Search Forum

Books: what are you reading right now?

26 - 50 by 297
11 years ago
Cold Case .. Linda Barnes
11 years ago
I'm re-reading Simply Halston to see if it contains any interesting perfume gossip, lol.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I'm re-reading Simply Halston to see if it contains any interesting perfume gossip, lol.

And please share that gossip with us, won't you? Smile
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Cryptic:

Yes, do. We love perfume gossip. Wink

Just read the first chapter of Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns. Looks like it wil be a good read with a lot of humor.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Cryptic:

No, because Cryptic THE IDIOT left the book behind on the train yesterday. Crying or Very sad
11 years ago
Oh No Exclamation Sorry to hear that. Well so much for gossip.
11 years ago
Sequel to Cold Sassy Tree. by Olive Ann Burnes.

Leaving Cold SassyArrow this will be a tear jerker for me. I finished CST, last night, crying, sob, sob. Checked out the sequel this morning. he author didn't finish this book, she dictated from her hospital bed. She died of cancer in 1990.
11 years ago
Finished reading Leaving Cold Sassy, cried of course.

Just started The Outsider by Ann H Gabhart. On page 92,and if this next chapter doesn't get any better, forget it!

I guess after reading the last three books, I was bound (pun) to read a book that doesn't keep my interest.
11 years ago
Cincy, you might like Rosamunde Pilcher.

My current reading:

11 years ago
I read "A Confederacy of Dunces" when I lived in New Orleans. You knew how he died right?

I read a couple of her books, but I don't remember the titles. I think you have have my reading preferences figured out. Wink
11 years ago
Wasn't it self-inflicted carbon monoxide poisoning? What a shame. Sad

Rosamunde Pilcher perfume lover's bonus: The Shell Seekers mentions Chanel No.5 and Poison plays a prominent role in September. Exclamation
11 years ago
Yes, it is a shame. I always said I would reread his book.

I may have the Shell Seekers in my library, I collect books too. Embarassed Did she collect old shards of glass on the beach?
11 years ago
Actually, it is about a painting. It made Time's list of 100 books of the century or 100 books everyone should read, something like that.
11 years ago
Well, if it is on that list. I have to have it! Laughing
I have started reading two books, one for the afternoon and one for bed. New York Times and USA Today Bestseller.....

The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf ... the other one is Tawni O'Dell Back Roads ... a Oprah book club pick. Both are suspense.
Last edited by Cincy on 16.01.2013, 22:51; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
It's on the BBC list, not Time's. Sorry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml
11 years ago
Thanks, I saved the list, I have read 12. I have 3 in the bookcase to read.
11 years ago
Nicholas Roe's new biography of John Keats.
11 years ago
I just finished Water For Elephants...loved it! Now starting Freedom, by..Johnathan Franzen.
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
I just finished Water For Elephants...loved it! Now starting Freedom, by..Johnathan Franzen.

I loved the book, so different from the run of the mill books.
Did you like the way it ended?
11 years ago
I just sent you a pm Dalmajen, I am really curious about the ending of the book.
11 years ago
So far back by Pam Durban
11 years ago
Snob: Perfumes by Dariush Alavi
11 years ago
Rereading Pride and Prejudice for the ? time, but it truly never gets old.
11 years ago
EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed I have that and "Sense and Sensibility", have not read either one. EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed
11 years ago
The Girl Who Fell From The Sky by Heidi W. Durrow
26 - 50 by 297
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Books: what are you reading right now?
Jump to