Search Forum

Post your photos of your fragrances and collections

1 - 25 by 44
Post your photos of your fragrances and collections 11 months ago 3

Hi, I know we have albums and new perfume photos are shown on the homepage but they are only available to be seen for a short while. They are also come with a set of rules. Therefore I think many photos get overlooked as you would need to search them out by looking through people’s profiles.
I love to see people’s artistic photos of their perfumes and collection photos. I also enjoy creating some myself. So, what are you waiting for? Show us some of your artistic works and collections 😊

I will post a few to start off 

11 months ago 3

I’m afraid I take most of my fragrance photos either on my dusty bookshelf or use my pillow cases as a backdrop 😆. But here are a few recent acquisitions, plus some that I’ve had a while, but tried playing with my iPhone’s photo editing 😁.

11 months ago 1
VieilleDame1

I’m afraid I take most of my fragrance photos either on my dusty bookshelf or use my pillow cases as a backdrop 😆. But here are a few recent acquisitions, plus some that I’ve had a while, but tried playing with my iPhone’s photo editing 😁.

Hey thank you for sharing!

I use T-shirts and all sorts of things for my photos and sometimes a nice pillowcase will work perfectly for a photo. A dusty bookshelf imo shows character and can give a perfume a great photo. Also the main thing of course is that you enjoy the experience so i welcome more dusty bookcase and pillow photos from you please 😃 lol

Seriously thank you for sharing 🙂

The title for the HUGO photo was "Game Like a Boss - HUGO BOSS" for context. 

Last edited by Mitchcraft on 12.06.2023, 18:12; edited 1 time in total
11 months ago 3

Dear VieilleDame1, 

you have some rare fragrances there! Please receive this offering as thank you for sharing your pics!

11 months ago 3

Mitchcraft,

Mitch Please! Don't make me take my babies out of their boxes! 😂😂

Edit: The pillow technique works! 

11 months ago 1
Cocopah

Mitchcraft,

Lol this is so funny you have made me think of something from my childhood “NRFB, NRFB!”

There of course is the episode from The Big Bang theory where funnily enough they get a Spock toy from Penny. I can’t help wonder if it was inspired by this scene from Dexter’s Laboratory lol

I will add a photo back in box to stop the outcome of the video happening when someone here’s me open the box 😂

Those are some fantastic bottles you have @Cocopah and @VieilleDame1 

11 months ago

I need help picking which one i should submit for the review page for La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique

Which do you think is the best one to submit, i really can't decide

Photo 1,2,3 or 4 ? Please help.

11 months ago

Some more now I have a new led light for light source 

11 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
VieilleDame1

Hey thank you for sharing!

I use T-shirts and all sorts of things for my photos and sometimes a nice pillowcase will work perfectly for a photo. A dusty bookshelf imo shows character and can give a perfume a great photo. Also the main thing of course is that you enjoy the experience so i welcome more dusty bookcase and pillow photos from you please 😃 lol

Seriously thank you for sharing 🙂

The title for the HUGO photo was "Game Like a Boss - HUGO BOSS" for context. 

Awww...thank you Mitchcraft! I'll have to remember t-shirts as a canvas 😊! And your photos are cool and stunning!

11 months ago 1
Cocopah

Dear VieilleDame1, 

you have some rare fragrances there! Please receive this offering as thank you for sharing your pics!

Thank you Cocopah! I love your Shalimar bottles! Life without Shalimar would be very sad and so it does the mind and soul good to surround ourselves with its many iterations 💗.

11 months ago 1
Cocopah

Mitchcraft,

Edit: The pillow technique works! 

😍 Those bottles!!! Love Hind Al Oud.

11 months ago 1

Some lovely photos and bottles being shared. I wish I had them to take photos of 😍

Get ready for a vibrant summer. 

Fragrance is a refreshing reflection upon our personalities and character. What does your choice of fragrance reflect upon you?

EDIT I am actually unhappy with a lot of my photos. Today i opened photoshop after not using it in a long time, you will see the difference in the last 2 photos of this comment where the reflections are removed. This will be the standard to expect from me in the future.

11 months ago 3

Hi, just wanna thank you all for your nice photos🤩!

Don't you want to put some of them on the fragrance's own page? I like looking nice photos there too.

Here is one I took of a mysterious miniature I found in a shoebox belonging to my late grandmother. (I am planning to write a blog post about my discoveries there. And I am planning to wear it,I don't want it to wait another 20 years forlorn and forgotten).

Réplique (Eau de Toilette)Réplique Eau de Toilette

11 months ago 1
LouBe

Hi, just wanna thank you all for your nice photos🤩!

Don't you want to put some of them on the fragrance's own page? I like looking nice photos there too.

Here is one I took of a mysterious miniature I found in a shoebox belonging to my late grandmother. (I am planning to write a blog post about my discoveries there. And I am planning to wear it,I don't want it to wait another 20 years forlorn and forgotten).

Réplique (Eau de Toilette)Réplique Eau de Toilette

Cool photo. Nice of you to take it and remind you of her.

The problem here with photos is you are only allowed to post so many per fragrance and you sometimes just get rejected. Some of the rules make sense like not having more than one brand in a photo but i see people who do this still get their photos accepted and you are only allowed to post one photo per fragrance at a time so i often find myself taking a lot of photos of one fragrance and find it hard to decide which one i want to use to apply for it to me evaluated for going on the fragrance page. Like today i posted photos 2 of the same fragrance and i really wish i hadn't because the one i really wanted to be used got refused and i presume it was because it was my 2nd photo of that fragrance in one day. I will try the other one another day.

I am going back to doing stuff in Photoshop. I used to be a digital artist many years ago so but I am very rusty. This photo of 1 million Lucky is my first attempt at photoshoping a fragrance in the style of art used to be my go to, so if people like it i will continue doing more photoshop work on my photos. Some the work willl be obvious what i done while other FX and clean up work less so. But here goes.

EDIT: I am happy to say that this was accepted as an official photo

11 months ago 1

Nice one! I didn't have photos rejected so wasn't aware of this problem. Have a nice day !

11 months ago 1
LouBe

Nice one! I didn't have photos rejected so wasn't aware of this problem. Have a nice day !

You have been keeping within the rules without knowing it, well done, lol 🙂

I like that Oilily photo, what a cool bottle to work with!

Here are my  3 for today then i think i am having a break best viewed on a phone for some reason the luminosity is a lot cleaner and vibrant 

11 months ago 1

Dear VieilleDame1,   omg...  I can only dream... thank you! 😍

Please post about the story behind those beautiful Shalimar bottles, how did discover your love for Shalimar and how did these jewels came into your life.

11 months ago 2

Dear Nushka, thank you!  "There are dozens of us, dozens!" 🤚🏼

Mitchcraft, if it's not too late, I really like pic #2 with the more bluish tint. Great pics!

11 months ago
Cocopah

Dear Nushka, thank you!  "There are dozens of us, dozens!" 🤚🏼

Mitchcraft, if it's not too late, I really like pic #2 with the more bluish tint. Great pics!

Thank you 🙏 

11 months ago 1

Here's one

11 months ago 1
KathrynA66

Here's one

Oh i got this lats week but was on a break so have not yet tried it.  I have been wondering how i will make a photo out of it and you done it justice with the good old pillow method lol 🙂

I have been working on this all day! I took the photo the other day but wanted to improve on it and i have been at it so long i have came down to either with bubbles or without bubbles 😂 

11 months ago 1
Cocopah

Dear VieilleDame1,   omg...  I can only dream... thank you! 😍

Please post about the story behind those beautiful Shalimar bottles, how did discover your love for Shalimar and how did these jewels came into your life.

Hi Cocopah!

Well, I just finished writing you a long reply and it wouldn't send and I've lost all the text, lol! 

I'll try to recreate it...

I used to wear Shalimar back in the early 1990s and always loved its bergamot/leather/powdery/vanilla character. I also used to wear Ombre Rose. 
In September 2021 I started yearning for the perfume of my youth/young womanhood (I'm 61 now) and I first sought out L'Air du Temps and Chloé (the KL from 1975). I then got the yearning for Shalimar and knew I wanted vintage, so began reading what I could. For resources I used the following:
Cleopatra's Boudoir: 

https://cleopatrasboudoir.blog...

https://cleopatrasboudoir.blog...

https://guerlainperfumes.blogs...

Yesterday's Perfume (Barbara Herman. This blog is no longer active, but can still be accessed):
https://www.yesterdaysperfume.... (and her book Scent and Subversion: Decoding A Century of Provocative Perfume)

Kafkaesque blog (these links are to an excellent, very long 3-part essay on vintage Shalimar)

Part 1: https://kafkaesqueblog.com/201...

Part 2: https://kafkaesqueblog.com/201...

Part 3: https://kafkaesqueblog.com/201...

I have mostly Shalimar EDT from the 1980s. I also have a couple of EDP (current & 2000), a couple of flacon montre EDC (1970s) and three small bottles of extrait. I also have some flankers. I also have an extrait of both L'Heure Bleue and Jicky that date from the 1930s. So yes...I love, love, love Shalimar! 💗

However, my collecting has been tinged with anxiety as I really can't afford this as a hobby and I have gotten in over my head, sadly. This is not to say that I don't love what I own, but it did become a problem. Anyway...that's my story. If you want to know more, ask away! 😊

11 months ago
Mitchcraft
KathrynA66

Here's one

Oh i got this lats week but was on a break so have not yet tried it.  I have been wondering how i will make a photo out of it and you done it justice with the good old pillow method lol 🙂

I have been working on this all day! I took the photo the other day but wanted to improve on it and i have been at it so long i have came down to either with bubbles or without bubbles 😂 

That's one of my mom's old scarves, but the method is just like the pillow case.

11 months ago 1

OHMYGIDDYGIDDYAUNT, those Bal à Versailles (Parfum)Bal à Versailles Parfum and Shalimar (Eau de Parfum)Shalimar Eau de Parfum! *faints*

11 months ago
KathrynA66
Mitchcraft
KathrynA66

Here's one

That's one of my mom's old scarves, but the method is just like the pillow case.

Sorry about that i was blurry eyed and tired when i wrote this. I too use things like that like T-shirts with a print etc.

Been doing some D&G photos and editing today. Done one with some fruit etc and another more simple one. 

1 - 25 by 44
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Post your photos of your fragrances and collections
Jump to