Search Forum

Anyone else excited for autumn?

Anyone else excited for autumn? 10 months ago 2

I know it's considered very "basic", but I love autumn so much - it's the season I look forward to most, every year! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ

Is anyone else also excited for autumn? 

Do you have any favorite autumn-related traditions? 

What is your favorite part of fall?

10 months ago 2

I am!  I love summer, but autumn is my favorite.  I look forward to the colors.  This year, we're taking a road trip up the East Coast, from St. Louis to DC to Maine, to visit family and take in the foliage.  

Other stuff: October blue skies, the crispness of the air, the smells of the woods, of drying herbs and baking, bonfires, trips to some of the local wineries with family and friends, the "Girls' Fat Pants & Soup Party" a friend of mine throws every year, when we all bring different soups, wear pajamas and drink wine.  I'm also looking forward to my husband's birthday and my favorite holiday- Halloween.  I refuse to have anything to do with "pumpkin spice" everything though!  

10 months ago 4

I understand your love for autumn! Many people share your excitement for this vibrant season. From the beautiful falling leaves to the cozy atmosphere, autumn holds a special place in our hearts.

As for traditions, there are various ways to celebrate autumn, such as apple picking, pumpkin carving, and enjoying warm beverages like apple cider. My favorite part of fall is witnessing the stunning colors of the changing leaves and the refreshing cooler temperatures.

I hope you have a wonderful time embracing the upcoming fall season and creating cherished memories! ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

10 months ago 3

I am dreading getting closer to Autumn this year after the 9 months of winter we had after summer last year here in Scotland all the way through to this year. We basically skipped Autumn and went straight in to winter weather then earlier this year we never got any Spring weather either. I know Scotland is known for being rainy etc but this is actually far from how it normally is here and just as we got out of that Winter weather for roughly a month and a half we are already back in to winter weather yesterday and today again in the middle of July.

We are sick of it here, itโ€™s depressing! Our plants are suffering along with our mental health and our pets because we canโ€™t take them out to play ball etc.

As much as I enjoy my winter fragrances I donโ€™t want that kind of weather where they are more suitable yet but looking at yesterday and this morning it is like weather we had in December. Absolutely sick of it!

I guess I will enjoy wearing my 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky

Sorry, hope I am not putting a downer on others I have just been looking forward to the nice weather and itโ€™s actually cold enough again that I have to close my windows and wear a jumper, jacket etc when I do get the chance to walk my uncles dog between rain who I only have for another week.

I also have Summer Weather fragrance being delivered ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I guess itโ€™s easier to wear summer fragrance in winter than winter fragrances in summer.

10 months ago 2

I love Autumn as much as Spring! They are both renovative creatively Smile

10 months ago 2

We're less than one month into summer here in northern California, but yes...I'm looking forward to autumn, such as it is out on the west coast. Today it's going to be 106ยบ (F) where I live, and although I love summer freshies, my favorites (and the majority of my fragrances) are those meant for cooler temperatures. 

10 months ago 1

OK,

Now i have something to look forward to about Autumn!

I recently found the channel of the perfume reviewer and not only that but also an actual Perfumer by the name of Aaron Terrence Hughes. When i say perfumer and reviewer i don't mean Jeremy fragrance who has someone make his fragrances, no i mean Aaron is an actual perfumer for a living.

I had been talking with a friend about strawberries recently while discussing our art work and fragrance in general and how we both were looking for a fragrance with a strawberry note in it and i just happened to be looking at some of Aaron's fragrances and found the 2023 version of his "Hard Candy | Aaron Terence Hughes" as he actually was planning on discontinuing this but got so much feedback begging him not to that he actually went and not only created more of the fragrance but improved on it along with its performance. THIS is what perfumers should be doing, unlike many who decide to stop selling their best flankers and replace them with something subpar!

Anyway with my order he sent me a couple of samples which smell amazing BTW, his 2023 release of Legend is stunning, but that is not what has me excited.

One of the samples was simply titled "Autumn Release" and OMG does it smell sooooo goooood!!!!!! I don't know what the official name is going to be, but when it comes out in Autumn whatever it is called i am buying it!

I mean, the fact that he went and rebranded his bottles and improved all his fragrances upon requests from his customers just says it all, imo.

He has a lot of respect from the YouTube reviewers also.

Seriously, if you have not tried any of his stuff you should. I have not been this excited even when i got my Xerjoff fragrances and yeah Soprano and Naxos are good so that is saying something.

9 months ago

I love Autumn but my favorite time of year is Winter. But I am not looking forward to Autumn or Winter this year because we've hardly had any Spring or Summer. Below normal temperatures, lots of rain, and on days where it is nice, lots of smoke from the Canadian wildfires where you had to stay shut up indoors. It's been a total bummer so far. 

9 months ago 1

I'm having a love/hate relationship with Autumn. On the one hand I find it such a beautyful season, but is also makes me very melancholic. Maybe because it means 'saying goodbye to Summer' (my favourite season along with Spring) and because it's introducing Winter, which I really hate. But I DO like the fact that, in Autumn, I again can wear some of my beloved perfumes that may be less suitable for Summer, like Mitsouko and Ysatis, so I just hold on to that thought for comfort Smile

9 months ago 2

I start suffering with SAD in late Autumn so I absolutely hate it, but I love early Autumn and Winter! Winter and Spring are my favourite seasons here in the UK, lots of people seem to hate Winter but you can always wrap up, there's nothing you can really do about extreme Summer heat. The older I get, the less I can stand the heat, maybe it's because I'm quite an active person and it just feels debilitating!

9 months ago 1

too early for me to feel excited. give me another month and then yeah I will be haha

summer is my favorite season, but I love Halloween and cooler weather so early fall is fine. as another SAD sufferer, late fall is less great. 

9 months ago 2
KathrynA66

I am!  I love summer, but autumn is my favorite.  I look forward to the colors.  This year, we're taking a road trip up the East Coast, from St. Louis to DC to Maine, to visit family and take in the foliage.  

Other stuff: October blue skies, the crispness of the air, the smells of the woods, of drying herbs and baking, bonfires, trips to some of the local wineries with family and friends, the "Girls' Fat Pants & Soup Party" a friend of mine throws every year, when we all bring different soups, wear pajamas and drink wine.  I'm also looking forward to my husband's birthday and my favorite holiday- Halloween.  I refuse to have anything to do with "pumpkin spice" everything though!  

@KathrynA66  I enjoyed hearing your traditions, so many unique and fun activities! I love your soup/pajama/wine party with friends, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays too. But I love everything pumpkin spice-related, so I guess that's where we differ lol! Hope you enjoy your fall foliage trip! ๐Ÿ

@Jessica02 I agree with you, watching the fall leaves change colors is so stunning - pure magic! I hope you have a wonderful time this fall season too in creating new memories ๐Ÿ

@Mitchcraft sorry to hear about that, it makes sense given your current lack of warm weather. We are the opposite where I am - triple digit (Farenheit) heat with high humidity, so I'm looking forward to a reprieve. Glad you have a new fragrance to look forward to this fall, always nice to look forward to something!

@Tzapan I am with you in enjoying spring too, and agree that it's enjoyable to see all the changes in both seasons! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@VieilleDame1 I'm so jealous that you only recently started summer! Northern California has gorgeous weather. What are your favorite summer freshies?

@Anamandy so sorry to hear about the Canadian wildfires affecting your air quality and weather where you are - I hope you and your loved ones have stayed safe through it all! ๐Ÿ˜ž Has any of that cleared up yet for you?

@Ringtale I hear you, it can be hard to move into the "darker" or "melancholic" seasons as you said. It's nice to look forward to wearing cold weather fragrances though, and hopefully you enjoy them in the colder months ahead!

@Nicolas78 SAD is so difficult to deal with, so sorry. Completely agree that it's better to "wrap up", whereas in the heat there isn't much else you can do to deal with it! 

@MOONTRIPS lol I get it, my excitement is a bit early! ๐Ÿ˜‚ SAD is definitely not easy, so I'm sorry you have to deal with it - but glad you are able to look forward to Halloween (love it too!) and some of the cooler months. 

9 months ago
Gourmandgrl
KathrynA66

@Mitchcraft sorry to hear about that, it makes sense given your current lack of warm weather. We are the opposite where I am - triple digit (Farenheit) heat with high humidity, so I'm looking forward to a reprieve. Glad you have a new fragrance to look forward to this fall, always nice to look forward to something!

Thank you. Yeah I can imagine being in that heat for several months and needing a break from it. I felt it  when i visited Egypt and other places like Isreal, Cypress and Turkey. But those were holidays for weeks instead of months of enduring it , but even temperatures less than that can make it hard to sleep in. At least when it is cold you can wrap yourself up to get warmer, in the heat however, once you are down to wearing nothing and the bed covers are thrown off the bed there is not much more you can do especially if you live in a country where the high heat like that only lasts a few months at most so you donโ€™t invest in air conditioning making it even harder. 

We are getting closer though, September is only a month away when temperatures start to lower unless you are in the lower hemisphere of course. 

9 months ago

Thank you, Gourmandgrl, it is a little better. The media is not talking about it as much as they were before, so I am assuming Canada has gotten the fires under control. 

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Anyone else excited for autumn?
Jump to