Search Forum

Worst skin chemistry reactions you've had with fragrances

Worst skin chemistry reactions you've had with fragrances 11 months ago 1

Sometimes we don't get blessed with the fragrance smelling great on us, while it smells great on a test strip but the moment you spray it on yourself it smells horrible, which fragrances gave you nasty reactions because it didn't work with your skin chemistry?

For me it was with Dark Purple / Black PurpleDark Purple from the bottle it smelt amazing the moment I sprayed it on the back of my hand it smelt like floor cleaner, and had a similar reaction with Noir (Eau de Parfum)Noir Eau de Parfum smelt like lemon pledge.

What are your horror stories?

8 months ago

I am rather late for the party, but I get an awful rash on my upper chest from Eau de LancasterEau de Lancaster ! It's the only fragrance I have this issue with (and I tested it multiple times to see if it really was caused by it)...very strange because it is not a really strong fragrance (and a rather nice, unisex freshy, so it's too bad... Sad...).

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question as intended Smile So it's about the scent, smelling lovely on a paper strip or on others, but not on me....Well, I had/have that experience with many Chypres, they often perform musty or souer on my skin...Unfortunately because I love a good chypre! Chypres just don't like me....(with Miss Dior Originale and Mitsouko as the only exceptions)....

Last edited by Ringtale on 10.09.2023, 09:30; edited 1 time in total
8 months ago

For me it was Frederic Malle Une Fleur de CassieUne Fleur de Cassie. It smells amazing on other people, great on a strip, and on me it smells like a dirty diaper.

8 months ago

Without a doubt Sex and The SeaSex and The Sea. The first hour is okay, but after that it turns into bad pork on me. I don't know, but personally I don't associate the sea with bad, unseasoned tenderloins.

5 months ago

Valentino Uomo Intense literally smells like pencil shaving on my skin 🥲 and I really love the scent overall

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Worst skin chemistry reactions you've had with fragrances
Jump to