526 - 550 by 4531
11 years ago
Cryptic:
*Backing slowly away*

Okay!

Laughing
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I have no idea what a Mystery Scent Vial Trial Game is, but it sounds intriguing. Exclamation

Hmmmm . . . okay, now let's break it down. There's a scent that's a mystery, it's in a vial and everyone gets a trial?

Smile
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Cryptic:
*Backing slowly away*

Okay!

Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughing
11 years ago
The Question:

1. This fragrances is an oasis in a desert of interesting.
2. One of the notes in this fragrance can make a great Seven and Seven.
11 years ago
ummmm do you put bitters in a Seven and Seven, I am thinking out loud.
11 years ago
A typical Seven and Seven is 7 Up and Seagram's 7.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Cryptic:
I have no idea what a Mystery Scent Vial Trial Game is, but it sounds intriguing. Exclamation

Hmmmm . . . okay, now let's break it down. There's a scent that's a mystery, it's in a vial and everyone gets a trial?

Smile

Embarassed
11 years ago
Cumming?

*cowers in anticipation of the inevitable "Wrong!"*
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Cumming?

Was Cumming your guess, Cryptic?
11 years ago
What a rascal you are, Flaconneur. Very Happy

Yes, that was a guess.
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
Cryptic:
Cumming?

Was Cumming your guess, Cryptic?

What a rascal you are, Flaconneur.

Yes, that was a guess

LaughingLaughingLaughing You all are so funny.
Last edited by Cincy on 26.01.2013, 03:40; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cryptic:
What a rascal you are, Flaconneur. Very Happy

Yes, that was a guess.

Give it another try, Cryptic.
11 years ago
I would put a little lemon with seven and seven.
11 years ago
My new guess:

Siwa
by Memo
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Cryptic:

Smile

Brilliant deduction Watson, er... Dulcemio!

Cool

There are actually a number of mystery vials, A-J last time (we'll see how many I do this time), and we collectively solve the mystery of the perfume's identity in a collaborative effort not unlike this thread! Well, except that the clues derive from your direct testing of the perfume from the vial, marked only A, B, C, ... etc. I also post poll questions to try to help you to figure it out.

We do one each Saturday, starting at noon EST or 6pm in Germany. That's the best day and time that I've been able to come up with. It won't work for people who have "other priorities" on Saturdays, but it's one day when most people are at least not working...

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know so that when you see the thread go up you'll sign up, assuming that you're interested in participating. There are obviously limited places. Last time we had twelve players, but about half of them were MIA for nearly the entire game, so this year I'm not inviting Facebook groups. Instead, I'm only posting here, so that already active Parfumo members will sign up and hopefully be able to show up for the sessions. Wink
11 years ago
Greysolon:
My new guess:

Siwa
by Memo

You're getting pretty good at this, Greysolon. Correct!

Your turn.
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
Greysolon:
My new guess:

Siwa
by Memo

You're getting pretty good at this, Greysolon. Correct!

Your turn.

Hold on just one minute, please. For the slower players, Flaconneur, would you mind explaining how this perfume corresponds to the clues????

Rolling EyesEmbarassed
11 years ago
Whiskey is a middle note, I do believe.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Hold on just one minute, please. For the slower players, Flaconneur, would you mind explaining how this perfume corresponds to the clues????

Rolling EyesEmbarassed

You asked for it, Sherapop:

1. Siwa is an oasis in Egypt. Siwa the fragrance is uninteresting at best.
2. One of the heart notes is Whiskey, and it is also an ingredient in a Seven and Seven.
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
Sherapop:

Rolling EyesEmbarassed

You asked for it, Sherapop:

2. One of the heart notes is Whiskey, and it is also an ingredient in a Seven and Seven.

Wait. You said that the perfume was an oasis in a desert of uninteresting. That suggested to me that it was the best perfume of a house all of whose other wares are boring!

Twisted Evil
11 years ago
And where does the popcorn note fit into this scheme??????

Shocked
11 years ago

I took the clue "desert of the interesting" literally and since Siwa is located in the desert in the middle of nowhere it fits in that way too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siwa_Oasis

I was thrown for a while because I took you're constant response of, "Wrong!" to be a hint!
11 years ago
Sherapop:
And where does the popcorn note fit into this scheme??????

Shocked

That was clue number three but someone guessed the answer.
11 years ago
I thought of Cumming because everyone seems to think it is one of the more interesting celebrity scents. I know that's lame, but it ticked the whiskey box, at least.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Wait. You said that the perfume was an oasis in a desert of uninteresting. That suggested to me that it was the best perfume of a house all of whose other wares are boring!

Twisted Evil

This is what I posted, Sherapopl Go back and read it again.

1. This fragrances is an oasis in a desert of interesting.

Otherwise put, the fragrance is Siwi (an oasis) in a desert of interesting (meaning Siwi is not interesting).
526 - 550 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to