Search Forum

Do you store your frag in the box?

1 - 25 by 40
Do you store your frag in the box? 5 months ago

I have a modest collection of nice frags, and was wondering if anyone else (like me) keeps and stores their acquisitions in the original box. Whether it’s to keep them from being affected by light, or dust and keep them pristine condition for yourself or potential future resale.

Some are too nice to get rid of and for me add to the experience of ownership Smile

Does anyone else keep the boxes for their frags?

5 months ago 2

Hi there, I keep most of my boxes too. The really precious ones I store in their box. But yeah, when the bottle is pretty, it deserves to be seen! 

Another reason why I keep the boxes is because I might sell some of my perfumes after a while - to unclutter my collection. I assume buyers prefer perfumes in their original box; at least I would.

5 months ago

Since nobody but myself is seeing them, i keep them in the box, just because i have always been told they will last longer by doing so. There is one out of the box, or can i should say Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette)Le Mâle Eau de Toilette . Not sure why tbh lol.

5 months ago

I suppose it comes down to whether the packaging is worthy of presentation.

My main concern is that I have limited space - with the size of them I could double up on the number I have!…damnit…

5 months ago

Yes. I live abroad so need to travel from time to time, and I feel the fragrances are safer in their box (some of them even have fitting interior such as L'HommeL'Homme or Black XS (Eau de Toilette)Black XS Eau de Toilette )

5 months ago

At the moment, my collection is quite small, so I wear all of my frags on a regular basis and it would be inconvenient to have to take them in and out of the boxes all the time - plus I like having the bottles on display. I hadn't considered the effect keeping them boxed might have on longevity, and now I'm wondering if I'm wrong to do so!

I keep all the boxes though, in case I ever need to sell or transport them.

5 months ago 1

I display mine inside of a cabinet (with Christmas lights under a glass tiered shelf that are there just for occasional enjoyment), but at some point during my collecting I started keeping the boxes just in case I want to rehome them. There are way too many for me to store in their boxes. Most boxes I collapse and keep in cardboard boxes on top of the cabinet.

5 months ago
Obliterkate

I display mine inside of a cabinet (with Christmas lights under a glass tiered shelf that are there just for occasional enjoyment), but at some point during my collecting I started keeping the boxes just in case I want to rehome them. There are way too many for me to store in their boxes. Most boxes I collapse and keep in cardboard boxes on top of the cabinet.

Well, with a collection as impressive as yours - I’d hope you had a good place to show them off! We share a few, and my wife has a few of your Tom Fords.

I throw most of mine away, only the ones that I consider a) expensive enough to want to protect and b) with a box worth keeping - do l keep.

I am running out of space but some I can’t seem to bring myself to get rid of Smile

5 months ago 1
ScentNebula

At the moment, my collection is quite small, so I wear all of my frags on a regular basis and it would be inconvenient to have to take them in and out of the boxes all the time - plus I like having the bottles on display. I hadn't considered the effect keeping them boxed might have on longevity, and now I'm wondering if I'm wrong to do so!

I keep all the boxes though, in case I ever need to sell or transport them.

I am not sure of the rate at which a frag weakens, it might be fast or slow, but for my pricier ones I would rather not take that chance!

5 months ago

I used to keep them in the boxes until I got too many. I keep the boxes so they they're easy to pack if I move again. I actually appreciate the glass art (flacon/bottle). 

5 months ago

I love displaying my perfumes in my bookcase so they,re all out of their box, but I keep the boxes if I ever need to move or sell them.

5 months ago

Definitelyy keeping my fragrances in boxes due to that all of my rooms get a lot of natural light.

Within a few months I'll probably do it without due to my new refrigerator solely for my perfume collection.

5 months ago

I am fast running out of space to store mine now Sad

Some have large boxes that are just too pretty to get rid of, I’m having to be creative and create some kind of skyline  by stacking some of them upwards, whilst trying to run down frag that I wouldn’t replace.

Damn you, Amouage, Roja and Tom Ford you magnificent b**tards Smile

5 months ago
Desro

Definitelyy keeping my fragrances in boxes due to that all of my rooms get a lot of natural light.

Within a few months I'll probably do it without due to my new refrigerator solely for my perfume collection.

A fridge for your frags?

4 months ago

I wear all of my perfumes regularly - my collection isn’t too huge probably under or around 20- so I keep the bottles out. Plus, some of them are really pretty and isn’t that part of the whole hobby and art - the bottles? Seems like a pity to keep those hidden away. I have read though that it’s best to store them cool and dark, and in the box is a great way to do that. I used to keep the boxes but I live in a small apartment and have been declutterring lately and just threw the boxes out. 🤷‍♀️

4 months ago

With as many as I have in my collection, it would be a stupid idea. 😉

4 months ago

I keep a lot of boxes, In case I wanna sell them later. But I have all of them in a cabinet on mirror plates, the perfume bottles really are a work of art. I enjoy seeing all the different sizes, shapes, colors and brands together. 

4 months ago

I have a beautiful counter in the bathroom; it would be a waste not to display my perfumes there. However, I'm trying to vary what I wear and don't want the hassle of taking them out of their boxes three times a day. I know I knowwww you’re not supposed keep them in the bathroom due to humidity levels and so on. But my bathroom is well vented so… oh well, gonna ride that wave.

4 months ago
Kikolja

I have a beautiful counter in the bathroom; it would be a waste not to display my perfumes there. However, I'm trying to vary what I wear and don't want the hassle of taking them out of their boxes three times a day. I know I knowwww you’re not supposed keep them in the bathroom due to humidity levels and so on. But my bathroom is well vented so… oh well, gonna ride that wave.

Keep them where you like, they are yours to do with as you please!

4 months ago
Flaconneur

With as many as I have in my collection, it would be a stupid idea. 😉

Haha yes, you’d need a room of its own Smile

4 months ago

Unless the box falls apart, I always keep them in their original box. Some even have the price tag still on them. I don't do this to protect the juice or to sell them afterwards. I also don't care if the box is pretty, if it's made of plastic, cardboard, wood, or it's a simple bag made of soft cloth. I still keep them in their original packaging. I kind of think of the boxes (or bags) as part of the fragrance, they belong together.  I do tend to forget some fragrances on the back, but I "re-discover" them when I clean and organise the shelves. 

4 months ago 1

I always keep my collection at about 30 bottles, which is not much but already a lot too. Keeping them in their boxes would be annoying. At some point I used to keep fragrances I wasn't wearing at the moment in their boxes but I stopped because I enjoy having them on display, and I was making rotations too often anyway. Also, it would double the space, while I enjoy having all my frags all at the same spot (on my desk). I know someone who has fragrances displayed everywhere in his house though. 

I wear fragrances on a daily basis, sometimes different fragrances at the same time on different spots, I spray perfume on scarves, carrés de soie, drapes... Because I use my fragrances so much I don't really care about longevity as long as I keep them away from humidity and light. Sometimes I can finish 2-4 bottles in a month. But I know that if I don't intend on wearing a bottle for some time I will keep it in its box then.

so the boxes mostly come useful for transport and reselling for now yes. Also I just really enjoy pretty packaging and reading the texts when there are some. I can't even throw away empty bottles and their boxes yet... But I will have to when I have too many. 

4 months ago 1

Once I start using a bottle I ALWAYS keep it out of its box unless I don't intend to use it anymore.

Knowing I'll have to take it out of the box to wear it instead of just picking it up and spraying it, especially if the box is fancy and all, just turns me off from wearing it, which I find inconvenient and annoying.

Plus, as Kurai nicely put, nice bottles deserve to be seen!

4 months ago

Box i think it's the best way, but i like to let them out for manceration purposes.

4 months ago

I keep my bottles in the box, but also have perfumes bought without a box. All my perfumes are in a locked cupboard.
If a box takes too much time to open (e.g. Clive Christian), I make a sample for daily use.

1 - 25 by 40
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Do you store your frag in the box?
Jump to