Search Forum

Which scent would Dorian Gray love ?

Which scent would Dorian Gray love ? 12 years ago
Hello Everyone

Dorian Gray is my favourite character in the field of literature and I sometimes wonder which kind of perfume he would wear.

Something slightly animalistic maybe ? Woody, dark ? Or would he be more into leather or even into a floral touch ?

When I smell "Back to Black" by Kilian he comes into my mind immediately. Same with "Black Afghano" by Nasomatto. "Emir" with its voluminous spiciness and masculine woods might also be a guess.

I wonder if Oscar Wilde might have had the same taste in perfumery as his famous "son".

Love to read your thoughts on this.
12 years ago
I have always felt that Mouchoir de Monsieur would fit Dorian Gray. It's a very traditional Eau-style fragrance, but beguiling and very sexy up close in the base.
12 years ago
Maybe "Eau d'Hermès"?

or a quite feminine masculine:

"Chamade Homme"
12 years ago
Maybe "Eau d'Hermès"?

or a quite feminine masculine:

"Chamade Homme:861da4418d]No, that's already my fragrance!
12 years ago
And mine!

But for its flowers it definitely has a dandy vibe. At least on my skin I get a soft sweet violet note.
12 years ago
I believe It would be something like Original Vetiver by Creed, he would keep It simple and elegant, nothing over complex, that would be saved for his own character. Twisted Evil
12 years ago
I Whould Picture him in Knize Ten
12 years ago
Somehow I think he would wear "Arsene Lupin" - I associate it with 'Dandy' - don't know why exactly Laughing
12 years ago
It must be flowery. Dior Homme, Vitriol d´Oeillet or Black Violet.
11 years ago
I think he could also wear "For Him" from Narciso Rodriquez in private, especially in his darker hours, and "Atelier d´Artiste" of Nez á Nez when he hits the town...
11 years ago
I think he'd wear "Young Man"
11 years ago
There's actually a paragraph about fragrance in The Picture of Dorian Gray:

"And so he would now study perfumes and the secrets of their manufacture, distilling heavily scented oils and burning odorous gums from the East. He saw that there was no mood of the mind that had not its counterpart in the sensuous life, and set himself to discover their true relations, wondering what there was in frankincense that made one mystical, and in ambergris that stirred one's passions, and in violets that woke the memory of dead romances, and in musk that troubled the brain, and in champak that stained the imagination..."
11 years ago
I picture Dorian Gray wearing Serge Lutens IRIS SILVER MIST
11 years ago
Serge Lutens De Profundis, Tom Ford Black Orchid, Alkemia Perume Oil's Soma or Lacivius.
11 years ago
CARON'S le 3e Homme or Jicky Very nice.
11 years ago
There's actually a paragraph about fragrance in The Picture of Dorian Gray:

"And so he would now study perfumes and the secrets of their manufacture, distilling heavily scented oils and burning odorous gums from the East. He saw that there was no mood of the mind that had not its counterpart in the sensuous life, and set himself to discover their true relations, wondering what there was in frankincense that made one mystical, and in ambergris that stirred one's passions, and in violets that woke the memory of dead romances, and in musk that troubled the brain, and in champak that stained the imagination...:81edf2338b]
So he is one of us and owns probably about 50 parfumes Wink

I think he would wear rose fragrances like Black Tie by Washington Tremlett.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Which scent would Dorian Gray love ?
Jump to