Search Forum

Genuine question: why are sold items still up in the Souk?

Genuine question: why are sold items still up in the Souk? 3 months ago 2

Hello all!

I have a question I have been thinking about for quite some time, and I’m hoping someone might explain it to me. 
When I search the Souk and I find an offer there, the perfume is already sold and the seller has only put “SOLD”, or “Verkauft” in the ad. And sometimes the seller hasn’t even put in the ad that it is already sold. 

Why doesn’t the seller simply delete the ad? Is it not possible to do it? I am genuinely wondering if there might be a reason why sold objects remain in the Souk, since I haven’t sold a perfume yet I don’t have that kind of insight. 

Thank you!!

3 months ago 2

Hi!

I've been wondering the same thing myself and to be honest, this has been a source of disappointment for me bc when I see a perfume that I've been searching for a long time, I get so happy 😁to see the offer only to click on it and see that it has been sold😔. I'd prefer not to have seen it at all! This is the reason why, when I have sold a perfume, I delete the offer from the souk asap, so yes, it is possible to delete it. Of course, I only speak for myself and don't know if there's a tradition of keeping the offer visible long after the bottle is gone. If so, can someone with more souk experience enlighten us?

Regards

3 months ago 1
Cocopah

Hi!

I've been wondering the same thing myself and to be honest, this has been a source of disappointment for me bc when I see a perfume that I've been searching for a long time, I get so happy 😁to see the offer only to click on it and see that it has been sold😔. I'd prefer not to have seen it at all! This is the reason why, when I have sold a perfume, I delete the offer from the souk asap, so yes, it is possible to delete it. Of course, I only speak for myself and don't know if there's a tradition of keeping the offer visible long after the bottle is gone. If so, can someone with more souk experience enlighten us?

Regards

Ok there IS an option to delete??? Then I really don’t understand why it’s left up. It must be annoying when people contact wanting to buy an item that you already sold a while ago? Thank you for actually deleting your sold offers, it is appreciated. There’s been so many times I’ve written to someone and I’m really eager to buy their fragrance, and it’s sold.. and then I forget about it, and after a while I start searching the Souk for said perfume, and I contact the same vendors again and ask the same questions. 🤣 but why not remove the offer straight away? Why leave it there at all? 
But maybe someone can enlighten us? I hope so! I’m not so active on Parfumo and the Souk (I only buy, never sell), so I don’t know if there are unwritten rules that I am aware of.

take care!

3 months ago 1

Hi, thx! 

3 months ago 3

I keep sold items until the buyer received perfume for his/her reference and comfort. I think it’s kind of courtesy- keep original ad, pictures, price so that if there are any complaints we can both reference the original ad. 

3 months ago 2
Guszi

I keep sold items until the buyer received perfume for his/her reference and comfort. I think it’s kind of courtesy- keep original ad, pictures, price so that if there are any complaints we can both reference the original ad. 

Thank you for your input. That probably means that it is the norm to keep the ad up until the buyer receives the package. 

2 months ago

I assume that the sellers also do this so that you can come to their market and look at other offers. I also don’t like that ads are not deleted immediately after payment.

In my opinion, it is better to discuss all the details of the purchase in private messages, because the correspondence cannot be edited, unlike an advertisement 🙂

2 months ago
Amaretto

I assume that the sellers also do this so that you can come to their market and look at other offers. I also don’t like that ads are not deleted immediately after payment.

In my opinion, it is better to discuss all the details of the purchase in private messages, because the correspondence cannot be edited, unlike an advertisement 🙂

Yeah, I’m thinking that SOME do this! It’s a bit peculiar. Especially when I see an object that I bought last summer is still in the Souk. Why not just simply remove it? But you might be right that some do it so that you might look at their other fragrances that they’re looking to sell.

But some might still have it up just until the deal is done and the package has reached its destination, and then they remove it. But yes, it is a bit odd to still have an ad up a long time after the sale is complete.

2 months ago

Agreed. I find one positive thing about the sold items being still there, although I imagine it's certainly not why the sellers keep them: some leave the price after selling the item, and this helps other sellers and buyers seeking that perfume to see what the "market" price is.

Generally, the souk is great because it offers the chance to chase a particular perfume, which is something not available on other sites. However, we can't see the picture before clicking, so if I want a whole bottle, I don't want to click on those ads selling leftovers.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Genuine question: why are sold items still up in the Souk?
Jump to