Search Forum

Parfumo/Fragrantica

76 - 100 by 177
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Calm is good. I really dislike the drama I see on the "F" site on a regular basis. I was there today, and I have a warning for the rest of the fragrance world:
Oh no! More "Enchanted Forest" samples are being released on the world! Take cover!

Laughing
More Enchanted Forest samples 11 years ago
What is wrong with a sample raffle, pray tell ?

I have entered my name, will get a sample - if lucky - and if I don't like it, will pass it on.
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
It's beginning to look that way! Cool I have seen quite a few regulars coming over...all the better, as long as it stays calm, and informative..a kind of happy medium. ( I wish everything could be ideal)

"Ideal ?" Hah ! Go over to the German site and find the bigger group carrying on in a similar fashion like on crowded Fragrantica. Nothing new to me. They know each other longer and carry on in groupie behavior.
11 years ago
You forgot to add that it smells like a urinal that got doused with a combination of Pine Sol and rum punch. Wink
Last edited by Cryptic on 22.02.2013, 01:15; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Ok I am missing something. Is it the same sample as before or a different sample?
Sending a second set of samples does what, expose it to more people generating sales?

So long as its free nobody has to buy it. Somebody fill in the blanks for me.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Is it the same sample as before or a different sample?

Same.
Digindirt:
Sending a second set of samples does what, expose it to more people generating sales?

You got it in one.
I don't mind Z and his wife using Fragrantica to blatantly promote their perfume.
It is their website after all.
It would be nicer if they were more open about their direct connection to it however, as I'm pretty sure that tons of people have no clue that they are the people behind it.
Re: More Enchanted Forest samples 11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Pipette:
What is wrong with a sample raffle, pray tell ?

I have entered my name, will get a sample - if lucky - and if I don't like it, will pass it on.

In theory, nothing wrong with it at all. However, you might want to know that Frangrantica is financially benefiting from this fragrance launch; the founders of F. hired Bernard (I can't even begin to spell his last name properly) to develop a frag. according to their specifications. They are not exactly a disinterested party in this arrangement. F. has given away innumerable samples in an effort to get their product out there in the public eye. This will be their second "freebie" launch. All I can say is: read the reviews on Fragrantica for this scent, and then go to other fragrance websites (Basenotes, Parfumo, et al) and compare the reviews. I think you'll get the idea.

Dlane1953, please, I did not want to sound harsh. So, still, if Fragrantica IS benefiting from the launch, what would be wrong with that ? I wish they would do more raffles like that. It is always fun to win something. In fact, on this here raffle, I was already a winner last time around and have passed on my sample. Most people were not exactly 'enchanted' by the "Enchanted Forest" (me included, as I did not like the overload of cassis) but, hey, maybe the next time there will be a raffle with something I may like.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Who ARE all those people on Fragrantica who are applauding this frag to the sky?

Forgive the shameless promotion of this incredibly topical and relevant thread, but you may find the answer to your question here:
www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=903
11 years ago
Did you read Gojira's Parfumo review of Enchanted Forest? He posted a negative review at Fragrantica and got a nastygram from the powers that be. Shocked
11 years ago
Cryptic:
You forgot to add that it smells like a urinal that got doused with a combination of Pine Sol and rum punch. Wink

As the review goes on LuckyScent, "This is less forest and more boozy tropical punch". To be honest, I'd like to smell some boozy punch. No sarcasm, I really want to smell it and see what the hubbub is about.
A conflict of interest 11 years ago
That bad review was deleted.
Here on Parfumo was a similar promotion - recently - and the firm then wanted the negative reviews taken down. K***a International.
So, every time when a firm puts out the samples, reviews are expected to be positive.
That cannot be.

I have trained myself to clothe my negative reviews into as polite descriptions as possible.

Freedom of speech ? Not totally, even less when there is a promotion attached. It does make a difference, when the site owners get paid - as it seems to be the case in Fragrantica. As far as I remember, the K***a International promotion was free.

Same with the "big industry" ... as long as there are monetary interests, the products get praised. (We, as the consumers, know the difference when testing.)
Re: A conflict of interest 11 years ago
Pipette:
So, every time when a firm puts out the samples, reviews are expected to be positive.

That's not true.
I know a lot of firms that have nothing against a negative review because they are aware that perfume is a subjective matter.
Of course positive reviews are more likeable, but if you can write a clever negative one that's fine also. Helpful criticism is good as well.
And the experiences I have on a regular basis with the scents I review is that the reviews are appreciated - good and bad.

The only time I ever was asked why I am rating something negative was with CnR Create which is not the trustworthiest brand as well Wink

As for "Enchanted Forest": I know why I wouldn't like this scent without smelling it. The notes/scent family is not my cup of tea, but yeah it is quite strange that there are so much bumlickers on Fragrantica that hype the scent. But that's based on the 'quality' of the reviews because most people there just write useless threeliners.
But yeah a common 'problem'. Fragrantica does make quite the giveaways that's true, I won CnR Create there and would have loved to won Ineke, no bad thing. But to me personally the people that win something should review it properly like some of you did on here which I can relate to and am able to build an opinion based on your thoughts.
11 years ago
I strongly prefer three liner reviews- I ascribe to the old saying "brevity is the soul of wit"- I personally tend to lose patience with the multi-paragraph reviews- sometimes, they seem pretty self-indulgent to me- but it's just a matter of taste, like everything else.

I see lots to appreciate in Fragrantica, basenotes and Parfumo- I don't see the need to take sides- I like to hop from one site to another

One world is enough for all or us, I hope- whether we prefer vintage, niche, designer, or celebrity scents- or all of the above-
11 years ago
Dolby:
I don't mind Z and his wife using Fragrantica to blatantly promote their perfume.
It is their website after all.
It would be nicer if they were more open about their direct connection to it however, as I'm pretty sure that tons of people have no clue that they are the people behind it.

Aren't they open about it? There is a disclaimer next to the fragrance disclosing their affiliation.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Did you read Gojira's Parfumo review of Enchanted Forest? He posted a negative review at Fragrantica and got a nastygram from the powers that be. Shocked

Seriously? ShockedShocked
11 years ago
I have been visiting Fragrantica every day lately, and some old timers are still there. Sometimes, we can dig up an old topic. There are so many new members who with bright-eyed innocence ask the same questions that have been asked a hundred times before. Of course, we are tired to answer the same questions. The crowd changes.

Eventually more and more people will discover the Parfumo website and fill it.

Those are the mechanics of the Internet. I am thinking of a College Campus where the students go to different buildings to attend different classes.

No big deal.
11 years ago
Pansylady:
I strongly prefer three liner reviews- I ascribe to the old saying "brevity is the soul of wit"- I personally tend to lose patience with the multi-paragraph reviews- sometimes, they seem pretty self-indulgent to me- but it's just a matter of taste, like everything else.

There is nothing against it as long as it has substance, but as I stated already in other topics "whoa, great perfume, I love it" has no substance to me.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Some reviews on F., on other hand, are too lengthy and so highly personal, (as if someone is practicing their fiction-writing skills on a select audience) that I skip over them altogether.

Yes, this happens on Parfumo as well. I gladly skip those too.

---

Right now we got a quite new member over at the German site who writes this kind of reviews that have nothing to say about the scent, but tips are ignored. Instead there is a blog about a perfume "blog" that doesn't even deserve the name blog CoolLaughing
11 years ago
Franfan20:
Dlane1953:
Some reviews on F., on other hand, are too lengthy and so highly personal, (as if someone is practicing their fiction-writing skills on a select audience) that I skip over them altogether.

Yes, this happens on Parfumo as well. I gladly skip those too.

---

Right now we got a quite new member over at the german site who writes this kind of reviews that have nothing to say about the scent, but tips are ignored. Instead there is a blog about a perfume "blog" that doesn't even derserve the name blog CoolLaughing

Do you mean I have missed something. Shocked

PM me please. Rolling Eyes
76 - 100 by 177
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Parfumo/Fragrantica
Jump to