Search Forum

Do you store your frag in the box?

26 - 40 by 40
4 months ago

always in the box it came in,that can sometimes be 2-3 layers.when applying a perfume part of the experience for me is taking it out of the packaging every time.   any perfumes bought without  a box get put in any box i can find. several of my bottles are in old mobile phone boxes and one bottle in a covid test kit box.

4 months ago

"when applying a perfume part of the experience for me is taking it out of the packaging every time." - Fulaan.   

This is the same for me.

28 days ago

I've always kept my perfumes in their boxes, but I am quickly running out of space. Some boxes are silly large. 

27 days ago
Yes, I store my fragrances in custom perfume packaging boxes. They help preserve the scent by protecting them from light and dust, maintaining their pristine condition for future use or potential resale. Plus, keeping the original boxes enhances the ownership experience for me.
24 days ago

I keep mine in a cabinet out of the box but am considering putting them back in after I heard a horror story about someone who kept them the same way and the leg of her cabinet broke and all the perfumes crashed to the ground, breaking most of the bottles along with the glass shelves they were on. Besides the loss of the perfumes, she also had such a big mess to clean up that she had to call in a specialty cleaning service that deals with disaster cleanups, like after fires and floods. The loss was literally in the thousands of $s. 

24 days ago
Anamandy

I keep mine in a cabinet out of the box but am considering putting them back in after I heard a horror story about someone who kept them the same way and the leg of her cabinet broke and all the perfumes crashed to the ground, breaking most of the bottles along with the glass shelves they were on. Besides the loss of the perfumes, she also had such a big mess to clean up that she had to call in a specialty cleaning service that deals with disaster cleanups, like after fires and floods. The loss was literally in the thousands of $s. 

I can understand that, given how many you have! I hope that you have yours insured as well. That is quite something!

I only have my more premium fragrances in their boxes. All of my Tom Ford private blends and Amouages, but not my Encre Noire or Givenchys.

Some packaging is ridiculously large and I just don’t have the space to keep it….also, some packaging is better quality than others, and I enjoy the premiumness as part of the experience of ownership.

24 days ago
5000ml

I've always kept my perfumes in their boxes, but I am quickly running out of space. Some boxes are silly large. 

Ditto, my dressing table is looking ridiculous - people would think I’d have a problem Smile

24 days ago

I don't keep them in the original packaging unless I plan to swap/sell them soon and I don't use them.

If I use them, it's a waste of time putting the fragrance in and out all the time, plus the box gets damaged... I don't care much about boxes in general, but some are too precious, such as Light Blue pour Homme Summer VibesLight Blue pour Homme Summer Vibes.

I don't have a place or a shelf where they are visible, I keep almost all of them in a closet, so they are already in a dark and cold place.

21 days ago

I always keep my fragrances in their original boxes! It helps protect them from light and dust, keeping them in top condition. Plus, there's something special about unboxing a new fragrance—it adds to the whole experience. And for those scents I don't use often, having them stored safely in perfume boxes gives me peace of mind.

12 days ago

I keep them in their boxes. 

12 days ago
Tongy

I have a modest collection of nice frags, and was wondering if anyone else (like me) keeps and stores their acquisitions in the original box. Whether it’s to keep them from being affected by light, or dust and keep them pristine condition for yourself or potential future resale.

Some are too nice to get rid of and for me add to the experience of ownership Smile

Does anyone else keep the boxes for their frags?

I'm reaching around 70 bottles right now and it would be a massive waste of space to keep boxes for all of them. Not all fragrances have a simple cardboard slim box. Some are and big and complex as they want to offer a premium unboxing experience also, especially some of the niche ones. I do, however, keep my fragrances in a dressing , away from light, heat and humidity and that does make a difference. I have 10 year old bottles and the liquid is in pristine condition. Cheers. 

7 days ago

Yup, always in the box, it's better for the perfume's conservation.

But it's not mandatory as long your perfume is in a dry and dark place Smile

5 days ago

Yes I do. Not only because it's better for the perfume, but also in case I don't use it that often and am thinking of giving it to someone else who does like it more than I do. It's nicer, I think, to get (and to give) a perfume in it's box 😉.

2 days ago

I used to, now they are all outside, I keep them in a dark room – bedroom, so they almost never see sunlight, rarely from a small crack in the blinds 😂

2 days ago

No, but they are in a dark (no window) walk-in closet.

26 - 40 by 40
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Do you store your frag in the box?
Jump to