Replica - When The Rain Stops 2022

Replica - When The Rain Stops by Maison Margiela
A perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men, released in 2022. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.
Pronunciation

Fresh
Aquatic
Green
Synthetic
Floral

Green notesGreen notes Pink pepperPink pepper BergamotBergamot
Aquatic notesAquatic notes Jasminum grandiflorumJasminum grandiflorum Turkish roseTurkish rose
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli MossMoss Pine needlePine needle

Perfumer

Videos
Submitted by Essy07, last update on 22.05.2024.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
Rain by Marc Jacobs
Rain Tapping
Valentino Uomo Born In Roma by Valentino
Valentino Uomo Born In Roma

Helpful Review 6
Waiting for the rain to stop...
First of all, I love this fragrance and wear it really often.
Freshies in this form unfortunately often have a short shelf life. This gem from the Replica range lasts a good 6-8 hours.
Of the replica fragrances I have tested, next to by the fire place, the best H/S.

The scent is very aquatic - and yes, rain is also water, but do you remember those endless hot summer days followed by a short shower? The steam that rises from meadows and the asphalt that breaks through this cleanliness?
Unfortunately, when the rain stops is too clean for that. I miss a bit of the earthiness, the asphalt - just a bit of something not quite so clean.
Petrichor is the name of this very special fragrance that I have been looking for in perfume form for a very long time.
When the rain stops is a great fragrance. It is bright, green, aquatic, clean and friendly.
Masculine, you might think, but only because most aquatic fragrances are reminiscent of men's shower gel...

So I still haven't found this wonderful reminder of my childhood summer days.
Do any of you still have a Petrichor perfume recommendation?
Summary:
Clear recommendation to buy! A great clean scent that lasts well and doesn't cost much but I'm still waiting for the rain to stop.
1 Comment
8.5

1 Review
Missclairity
Maybe not quite "when the rain stops"
This fragrance was recommended to me by a friend based on the notes and when I looked them up, I immediately knew why: aquatic, peppery, bergamot... That sounded like the perfect new office fragrance to me! I was all the more confused by all the negative reviews that said the perfume actually just smelled like men's shower gel.

When I finally smelled (and then bought) the fragrance, I could understand why many people were disappointed with the scent: it does NOT smell like a rain shower. In the first 10-30 minutes, the peppery note and also the rose still come through very well, accompanied by an aquatic base. These 30 minutes smell very fresh, and a bit like a garden, so it lives up to the name of the perfume.
After 30 minutes, however, there is not much left of it, for the next few hours the aquatic note dominates and, in my opinion, no longer fits the title of the perfume.

Nevertheless, the fragrance is incredibly fresh, relaxed and radiates self-confidence through its androgynous nature. I think many people perceive the fragrance as more masculine, as the aquatic notes are often associated with classic men's fragrances, but I find it very wearable as a woman. I also think the longevity is really good for a fresh perfume, after a day at work I can still easily smell the fragrance.

My final verdict: If you don't expect the fragrance to smell like after a rain shower, this is a great scent! I wish the other notes were present a little longer, but I am still totally satisfied and love the fragrance!

Helpful Review 2
Not rain in a bottle
When the Rain Stops is not the rain trapped in a bottle. It is an interpretation, a product in its own right.

For me, the fragrance smells very fresh and is definitely more aquatic than green. It is a unique fragrance, which forms its charm through a very good composition of freshness and green notes.

Anyone expecting the "Petrichor" scent here is wrong, but that doesn't make the fragrance any worse.

1 Review
One of my favorite
Do you know that?
The weather is bad, it's gray, rainy, a little thunderstorm is just passing over you.
The thunderstorm has gone, the rain has stopped, the sky is still gray and cloudy.
And you decide to go for a walk in the woods, even though it could rain again.
Because after the rain, the forest is sometimes the most beautiful place for you.
All the green is wet, drops fall from the trees and leaves.
And it just smells incredibly good.
Petrichor... the unmistakable smell of the rain, wet earth, wet green, damp.
That's exactly how it smells to me.
That this smell, which I love so much, has been captured so well.
For me clearly unisex, neutral, whatever.
Anyone who likes the scent should wear it.
For an eau de toilette, the fragrance lasts a very long time on me personally, especially on my clothes The next day I still enjoy the fragrance because my shirt still smells of it.
One of my favorites of the Replica range.
For me, the fragrance captures this moment so well, this memory of exactly this smell.
The whole thing triggers a sense of well-being and contentment in me and that's exactly what a fragrance should do for me.
1 Comment

Petrichor
This fragrance opens briefly on my skin with an aquatic freshness. But only for a moment. Then it becomes greenish to almost balsamic. After about 10 minutes, this opening disappears. What remains for the next 5 hours is the smell of electric charge in the air. Like an early summer thunderstorm that has carried all the pollen through the rain, which is now evaporating on the hot ground. For me, Petrichor has truly been captured in a bottle. This mossy, green floral fragrance paired with an electrified leg note. Really beautiful, if only it lasted longer..
More reviews

AW9AW9 2 years ago
Instant love. Like cool refreshing rain on a warm garden. Longevity and silage are pretty impressive on this. MM have cracked it again.
EmregoEmrego 2 years ago
Smells very rosey, in the store hard to get its details, only rose and musk - and reminds me Gucci Guilty EdP 2020 with its heavy rose.
JeweledseaJeweledsea 11 days ago
Rose aquatic. Nothing crazy, kind of generic but inoffensive, fresh, and airy.
Vec2tVec2t 3 months ago
Smells more of a wet, velvet blanket than of petrichor. Blended smoothly. Elegant but misleading & unimaginative.
DatshrubDatshrub 3 months ago
Not at all a petrichor scent, but still pleasant. Very fresh light flowers. I spray this on my pillows and sheets haha

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Autumn Vibes by Maison Margiela Replica - Bubble Bath by Maison Margiela Replica - Matcha Meditation by Maison Margiela Replica - On A Date by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Springtime in a Park by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela