Search Forum

Sycophancy and Brown Nosing

76 - 100 by 106
11 years ago
Ok, I'll try. Wink
11 years ago
AH HA!!!! Just found this topic...now I know where you all were, and are hanging out on occasion...looking at all those lovely men! And, under the guise of a topic) I'll be on the lookout for some more sexy pics!! Laughing
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
AH HA!!!! Just found this topic...now I know where you all were, and are hanging out on occasion...looking at all those lovely men! And, under the guise of a topic) I'll be on the lookout for some more sexy pics!! Laughing

I just come here to read. I never look at the pictures Wink
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Dalmajen:

I just come here to read. I never look at the pictures Wink
Laughing

And I totally believe you. Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
I have a coworker who is a jerk to his coworkers on a regular basis, gets nasty with people like an irritable 4-year old, talks too much and too loudly, disturbing everyone around him, and spends a lot of time justifying, rather than apologizing for, his actions. Unfortunately, he's good at his very technical job, and he's very careful to not misbehave in front of his superiors, which makes it 10 times worse. People complain to each other about him, but I doubt anyone complains to his superiors, because in certain work environments a complainer is more vilified than the complainee, and this is one of those environments.

In the past whenever I've left a job and done an exit interview I didn't unload my grievances, because, really, aside from me feeling good for a day or two after getting things off my chest, there would've been nothing in it for me. Every workplace has its issues, and in my experience, management is almost always already aware of them, but just not interested enough in resolving them. (Though, I did speak up a couple of times about some unethical practices that I observed and was indirectly a victim of, having been put in the position of lying to clients because of these practices, and I learned a year or two later that the culprits had finally been held accountable for their actions, and in one instance, demoted! Sweet justice!)

Anyway, when I leave THIS job, I'm going to tell everything I know about this idiot.
11 years ago
Dlane,
In one exit interview, conducted by the CEO who always did them himself, I was asked point blank about someone in particular who'd obviously been complained about by others. I guess he wanted someone who hadn't complained and now had nothing to lose to validate the other complaints. You would've been proud of me. I was so tactful that I skirted the issue. Which to anyone with a brain is a big, fat confirmation that what he'd been told was true! And I still left with clean hands.

I just don't see the point in getting mixed up in anything that doesn't directly affect me and my own personal sanity. The unethical goings-on at one job is the reason I quit, and several other people quit before and after me for the same reason, including their most prized engineer, who'd basically allowed them to grow their business to begin with due to his technical expertise. The exit interview was done by the HR director of the parent company. I gave her an earful. A couple years later she tried to recruit me back to another division, so it obviously didn't hurt her opinion of me, I guess because the wrong I exposed was truly a wrong, and not just a potential personality conflict, like many issues are.
11 years ago
deleted
Last edited by MiaTrost on 29.05.2013, 21:19; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
I brown-nosed my way out of a speeding ticket this weekend. It's a useful skill to have sometimes. Idea
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I brown-nosed my way out of a speeding ticket this weekend. It's a useful skill to have sometimes. Idea

In such circumstances, far more valuable than logical acumen or debating skills.

Laughing
11 years ago
Agreed! I'm all for this kind of brown-nosing too ... Well done wifey Wink
11 years ago
Sometimes it can be soooo cute. (Not my baby, I stole him for us to love for a while from google)(sorry mummy of said child)
11 years ago
Tinctureall:
Sometimes it can be soooo cute. (Not my baby, I stole him for us to love for a while from google)(sorry mummy of said child)

Adorable!
11 years ago
Cryptic:

Do you wish to share the details with the class?

Maybe we can learn something. Smile
11 years ago
I said that I was just going along with the flow of traffic and that I hate to drive in the slow lane because my car is small and when the tractor trailers whiz by it's scary. I'm a disgrace to the sisterhood and a lousy feminist for pulling the helpless female act, I know.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I said that I was just going along with the flow of traffic and that I hate to drive in the slow lane because my car is small and when the tractor trailers whiz by it's scary. I'm a disgrace to the sisterhood and a lousy feminist for pulling the helpless female act, I know.

Nice job nonetheless. Very Happy
Brown nosing in art! 11 years ago

Two white monstrous "nogoty?ki" high at more than five meters, are Futura Gallery in Prague. Visitors can enter them on the ladder and put his head inside.

Original name of this plant is "Brownnosers". I am writing this because Polish translation completely deprives the structure of the original meaning.
76 - 100 by 106
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Sycophancy and Brown Nosing
Jump to