Search Forum

Motivation: Mood, Season, Weather or...?

26 - 31 by 31
8 months ago

Normally i wear what i want when i feel like it, especially living in Scotland, where we get a lot more months of colder weather than we do hot. I find it easier to wear fresh fragrances in the winter over winter fragrances in the summer, though, and we have been getting very hot summers since roughly 2016. Because of this, i had to make a change in how i was wearing certain fragrances this summer and have bought a lot of summer fragrances this year. Now i have the task of looking for niche winter fragrances now that summer is on its way out. I have plenty of designer winter style fragrances, but have only just started my niche collecting in the last few months.

8 months ago
Rachelg

While seasons do have an influence, the weather here doesn't fluctuate more than 30 degrees most of the year, so seasonal is less important. It's more just whatever strikes my fancy that morning when I peek into the cabinet. 

Where I live, the temperature can vary 30°F in a day!  

8 months ago 1
KathrynA66

I've lived in places like that most of my life. Only this decade have I lived in a place where a few clouds = 'weather'.

8 months ago
Rachelg
KathrynA66

I've lived in places like that most of my life. Only this decade have I lived in a place where a few clouds = 'weather'.

I'm jealous!!  We've had a long, hot summer, and I'm looking forward to the richer scents of autumn!!

8 months ago 1

Though my collection is far less impressive than that of many people here, I'm affraid I own too many perfumes already....(and I keep buying, always affraid to miss out on 'the one that would please me all the way' and I hate myself for that - it seems so decadent, with all the misery going on in this world Sad ....

But aside from that, I always find it very hard to choose what to wear. And the more perfumes I own, the harder it gets...I love many of my perfumes for so many different reasons!

Except when it is really, really warm outside: Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette)Eau de Rochas (1970) Eau de Toilette is then my best choice without any doubt. I may even love that one more than I love my signature perfume, just wish it would be warm every day of the year Smile

Sometimes cats are my reason, lol Smile! My boyfriend and I are 'living apart together' and he has two lovely cats. And when we go over to his place, I sometimes make sure I wear something with civet in it, I'm really under the impression, they like me better when I wear a perfume with civet in it Smile!

8 months ago

These answers have been really interesting!  Keep 'em coming, please.

26 - 31 by 31
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Motivation: Mood, Season, Weather or...?
Jump to