Search Forum

Some thoughts about cats and dogs

401 - 425 by 529
Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die 11 years ago
WolfM:

YES YES YES
Adopt a handicapped pet! Don't turn away out of hand! 11 years ago

ASPCA THERAPY CAT OF THE YEAR~Scooter moves around on his custom-made wheelcart- is a therapy cat who gives those who feel sick love & new hope. This special kitty has inspired so many with his stories. Scooter, 5, has brought much more than just cuteness to patients, many in wheelchairs. He brings happiness & hope. After meeting Scooter, a man said “I’m an idiot for feeling sorry for myself,” Scooter is now giving others a 2ND chance at life just like his. If he can do it, so can I. AMAZING!
11 years ago
Very Happy
KEEP THEM SAFE INSIDE THIS HALLOWEEN 11 years ago
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I recently read that attempted adoptions of black cats goes up dramatically in the weeks leading up to Halloween. This unnatural spike in adoptions has led many of our local shelters to refuse to rehome black cats/kittens during the month of October.

I agree with this one. Also even dogs I think should be kept indoors on Halloween.

There seems to be always (in the USA at least) some large activity of animal cruelty and other horrifying acts that go on around Halloween.

We have to protect our pets from the lunatics out there.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I recently read that attempted adoptions of black cats goes up dramatically in the weeks leading up to Halloween. This unnatural spike in adoptions has led many of our local shelters to refuse to rehome black cats/kittens during the month of October.

This is very true. This couple in my local area had been searching for only black kittens from people that would advertise free kittens. They would then pierce the kittens ear and put what they called a "cute piercing earring" in the kittens ear. They then were selling the kittens just in time for Halloween. Needless to say, they were arrested.
These are also known as "Gothic kittens". It's pretty sick, but it's all over the internet. It pretty much turns my stomach that people do this to animals. It's not cute at all.
11 years ago
FloraMilena:

Also even dogs I think should be kept indoors on Halloween.

There seems to be always (in the USA at least) some large activity of animal cruelty and other horrifying acts that go on around Halloween.

We have to protect our pets from the lunatics out there.

Absolutely. Without a question. I won't even let my dogs in my yard without supervision anymore. My cats are home-bound and never outside. A few years back, I owned a white German Shepherd that was abducted from me. I'll never forget Thor. It took me over two years to even think of getting a dog again after that incident. Our pets give us so much and ask for so little in return. We can give them our protection as they protect us with their lives all the time.
10 years ago
10 years ago
That was too funny...my cats rule over my dogs all the time too!
10 years ago
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkIMUfamxI

I would love for someone to do an age progression video montage to hear how the roar develops over time.
10 years ago
Inexplicably, MY CATS LET ME SLEEP UNTIL 9:45 THIS MORNING.

I have been through the ringer recently, healthwise.. First a URI a few weeks ago that knocked me OUT for a few days, then just as the coughing is subsiding, I get the worst stomach flu of my life, up all night and next morning visiting the loo 50 times for both reasons. Then when the deluge finally ended, I slept for 18 hours, only getting up once to tend to the felines and drink water. I am finally feeling back to normal and they gave me two extra hours of sleep today. God bless 'em. I wish I could give them all a starbucks "thank you" gift card. Sometimes pets are so cool.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Inexplicably, MY CATS LET ME SLEEP UNTIL 9:45 THIS MORNING.

I have been through the ringer recently, healthwise.. First a URI a few weeks ago that knocked me OUT for a few days, then just as the coughing is subsiding, I get the worst stomach flu of my life, up all night and next morning visiting the loo 50 times for both reasons. Then when the deluge finally ended, I slept for 18 hours, only getting up once to tend to the felines and drink water. I am finally feeling back to normal and they gave me two extra hours of sleep today. God bless 'em. I wish I could give them all a starbucks "thank you" gift card. Sometimes pets are so cool.

I don't think that it's inexplicable! Cats are very intuitive. HRH Emperor Oliver used to provide lots of moral support whenever I was ill!

Glad that you are feeling better--keep the kitties close to you!
Smile
10 years ago
Awww, your sweet Oliver, I can tell he was very tuned into you. He knew he was loved and reciprocated accordingly.

And you are so right, they are very intuitive. My oldest cat usually yells at me at short intervals as I prepare their breakfast, change the water bowls, etc., but Friday morning when I could barely function, he didn't make a peep.
10 years ago

10 years ago
10 years ago
Didn't someone say "Cats Rule" Confused:

Proof Razz
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs
10 years ago
Cincy:
Didn't someone say "Cats Rule" Confused:

Proof Razz
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs

Hilarious! What a great way to start the day!

Laughing
10 years ago
I have been enjoying my cats' winter coats. That plush, luxurious fur, it's the best! Smile
10 years ago
10 years ago
Awwww, even looking like murderous tyrants, they are gorgeous!
10 years ago
10 years ago
WolfM:

Hydrotherapy helped HRH Emperor Oliver a lot with his neuropathy. At first he was wary of the idea of a bath, but then he came to look forward to the prospect of soaking in a tub of lavender-scented suds...

Very Happy
401 - 425 by 529
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Some thoughts about cats and dogs
Jump to