Search Forum

I have been.......

876 - 900 by 2160
11 years ago
I have been catching up on the prayers and well wishes and grateful that so many people are in my corner.

To summarize, niece was hospitalized for pneumonia, within an hour of discharge passed out due to lack of oxygen. She is grossly obese which doesn't help. Doesn't look like she will make it on her own without support of a machine. She is basically brain dead with only lower brain telling her to breathe. She is breathing at 50%. For every breathe she takes, the machine pushes a force of 10 behind it. (Dr said something about forces are in measurements of water so maybe 10 liters of water with every breath?)

My son, treated in the ER for pneumonia induced asthma attack. Transferred to another hospital for a cardiac work up because they could not get his heart rate down.

Situations kind of similar so imagine my stress over the last 48 hours lol. I'm laughing now I have to be on top of the scheduled treatments to keep oxygen flowing. I have to be alert in case meds trigger tachycardia.

He feels better because he asked for food several times today and he wants to go to school tomorrow. Good sign!

Thanks y'all.
11 years ago
*hugs DD* Im sorry you have to go through this. I hope you're getting some rest now.
11 years ago
I have been thinking of you, DiginDirt. Keep it simple, keep it small, good luck, that is all you can do. Prayers may help.
11 years ago
My thoughts are with you. Head up girl.
11 years ago
I have been pulling for my dear friend Dig and broiling like a scrod in this heat.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I have been broiling like a scrod in this heat.

I just checked weather.com and found that we have two more days of 90F+ weather before at least a week of coolness (in the seventies). So I'm looking at this as a short trip to the equator. The Emperor is outside on the deck enjoying the tropical breeze.

Pass the iced tea!!!!

Cool
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I have been catching up on the prayers and well wishes and grateful that so many people are in my corner.

He feels better because he asked for food several times today and he wants to go to school tomorrow. Good sign!

Keep up the good spirits and positive thinking, Dig!

I love your new profile pic, btw...

Very Happy
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Cryptic:
I have been broiling like a scrod in this heat.

I just checked weather.com and found that we have two more days of 90F+ weather before at least a week of coolness (in the seventies). So I'm looking at this as a short trip to the equator. The Emperor is outside on the deck enjoying the tropical breeze.

Pass the iced tea!!!! Cool

+1 Long Island Ice Tea Very Happy
11 years ago
I have to wait a few hours for my adult beverage(s). While you guys relax, I get to haul around a briefcase in heels, hosiery and a suit. By the end of the day I'll be just another sweaty bag lady. Have fun!!! Grrr.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I have to wait a few hours for my adult beverage(s). While you guys relax, I get to haul around a briefcase in heels, hosiery and a suit. By the end of the day I'll be just another sweaty bag lady. Have fun!!! Grrr.

Laughing
11 years ago
Better make it a double, Dlane.

Shera, did I laugh at your suffering when you were buried in snow a few months back? Confused
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Better make it a double, Dlane.

Shera, did I laugh at your suffering when you were buried in snow a few months back? Confused

I was not laughing at your suffering but at your colorful description!

Embarassed
11 years ago
I have been teasing you, Sheradarling! Mock as much as you want. Wink
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I have been teasing you, Sheradarling! Mock as much as you want. Wink

My dear Cryptic, please excuse my obtuseness. I blame the ambient temperature!

Shocked
11 years ago
I have been fighting with the school nurse, who saw it my way in the end.
I have been getting back into my routine at work.
I have been watching my son like a hawk, making sure his breathing is not labored.

I have been laughing at Cryptic broiling in the heat. I can laugh because I do it every day.
I have been terrified to even guess at the latest questions on the Guess a Scent Game

I have been thankful that everyone sends their support and is genuinely concerned about my son's health and well being. I guess you all kind of know him, he's all I talk about after all.

I have been wondering if we should hit up Fells Point or Ellicott City when Diane visits next month. ShockedShockedShocked
11 years ago
I have been expecting to find a review from Sherapop for every fragrance I look up while out shopping. This could be a deal breaker for me, help me out Shera.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I have been expecting to find a review from Sherapop for every fragrance I look up while out shopping. This could be a deal breaker for me, help me out Shera.

Darlin' Digindirt, my new reviews are now found at an ancillary blog to the salon de parfum, where I am archiving every review which I ever wrote anywhere, including here.

It's searchable by house, so hopefully it will be easy to see whether your coveted perfume has been reviewed by me. Unfortunately, the archive is only about 50% complete, but I'll finish hopefully in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, for the fresh off my fingertip reviews, here's the url:

http://sherapop.blogspot.com/

I invite you to comment on my reviews over yonder!
Smile
11 years ago
Sherapop:

Darlin' Digindirt, my new reviews are now found at an ancillary blog to the salon de parfum, where I am archiving every review which I ever wrote anywhere, including here.

It's searchable by house, so hopefully it will be easy to see whether your coveted perfume has been reviewed by me. Unfortunately, the archive is only about 50% complete, but I'll finish hopefully in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, for the fresh off my fingertip reviews, here's the url:

http://sherapop.blogspot.com/

I invite you to comment on my reviews over yonder!
Smile

Bookmarked!

I have been perusing the mall today. Looks like La Prairie Midnight Rain will be my next victim. I'm stalking her as we speak.
876 - 900 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to