Search Forum

Are there any good Caraway and Tarragon fragrances?

Are there any good Caraway and Tarragon fragrances? 8 months ago

I like to do a bit of cooking now and again and love using spices. Two that I really like are Tarragon and Caraway seeds. I know amber etc is used as a way to describe oriental fragrances, but those 2 spices are the 2 aromas that bring me back to my childhood when my mum and dad used to go to the local Chinese food wholesale store full of, sweets, spices, teas you name it that store had everything you could ask for and was always full of Asian people buying things which said to me, it must have been a good store full of things that truly reminded them of home and allowed them to cook traditional Chinese food rather than European style Chinese takeaway. I just love that smell and have always had a fascination with it. Tonight I was cooking again and using Caraway Seeds and I just thought I have to ask if anyone can direct me to something that has that kind of smell to it. I know people will be surprised when I say this as it's not typically an Oriental fragrance but when in the air Blue JeansBlue Jeans has something in it that gives me that lovely aroma of something that store used to sell, and I just love it. Out of the 2 spices, Tarragon especially gives me the closest association to what I am looking for in its raw form anyway, but both are close to how I remember certain parts of that lovely store smelled like. I don't have any fragrances with those notes prominent to know if they are well replicated in fragrances or not.

A fragrance with both or two separate fragrances would be great. Price ain't an issue, this memory is precious to me.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

8 months ago 1

Normally, Tarragon and Caraway do not go together but there are exceptions:

Acqua Originale - Green NeroliAcqua Originale - Green Neroli

"Fath's Essentials - Green Water (2016) | Jacques Fath"

Separately, you can't go wrong with Caraway in:

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette)Déclaration Eau de Toilette

Angélique NoireAngélique Noire here with Angelica

L'Enfant TerribleL'Enfant Terrible here with Nutmeg

Tarragon is a Fougere and Chypre domain of scents such as:

Scandal pour Homme (Parfum)Scandal pour Homme Parfum here with Lavender and Basil

Chypre AzuralChypre Azural here with Orange

Danger pour Homme (Parfum)Danger pour Homme Parfum

The above are recommended for sampling.

8 months ago 1
Pblonski

The above are recommended for sampling.

Awesome, thanks for this great list of suggestions 🙏. 

I have been meaning to get my hands on some Roja samples soon but wasn’t sure which ones I wanted to try and this reply helps a lot. I also love lavender so that helps with that being a good one to try along with the others suggested  

Thank you 🙏 

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Are there any good Caraway and Tarragon fragrances?
Jump to