Search Forum

Help as a new user

1 - 25 by 56
Help as a new user 10 months ago 2

Hello! I am trying to familiarize myself more with Parfumo:

1) Is there a Parfumo walkthrough anywhere? I Googled, searched the forums, YT... couldn't seem to find anything.

2) How do I delete a perfume off of my "shelves"/collection?

3) How do I add a review, to a perfume page where there are already reviews? 

Thank you in advance - really enjoying the platform and excited to be here! ๐Ÿ˜Š

10 months ago 2

1.  Sorry- I don't know.  Just explore the site.  It's very user-friendly.

2. You can tap on a perfume in any of your collections, and an icon will appear allowing you to delete the fragrance.

3.  Tap the "review" button on the fragrance page, and you'll get the box in which to write your review.

Hope this helps.

10 months ago 4

@KathrynA66  thank you for the quick response, and for taking the time to reply - your response helped me find the delete button, as well as the review button. I appreciate your help!

And no worries, maybe someone else will chime in regarding a Parfumo walkthrough - while the UI on this platform is beautiful, I've struggled to find things on my own (such as the delete button, review button, etc.) and would greatly appreciate a visual guide of some sort if it exists. 

Thanks again! ๐Ÿ˜€

10 months ago 4

hi @Gourmandgrl and welcome to the Parfumo community!

There is a Q&A with some info: link

And lots of info on this forum. Feel free to ask questions. 

have fun!

10 months ago 2

@Gourmandgrl Glad to be of help!  Enjoy!

10 months ago 2
Kurai

hi @Gourmandgrl and welcome to the Parfumo community!

There is a Q&A with some info: link

And lots of info on this forum. Feel free to ask questions. 

have fun!

Thank you very much for this link, it is very helpful! I also appreciate the welcome - I am excited to be here, and am enjoying getting to know the community/platform better! ๐Ÿ˜Š

10 months ago 3

Oh hey there Gourmandgrl! We're very excited to have you on board, is there anything else you need help with? Just ask me or any other Parfumo friend. Can't wait to see what you bring to the Parfumo table. 

10 months ago 3

@DonVanVliet Don't know if this is something that could be worked on? A guide for new users on Parfumo so they can have a little help when starting out?

10 months ago 2

Thank you for the great idea @Telekinec ! I appreciate the welcome and offer for help @Salahharake ! I don't have anything yet I need help with, but I'll be sure to ask here in the forums - thank you!

10 months ago 4

Hi guys, I am a newby too to the site! I would like to ask: if you make a typo mistake, as I often do, can you edit your review? It is possible to delete them at all and then post them again? @Salahharake you are such a welcoming wonderful presence in this community!

10 months ago 3

@Frabra88  welcome, we can be new together! ๐Ÿค— 

Yes you can edit reviews by clicking on the "edit" option at the bottom of the review. It's in grey, so it's easy to miss - but you have to be using the web version of Parfumo.

(I'm not sure whether the app has this feature - but I remember they said that the app is an "abbreviated" version of the website, so it doesn't have all features that the website does.)

Does that help, or are you still having trouble finding it?

10 months ago 2

Hi!

Wow, this community is really phenomenal and so incredibly supportive.  I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said.  I'm sure someone will think of something helpful I hadn't even thought of.

Welcome to Parfumo!

9 months ago

How can you show what perfume you wear today? I cant find anywhere to tell what I'm using today

9 months ago 2
Cathped

How can you show what perfume you wear today? I cant find anywhere to tell what I'm using today

Hi Cathped, so nice to see you here, I remember you from Fragrantica ๐Ÿ˜Š Just go to the page of your SOTD, scroll down and click "spray on". I hope this helps!

9 months ago

I'm a newbie here too so I have a question... It's about the photo rules. I read there's a rule "Even if you have beautiful hands - it's better to put the bottles down." - what does that exactly mean? I'm a little bit confused because I saw that just recently for example this pic was added here. I'm asking this because my hobby is to create nail art that matches perfume bottles and I was wondering if it's okay to try to submit those pictures or are they allowed only in my personal album. What is the rule, when hands are allowed in pics and when they are not? Here's a link to my perfume bottle nail pics so you can see what kind of pictures I mean: https://pin.it/5skDLrm

9 months ago 1

Hi @Lempi,

The perfume photos become part of the perfumeโ€™s page so they should serve as a reference. Of course there is room for creativity but (only) the bottle should be the center of attention.

If you want to share your collections or hobbies with the community, that is of course very welcome. And your pics do look great, so please do! The Personal Blog or the Forum would be the best place for that. 

9 months ago
Kurai

Hi @Lempi,

The perfume photos become part of the perfumeโ€™s page so they should serve as a reference. Of course there is room for creativity but (only) the bottle should be the center of attention.

If you want to share your collections or hobbies with the community, that is of course very welcome. And your pics do look great, so please do! The Personal Blog or the Forum would be the best place for that. 

Okay great thanks! I was actually originally thinking that I would create blog articles of some of my pics that include nail art or several bottles in one pic so great to know that such content would be ok. Probably at some point also creating a topic for nail things at the off-topic forum section. โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

9 months ago 1
Lempi
Cathped

Hi Cathped, so nice to see you here, I remember you from Fragrantica ๐Ÿ˜Š Just go to the page of your SOTD, scroll down and click "spray on". I hope this helps!

Thank you, Lempi, my Nordic perfume friend. As you may know, I'm from Norway : )

9 months ago 1
Cathped
Lempi
Cathped

Thank you, Lempi, my Nordic perfume friend. As you may know, I'm from Norway : )

So happy to help, and yes I remember, so wonderful to see other Nordic people here! ๐Ÿฅฐ

9 months ago

Another newbie question... It's about the search. I would like to search perfumes by note combinations, for example "which perfumes contain vanilla, coffee and chocolate". And I mean all those notes in the same perfume. Is there such search option or are you able to search only one note? And are you able to search from your own collection? For example which perfumes in my own collection contain jasmine? Or which perfumes in my own collection were released in 2015? Etc. If these options don't exist yet, should I post a request in the "technical support" section? I think many users would find these very helpful.

9 months ago 2
Lempi

Another newbie question... It's about the search. I would like to search perfumes by note combinations, for example "which perfumes contain vanilla, coffee and chocolate". And I mean all those notes in the same perfume. Is there such search option or are you able to search only one note? And are you able to search from your own collection? For example which perfumes in my own collection contain jasmine? Or which perfumes in my own collection were released in 2015? Etc. If these options don't exist yet, should I post a request in the "technical support" section? I think many users would find these very helpful.

Hi @Lempi

Most of the search options you mention are available either in the 'Advanced Search' section or the 'Profiler'. I will add some screenshots to give an idea. 

By the way, you can sort and group your collection in pretty neat ways. If you sort by release year, for example, you can see all fragrances per year in one view.

Hope this helps.

9 months ago

@Kurai Hey wow, this is superb!! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ‘ I didn't know about profiler, advanced search or grouping my own collection, thank you so much, this helped 100 % ! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™

9 months ago 1

Another question about the photo rules... There's this: "Each Parfumo member may submit a maximum of five separate photographs for a given perfume." But... Now I tried to submit my 4th photo for Womanity (Eau de Parfum)Womanity Eau de Parfum and it said that I can submit only 3 photos ๐Ÿ˜ณ So is it 3 or 5? And if it's really only 3, then please correct it to the rules too. I would have liked to know that in advance... ๐Ÿ˜” And my opinion is that we should definitely be allowed to submit more than 3 pics of each perfume, even 5 seems like a small number to me.

9 months ago
Lempi

Another question about the photo rules... There's this: "Each Parfumo member may submit a maximum of five separate photographs for a given perfume." But... Now I tried to submit my 4th photo for Womanity (Eau de Parfum)Womanity Eau de Parfum and it said that I can submit only 3 photos ๐Ÿ˜ณ So is it 3 or 5? And if it's really only 3, then please correct it to the rules too. I would have liked to know that in advance... ๐Ÿ˜” And my opinion is that we should definitely be allowed to submit more than 3 pics of each perfume, even 5 seems like a small number to me.

Hi @Lempi,

You're right that the rules need to be updated. I don't moderate the photo section, so I am not sure of the reason why the max is now 3. But I guess it has to do with keeping the perfume's front pages as a reference and keeping a varied range of images from different bottles.

In the blog and forum section, you can share as many pics as you like, though. With a lot more room for creativity Smile

9 months ago

If a perfume doesn't have a main photo (or any photo), and you have a clean photo on a blank white background, do you still submit it via the email address for consideration? Or is there somewhere else to do it now? I submitted yesterday for a perfume and haven't seen it updated, although I may just be impatient. Thank you! 

1 - 25 by 56
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Help as a new user
Jump to