Search Forum

Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)

226 - 250 by 267
7 months ago 1

Hello everyone, my name is Rodrigo, I'm from Portugal and I'm here know more about perfumes an it's world. I've been a perfume user all my life, but just at 43 yo this has become a hobby. For me there's jus two kinds of perfumes: the good and the bad. So it doesn't matter if it's niche, premium, designer. I just want to learn the maximum I can about this.

7 months ago

It is never too late to fall in love with perfume.  Welcome, Rodrigo!  πŸ™‚

6 months ago 4

Hey all, my name is Anna I am 29 and I live in Greece. Anya is a nickname a friend gave me back in university so I thought why not use it? . I guess I am another refugee from Fragrantica in which I couldn't stand participating anymore.

I am married and I have a Persian cat which I consider my baby. I love metal music, gaming, board games and miniatures. I also enjoy caring for my plants.

I do not have a vast knowledge of perfumes since my family wasn't really keen on them. I grew up in a very small village so the chances of trying perfumes were slim to none. Therefore many of my perfumes were blind buys. However I love reading reviews about them and discovering new scents. My collection grew during covid period but currently I focus on scents and notes that suit my taste.

I joined Parfumo to be a member of a friendly and helpful community. So far I truly enjoy how collection and reviews work and also discovering many features fragrantica lacks of.

I am looking forward to meeting you and sharing our experiences!

🀘

6 months ago 1

Welcome, Anya, I hope you enjoy the site and share some reviews with the rest of us.  πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Oriane 

6 months ago 2

My beloved @AnyaK i am really happy to see you here too!. πŸ₯° πŸ±

I llllove your cat!!. <3. Your taste on fragnances is acurate always!. You know what you are talking about and always seek for new special scents. Here i find Parfumo cool and friendly place until so far unlike greek fragnatica which failed us with it's shady behaviour. May Parfumo give us back the joy, excitement and hospitality that fragnatica took from us. I wish more greek members move permantly to Parfumo. 

My love to you Anna!. <3 

6 months ago 3

@Oriane and @Nidodelia thank you both for the warm greeting! I am very pleased to read such detailed reviews here. Everyone seems to know what they're talking about and that's what I was I was missing from the previous forum. I appreciate kindness and good nature.

@Nidodelia it's nice to see a familiar face ! I think we'll already feel and communicate better here. Can't wait for your reviews! I ll try to 'transfer' mine here gradually. If I talk to some of our old friends I'll let them know we are here. We'll also be able to post photos finally !

❀️

6 months ago 3

Dear @AnyaK Me too dear Anya!. I feel comfortable and content to see you at Parfumo. I have the strong feeling of freedom and joy being here and leaving that awful place and i am not exaggerating at all. 

I I like that Parfumo has a longer well informed list of fragrances, I still remember our prompts on the other site to add familiar, even common fragrances that were missing and they never did it. I also like that Parfumo has features that make it easier for members to navigate like the Assistant which is an innovative tool and valid when using it. I still like that we have the option to communicate directly with each other through the subscription tool, it's something that makes the contact between users direct, real and instant and we are not alienated like the other unfriendly site. Finally, I agree that there is an emphasis here on discussing fragrances and that is the focus of the site. The reviews from Parfumo members are generally well written and balanced and I do agree with you that the members here who talk about fragrances know exactly what they are talking about. I'm sick of the superficial, verbose, wordless over-enthusiastic with sloppy wording and slang writing style reviews of the other site. Here I feel like there are reasonable people and I had missed terribly this sense.. I'll start writing reviews obviously, they deleted my reviews on the other site you are already aware of this act. I'll try to write my reviews again though it's a painful and time - consuming process it is not an easy task to do. You remember my texts i believe. It was far away from the useless expressions like "I hate this black bottle!" or "Y YSL smells like rotten seaweed!" You know exactly whant i am talking about with these sepcific examples.  I'll continue with new reviews here if i cannot re - write my reviews. I'll be happy to see yours which were direct, on topic and well written.

May our old friends at Parfumo follow us. I think they fit here better i feel.
My love and lots of hugs Anna!. πŸ₯°πŸ’

6 months ago

Dear @AnyaK, I know I already welcomed you in the other thread, but indeed so great to have you here, seems that this will be a "Fragrantica Refugees United" community πŸ˜πŸ™ŒπŸ’‹ How nice to know lovely details about you, I'm also a great fan of metal music and cats too by the way! 😻🎸

6 months ago 1

Hello everyone, I'm another fragrantica refugee, and I'm currently feeling quite deflated from my experiences over on the f site, so it might take me a little while to work up the courage to engage with the community here.

I'm new to the hobby but have been fascinated by and studying fragrances for years. In spite of my lengthy fascination, I have only just received my first ever fragrances in the mail. I'm in Australia, where it can be hard to find some fragrances, since we can only buy from specific shops due to shipping regulations.

I am very open minded about fragrances, and not just because I'm a newbie! I'm non-binary and really have no preferences when it comes to the "gender" of fragrances, I believe I can appreciate any fragrance regardless of the gender it's marketed to. Although, amusingly, most of the ones I find myself interested in based on the notes are marketed as unisex.

I also don't believe in categories like mainstream/niche/designer, the only difference it makes to me is "can I afford a full bottle of this or not". I still don't really understand what makes something a niche fragrance, because some are obvious (like Zoologist) but then I hear people referring to other fragrances that are incredibly popular and likeable as "niche" when the only thing I can see that would possibly make them niche is an extremely high price tag. There's obviously sometimes difference in the quality of blending and such, but it seems like expensive fragrances are just as likely to be poorly made as any other kind. So I really don't understand or care about categories like that. I even suspect a lot of very "sophisticated" fragrances would smell like disinfectant to me πŸ€£

6 months ago 1
ScentNebula

Hello everyone, I'm another fragrantica refugee, and I'm currently feeling quite deflated from my experiences over on the f site, so it might take me a little while to work up the courage to engage with the community here.

I'm new to the hobby but have been fascinated by and studying fragrances for years. In spite of my lengthy fascination, I have only just received my first ever fragrances in the mail. I'm in Australia, where it can be hard to find some fragrances, since we can only buy from specific shops due to shipping regulations.

I am very open minded about fragrances, and not just because I'm a newbie! I'm non-binary and really have no preferences when it comes to the "gender" of fragrances, I believe I can appreciate any fragrance regardless of the gender it's marketed to. Although, amusingly, most of the ones I find myself interested in based on the notes are marketed as unisex.

I also don't believe in categories like mainstream/niche/designer, the only difference it makes to me is "can I afford a full bottle of this or not". I still don't really understand what makes something a niche fragrance, because some are obvious (like Zoologist) but then I hear people referring to other fragrances that are incredibly popular and likeable as "niche" when the only thing I can see that would possibly make them niche is an extremely high price tag. There's obviously sometimes difference in the quality of blending and such, but it seems like expensive fragrances are just as likely to be poorly made as any other kind. So I really don't understand or care about categories like that. I even suspect a lot of very "sophisticated" fragrances would smell like disinfectant to me πŸ€£

Hey! Nice to have y'all here!

The influx of f-refugees to parfumo is slow but constant.

The state of overwhelming deflation is what I would describe myslef way back when f-site was getting unbearable for me. No need to mention anything specific but I think you'll probably pinpoint what the issues were. 

Anyway! I'm also a big fan of unisex/not-gendered perfumery as well. There are days when I want to smell like industrial plant or some ephemeral, fleeting concept. 

The whole sheabang around niche/mainstream is, I believe, rooted in elitism. I would imagine people aspire to have nice things for their hard-earned money.  Perfumes are luxurious goods (fact) and as such they command a higher, very often unreasonable to common people, price (less of a fact, more opinion).You can call it gentry, bourgeoisie, upper-class or snobery and in some circles it will always be treated as sine qua non of certain lifestyle in order to differentiate from the masses. The internet and the f-page are no different. Without getting into the intricacies of gatekeeping the "perfume world" (to protect the quality and esteem perhaps?) or cloning popular fragrances by lesser-known companies (to bring the joy of fragrances to the less wealthy) the niche/mainstream are usually a nice indicator of what you would expect from a fragrance. Of course there are some indie brands that make some great scents with little or no recognition and mainstream conglomerates making very boring and derivative blends in order to put a $$$ price tag.

I would 100% agree to the "can I afford a full bottle" litmus test! 

6 months ago 1

Hello everyone, My name is Red, I'm from France. 

I like selling, buying and of course malingre My small collection growing and Discovery New fragrances.

Nice to meet you all πŸ‘‹

6 months ago

Hello @RedPerfume and welcome to Parfumo Community. I hope you enjoy your time here. If there is anything you would like to ask or if you have any questions don't hesitate to send me to help you. Cheers!. πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

Last edited by ExUser on 14.11.2023, 01:12; edited 1 time in total
6 months ago 1

Welcome to all newcomers! Great to have you here. 

Parfumo does not only have a lovely community, the platform also has some great features. Like the Parfumo assistant, an advanced search function and a forum with lots of information. Take a moment to get familiar with all of them and feel free to reach out if you have any questions! Have fun ✌

5 months ago

Well I just discovered the wallpaper and logo customisation features... I know it might seem silly but I really love that!

5 months ago

Hello everyone,

Another member who decided for good to leave the greek fragnatica and settle in the Parfumo Community. I am happy to meet pleasant, positive people who share the same passion for fragnance. I want to say hello to dear Nidodelia & AnyaK who I know from the site we used to be on and I'm glad to see them here. I hope everything will be better in Parfumo. 

Warm regards πŸ₯°

5 months ago

hi @Milesscents and welcome to Parfumo. Good to see the influx of Greek friends. Enjoy your time here. Cheers ✌

4 months ago 1

Hi, perfume lovers and enthusiasts!
I'm Ilona and I'm happy to be a part of this warm communityπŸ€— I moved to the Netherlands a year ago and started to collect fragrances here. My hobby started in 2021 during the pandemic, when I decided to try blindly some new decants by post. I bought it in Russia from one nice collector. Since that time I can't stop exploring more and more fragrances!πŸ˜„ Being that person who loves trying new, the amount of decants and travel sizes in my collection is more than bottles. But I don't see anything shameful in having a huge amount of decants, which you can use any time you want or just to sniff it or compare them to other fragrances. And of course, sometimes I make some clearance. 

Also, I love to share, you can always ask me (I haven't had time to post it here in Souk yet)

Nice to meet you all! I'd love to chat about fragrances, so feel free to message me😊

4 months ago 1

Welcome, llona.  I agree that decants are a great way to experience many fragrances and to help one decide which fragrances may be full bottle worthy!  

4 months ago

Hello everyone! I have been interested in perfumes (fragrances) for as long as I can remember. I am a perfume enthusiast and I am familiar with the perfume spectrum, from light, fresh like pure cotton and citrus, to leather and oud perfumes, I am curious about old and new perfume productions, and I constantly want to discover more perfumes...

I'm going through the different features of this site and the different topics and I'm very slowly getting the hang of it. I'm glad that I'm writing this greeting here πŸ€—.

4 months ago 1

Hello VintageBatch.  Glad to have you.  Hope you enjoy your time here.  πŸ™‚

4 months ago

Hi everyone,

My name is Richet, 54 years old man who lives in Deutschland and is very passional with perfumery.

Pleased to meet you all! β˜ΊοΈ

4 months ago

Hello Richet, welcome to Parfumo.  I hope you enjoy the site.  πŸ™‚

4 months ago

Hello! I am new to fragrances. I'm really enjoying my olfactory explorations! I love how fragrance can be both transportive and grounding, taking you to another place and feeling or reinforcing the present moment. I grew up in a family where everyone had their one bottle of perfume and that was that. My dad wore Brut, my mom wore Elizabeth Taylor Passion, my sister wore Anais Anais, and my grandmother wore Jean NatΓ©. That was the extent of my fragrance world! It has been wonderful trying many different fragrances and building a small collection so that I can choose my fragrance mood for the day. I'm also fascinated by the connection between scent and memory and have started assigning new scents to wear when I travel so I can associate that fragrance with those experiences.

I hope to contribute to building up the Parfumo community as it is a much better option over other fragrance online communities!

4 months ago 1

Nice to have you here, Ressikan.  I hope you enjoy the site.  πŸ™‚

4 months ago

Hi !
I am Ms Dibyajyoti Borgohain , a government registered distiller of Agarwood oil from Assam,India. I am here to learn more about perfumery 

226 - 250 by 267
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)
Jump to