Search Forum

Did I miss something??? Oud Wood Parfum?

Did I miss something??? Oud Wood Parfum? 5 months ago

I'm not sure if this has already been covered, or whether this is the best place for this thread.... but....

Has Tom Ford released a new Oud Wood? If so, is there any news on it, release dates, reviews, pricing etc?

Having the OG and Intense, I'd be interested in knowing more about that one!

5 months ago

I don’t own any Tom Ford but I do photoshop a lot and that looks like a photoshopped image to me. It may be because I am on my phone but the metal plate looks like something created in photoshop. Again it could be my phone but it looks fake to me. 

5 months ago 1
Mitchcraft

I don’t own any Tom Ford but I do photoshop a lot and that looks like a photoshopped image to me. It may be because I am on my phone but the metal plate looks like something created in photoshop. Again it could be my phone but it looks fake to me. 

I got it from the Tom Ford site! It’s up there now. I’m in the UK and it’s one of the scrolling banner ads.

Not sure Thomas and Co would photoshop products on their own site Smile

5 months ago 2
Tongy
Mitchcraft

I got it from the Tom Ford site! It’s up there now. I’m in the UK and it’s one of the scrolling banner ads.

Ok so the item is probably not fake if it’s on their own website , but lots of companies use photoshop for their products and websites.  I used to create art and banners for promotional items so I know it is a thing. 

5 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
Tongy
Mitchcraft

Ok so the item is probably not fake if it’s on their own website , but lots of companies use photoshop for their products and websites.  I used to create art and banners for promotional items so I know it is a thing. 

Cool, thanks Smile I’m a standard consumer, thanks for your perspective, I wasn’t aware of that before.

5 months ago 1
Tongy
Mitchcraft
Tongy
Mitchcraft

Cool, thanks Smile I’m a standard consumer, thanks for your perspective, I wasn’t aware of that before.

Yeah I am a regular customer also. I don’t know what it is exactly about the metal on the bottle just looks weird to me, like it looks like it’s not real metal if that makes sense? 

Like yourself I looked for the item and got no results so I will be curious to find out if it’s a new release or just some promotional image for a sale or something. 

Maybe googling the image will find us some information on it. 

EDIT: I tried reverse googling the image and just got results with the intense version. I did see the image you are talking about on the official website though. You would think there would be something about it out there if it is indeed a product. 

I dunno mate. I think it’s just for promotion purposes by the looks of things I could be wrong. There are lots of cool videos  on YouTube that test artists by showing you side by side images of real versus fake images and I still get caught out on them lol. 

5 months ago

I hope that it does come out - I’m a big TF fan. I think I have 17 of his houses creations - some of them are discontinued, so pretty rare Smile

5 months ago 2

I do believe that Oud Wood Parfum is one of the new Tom Ford releases coming soon along with Oud Minerale moving to the Signature line. Also the new Vanilla Sex and Vanille Fatale (rerelease) will be making a trio with Tobacco Vanille.

5 months ago 1
Embomb

I do believe that Oud Wood Parfum is one of the new Tom Ford releases coming soon along with Oud Minerale moving to the Signature line. Also the new Vanilla Sex and Vanille Fatale (rerelease) will be making a trio with Tobacco Vanille.

That’s great. I heard rumbles online about another Vanille based addition, and a couple of others.

I’m a massive fan of Oud Minerale, original glass bottle PB line version! I hope they don’t mess with it too much.

I know that it’s a commercial decision, but when you get a bottle and enjoy it, by the time you get around to replacing it…. it’s discontinued :’( so many have been and gone.

I will be:

5 months ago 1
Embomb

Thanks for the help. I am yet to buy a TF fragrance but i have been wanting some nice vanilla fragrances recently so the Vanille Fatale may be up my street.

5 months ago
Tongy

I hope that it does come out - I’m a big TF fan. I think I have 17 of his houses creations - some of them are discontinued, so pretty rare Smile

@Tongy

Nice one. Do you have the one with plum in it by any chance? Plum is one of my favourite notes so i would have loved to get my hands on it.

I like sweet fragrances with vanilla, plum, honey. The Drydown of something like Pegasus ExclusifPegasus Exclusif , CarlisleCarlisle , HaltaneHaltane and HerodHerod are the kind of sweet fragrances i like.

Can you recommend something of his that would be a good starter for my first TF?

Thanks.

5 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
Tongy

I hope that it does come out - I’m a big TF fan. I think I have 17 of his houses creations - some of them are discontinued, so pretty rare Smile

@Tongy

Nice one. Do you have the one with plum in it by any chance? Plum is one of my favourite notes so i would have loved to get my hands on it.

I like sweet fragrances with vanilla, plum, honey. The Drydown of something like Pegasus ExclusifPegasus Exclusif , CarlisleCarlisle , HaltaneHaltane and HerodHerod are the kind of sweet fragrances i like.

Can you recommend something of his that would be a good starter for my first TF?

Thanks.

Sadly, no I don’t (you can look at my collection for what I have). I presume that you are talking about Plum Japonais? You can still get it, but those that sell it know it’s rare and adjust their prices (upwards) accordingly… such is the life of a fragrance fan.

As you can probably tell, I’m an Oud fan Smile

I’ve had Herod for a few years and it’s really nice - lovely velvety feel to it, really rich.

My wife loves Tobacco Vanille, however that can be an acquired taste for some, Vanilla Fatale might be a good shout.

But if you really like Vanilla - have you tried Diors Vanilla Diorama? That is lovely!

5 months ago
Tongy
Mitchcraft
Tongy

@Tongy

Thanks.

Sadly, no I don’t (you can look at my collection for what I have). I presume that you are talking about Plum Japonais? You can still get it, but those that sell it know it’s rare and adjust their prices (upwards) accordingly… such is the life of a fragrance fan.

I’ve had Herod for a few years and it’s really nice - lovely velvety feel to it, really rich.

My wife loves Tobacco Vanille, however that can be an acquired taste for some, Vanilla Fatale might be a good shout.

But if you really like Vanilla - have you tried Diors Vanilla Diorama? That is lovely!

No i have not tried that but thanks for the suggestion. I have been meaning to add some Doir to my collection so i will put that on my watchlist thanks.

Oh wow Bourbon Vanilla and Rum now that is a note combination i will very much enjoy. 🤩

5 months ago
Mitchcraft
Tongy
Mitchcraft
Tongy

@Tongy

Thanks.

No i have not tried that but thanks for the suggestion. I have been meaning to add some Doir to my collection so i will put that on my watchlist thanks.

Oh wow Bourbon Vanilla and Rum now that is a note combination i will very much enjoy. 🤩

Let us know how you get on Smile

1 month ago
Yes, Tom Ford has released a new version of Oud Wood called Oud Wood Parfum. It offers a richer and more intense interpretation of the original fragrance. Keep an eye out for release dates, reviews, and pricing. If you're a fan of luxury perfumes, this could be an exciting addition to your collection.
1 month ago
Layla54
Yes, Tom Ford has released a new version of Oud Wood called Oud Wood Parfum. It offers a richer and more intense interpretation of the original fragrance. Keep an eye out for release dates, reviews, and pricing. If you're a fan of luxury perfumes, this could be an exciting addition to your collection.

Yes, thanks Smile I posted this 4 months ago!

I won’t be buying it - it’s a bit pricey for something I have already unless it’s massively better I won’t be buying at this price.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Did I miss something??? Oud Wood Parfum?
Jump to