Search Forum

Help finding a nice sweet rum fragrance please.

1 - 25 by 27
Help finding a nice sweet rum fragrance please. 1 year ago

Hi i am trying to find something with a nice sweet rum note to it.  I have seen YouTubers mention Bentley for men intense but then people saying it is too strong and that Emporio Armani Stronger With You Absolutely could be a better option. I personally like strong fragrances, the more it projects and has good sillage and longevity the better imo. I want to be able to smell it on myself as well as others around me as i am the one paying for it after all. 

I looked at Bvlgari but people say it becomes nose blind to the wearer too quick but not others around you. That is not what i like in a fragrance. When i pay for it i want to enjoy it lol.

The thing about  Emporio Armani Stronger With You Absolutely is i see it has a nutty accord to it and i am worried it becomes coconut smelling like in fragrances such as 1 Million Lucky or maybe Invictus Victory Elixir. 

I would prefer something along the lines of maybe The Most Wanted Parfum but if it were to have a rum note added, a nice smooth sweet fragrance  with a sweet rum note that is present and up front all through the scent and not just in the opening. I really like the fresh bourbon vanilla in this fragrance instead of the usual, thick heavy powdery kind of vanilla. So yeah i am not looking for something too thick on the sweet side like say JPG Scandal EDT.

Maybe also something like Spicebomb Extreme with the rum note again being the main player is what i would like.

Can someone tell me a good fragrance and if Bentley for men intense performs like that and if it is a good choice for what i am looking for? I see it go for really cheap but i would be willing to pay as much as £120 roughly for at least 100ml for a good fragrance.

1 year ago 2

What about Frapin frags? 1697 (Absolu de Parfum)1697 Absolu de Parfum or SpeakeasySpeakeasy , or smth like it - rum is like their whole thing (haven't tried them, but want to).

Above your budget but both very good and worth testing at least (these two I've worn):

"Vanille Havane | Les Indémodables"

KalahariKalahari

1 year ago
Nushka

What about Frapin frags? 1697 (Absolu de Parfum)1697 Absolu de Parfum or SpeakeasySpeakeasy , or smth like it - rum is like their whole thing (haven't tried them, but want to).

Above your budget but both very good and worth testing at least (these two I've worn):

"Vanille Havane | Les Indémodables"

KalahariKalahari

Ohh that's some interesting notes in the 1697. What i might do is get that and skip the others i was thinking of getting this month. I usually buy a few at a time but that looks interesting enough to buy just one instead of a few at a time. Thanks. EDIT: Damn it sees to be discontinued. Will look at some of their others though thanks.

1 year ago 1

Hi Witchcraft,

I've used Deminiche - Nilam NanasDeminiche - Nilam Nanas, It´s meant to recall the Caribbean with notes of rum, coconut, pineapple, sugar cane. The perfumers Jorge Lee and Ricardo Ramos are Colombian and they tried to recreate this region of their homeland. It's kind of artesanal and rough at the edges. Otherwise, you can look into Killian because just as Frapin, Killian brand themselves as liquor/alcoholic beverages inspired. They have Black Phantom Memento MoriBlack Phantom Memento Mori. Don't remember if I ever tried it.

Have a nice Sunday!

1 year ago 1

Hi,

Thanks for the post and all the suggestions.

SpeakeasySpeakeasy seems to be very interesting!

I own Bentley for Men IntenseBentley for Men Intense after having tested it with a sample. I don't find it particularly sweet and yes I can get wafts of it for a few hours, which is really pleasant. My sweetheart once frowned as I had to eagerly pressed on the trigger (otherwise she likes it!). The opening is quite strong afterward it is gentler.

Idole de Lubin (Eau de Parfum)Idole de Lubin Eau de Parfum and Replica - Jazz ClubReplica - Jazz Club are on my "tot try " list, may be you can have a look at them also!

Have a nice week!

1 year ago

Thanks for the replies.

One i was looking at was Xerjoff Starlight. Have any of you tried that? It is listed as having a sweet boozy touch to it and that bottle is sublime.

I seem to have lost the ability to add perfumes to my posts recently and posting the link doesn't work either.

1 year ago

Tried StarlightStarlight once. It has way too much almond for me.

1 year ago
Cocopah

Tried StarlightStarlight once. It has way too much almond for me.

Ah did it turn in to a marzipan sort of smell?

1 year ago 1

From what I remember it turned into bitter almond on me. Truth be told I tried it long ago and I deeply dislike almond in fragrances.

I just saw another rhum suggestion for you: Van Py RhumVan Py Rhum vanilla+ rhum.

1 year ago
Cocopah

From what I remember it turned into bitter almond on me. Truth be told I tried it long ago and I deeply dislike almond in fragrances.

I just saw another rhum suggestion for you: Van Py RhumVan Py Rhum vanilla+ rhum.

Oh now this sounds like something right up my street, i do like vanilla, it's the bourbon vanilla that i love about The Most wanted and from the reviews on Van Py Rhum it sounds like something i would like a lot thanks.

1 year ago

🙏🏻

1 year ago
Cocopah

🙏🏻

Just ordered it now.  Should have it in a few days 🙂

1 year ago

Mitchcraft, do tell us your first impressions! Smile

1 year ago
Cocopah

Mitchcraft, do tell us your first impressions! Smile

I will try my best, this is my first step in to the world of niche lol

I am also looking at getting Perfume Sucks - Green. The description in the reviews on Fragrantica sound amazing.

(I really need the ability to add perfumes to my posts again)

1 year ago

I never heard about Perfume Sucks! I have to sharpen up a little bit Smile 

1 year ago
Cocopah

I never heard about Perfume Sucks! I have to sharpen up a little bit Smile 

It's hard to find a good review on Youtube in English. I could only find one and the guy was useless. Wasn't of any help at all.  The 2 reviews on Fragrantica saying it smells like candy at a fun fair just sounds bliss to me though so i have to try it some time lol.

Perfume sucks - green  (Sorry i don't seem to be able to add perfumes to my posts the normal way)

1 year ago

Marijuana + Mango! That's a challenge Smile

1 year ago
Cocopah

Marijuana + Mango! That's a challenge Smile

I dunno how Weed smells in fragrances but if it's like the real stuff then i will love it, mmm that sweet sticky feel of a bud mmm and i love mango, i really want a mango scent actually. 

I am kind of torn between getting Perfume Sucks - Green or another from the Van Py Rhum line called Evil Angel. All those fruity accords sound great for the summer. I also would like one of the Sea frags from Lorenzo Pazzaglia. I used to hate D&G Light Blue Pour Homme Eau Intense but have grown to love it. It's also amazing for layering with certain fragrances and we are getting in to the seasons for those kind of scents at last 🙂

Evil Angel

I will probably try Sex Sea with that Absinth note in there as i love it in Invictus Platinum 

1 year ago

HI Mitchcraft,

In all truth, the only time I smelled weed is in NYC. It´s everywhere on the streets to the point that it can be too much. However, I imagine the mix of mango and grass could be a good contrast of something sweet and something spicy and green. Well, this sounds like a case for a new frag advice post! 

1 year ago

I used to be in to it when I was younger so I have an idea of how it could smell but the smell of the bud from the plant is different from when it is in smoke but personally I love both.

There is also the possibility of it being the smell of it in hashis form which smells different also so I guess you’re right on needing a new topic helping find out which form they are using. From the description I would say it is most likely the sweet sticky buds that come from the plant. 

I can’t think of a way to describe the other states they could be using though. 

1 year ago
Mitchcraft

Hi i am trying to find something with a nice sweet rum note to it.  I have seen YouTubers mention Bentley for men intense but then people saying it is too strong and that Emporio Armani Stronger With You Absolutely could be a better option. I personally like strong fragrances, the more it projects and has good sillage and longevity the better imo. I want to be able to smell it on myself as well as others around me as i am the one paying for it after all. 

I looked at Bvlgari but people say it becomes nose blind to the wearer too quick but not others around you. That is not what i like in a fragrance. When i pay for it i want to enjoy it lol.

The thing about  Emporio Armani Stronger With You Absolutely is i see it has a nutty accord to it and i am worried it becomes coconut smelling like in fragrances such as 1 Million Lucky or maybe Invictus Victory Elixir. 

I would prefer something along the lines of maybe The Most Wanted Parfum but if it were to have a rum note added, a nice smooth sweet fragrance  with a sweet rum note that is present and up front all through the scent and not just in the opening. I really like the fresh bourbon vanilla in this fragrance instead of the usual, thick heavy powdery kind of vanilla. So yeah i am not looking for something too thick on the sweet side like say JPG Scandal EDT.

Maybe also something like Spicebomb Extreme with the rum note again being the main player is what i would like.

Can someone tell me a good fragrance and if Bentley for men intense performs like that and if it is a good choice for what i am looking for? I see it go for really cheap but i would be willing to pay as much as £120 roughly for at least 100ml for a good fragrance.

Have you tried Creed's Virgin island water?

1 year ago

Malin+Goetz makes a one called Dark Rum. Are you familiar with it? Haven’t had a chance to smell it personally, but may be worth checking this one out. 

1 year ago
Cocopah

HI Mitchcraft,

In all truth, the only time I smelled weed is in NYC. It´s everywhere on the streets to the point that it can be too much. However, I imagine the mix of mango and grass could be a good contrast of something sweet and something spicy and green. Well, this sounds like a case for a new frag advice post! 

It's here! It arrived today 😃

Just done my first sprays right now and it's a promising start 🙂

Will continue with feedback as the day goes on .

Initially i am getting some lovely vanilla and a hint if rum. Very nicely balanced.

Can see the oils on my skin too.

To VioletTide &  Hamdi673 , 

Thanks for the suggestions but i ordered Van Py Rhum last week and i am going to be testing that along with the other 4 samples i got.  So i wont be needing any more suggestions on this topic thanks.

1 year ago

Hey there! I completely understand the appeal of a sweet rum fragrance – it's warm, inviting, and truly captivating. If you haven't already, you should definitely give Maison Margiela's Replica Jazz Club a try.

This unique fragrance captures the essence of a cozy jazz club, with notes of sweet rum, tobacco leaf, and vanilla, among others. It's well-balanced, evoking an intimate and relaxed atmosphere that's perfect for both daytime and evening wear.

Its a bit hard to find, not sure where you come from but where i live in the Netherlands you can find it here:

https://www.parfumerie.nl/mais...

I hope this helps, and I'm confident that you'll fall in love with Jazz Club just as much as I have! Happy fragrance hunting! 😊🌸

8 months ago

I recommend you try this one.

Royal BourbonRoyal Bourbon .

A very nice arranged rum. It particularly likes the skin. I think you can really feel the fiery side of the rum.

Really lovely 😍

This one is also very interesting.

Black DragonBlack Dragon

The rum note isn't indicated but you can really smell it.

At first it's honey rum 🍯, pineapple 🍍 and mango (it sounds fruity but you can't really taste it).

Tobacco then mingles with vanilla and woody note

s.

1 - 25 by 27
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre Help finding a nice sweet rum fragrance please.
Jump to