality is wonderful. For the lady you chose I would suggest something really sexy Smile

My first thought was "Shalimar" but then I felt that ladies from that era did not wear such perfumes without ruining their reputation Smile Nevertheless I would stick to my initial idea....which scent would you guys choose for her ?
11 years ago
I see her in Zibeline by Weil I think.
11 years ago
I think the new retro-inspired Neil Morris, "Vision in Black", would fit too.
How about this mysterious Maiden of the Lake (by Russian artist Constantine Vasyliev)?

11 years ago
Hope this one works. Thanks, Dlane!

11 years ago
"Ninfeo Mio" by Annick Goutal
11 years ago
Madame X - painting by John Sargent Singer

Which perfume would she wear?
11 years ago
I like "White Shoulders" by Evyan for Madame.

How about the Woman in White by Valerie Hegarty? I hear this artist is muchly criticized for her destructive approach and “épatage” ways, but I find myself virtually unable to pull my eyes off this strange thing.

Strange Woman in White 11 years ago
I would put her in PORTRAIT OF A LADY by Frederic Malle.
Cléopatre essayant des poisons sur des condamnés à mort 11 years ago
CLEOPATRA TESTING POISON ON CONDEMNED PRISONERS
Alexandre Cabanel 1887

Cleopatra in death dealing mood. What would she wear here?

51 - 75 by 83
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Another Game: Perfume for a portrait
Jump to