Search Forum

Unique "blue" frags

Unique "blue" frags 6 months ago

I got AquaAqua as a representative of the "blue" fragrance family to start my collection, as it's very cheap and said to smell like quintessential blue fragrance.

I like it a lot, especially the late drydown, which is pure ozone on me. It is, however, very familiar and generic as per the reviews.

I'd like to try some unique and interesting blue frags. Especially a "darker" blue, but really anything that will show me a different perspective on the genre. Any suggestions that won't break the bank? (nothing sweet or coconutty please - doesn't work well on my skin)

6 months ago 1

There are two that come to mind.

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour HommeL'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme is a good example of a blue "melting pot" with green twist. Even if the bottle is blue the scent is more lime-green/teal for me. It is more on the hebal side, little camphorous so I would not call it an easy blind buy but I absolutely love it. It is somewhat a little sweet.

The second one is L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme IntenseL'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense. It got very heavy amber drydown. I like to categorise it as a "blue" smell because of the heavy amber drydown with sterile/flowery-urban opening notes. Some light incense included. Melancholic. Very versatile, reserved.

I do not own a typical blue fragrance in my collection so this two above are filling that role.

6 months ago 1

It's funny you bring up L'Eau d'Issey because my friend actually has L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Eau de Toilette and a couple of years ago, before I had gotten into fragrances, I had to sit far away from him because I was overwhelmed by his fragrance. Found out recently that's what he was wearing that day. It didn't strike me as fresh or blue at all back then - rather sickly sweet and cloying - it's probably the nutmeg and cinnamon in the original giving that impression. Hopefully these other ones would be different. The notes sound interesting. Thanks!

6 months ago 2

I would suggest you Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)Versace pour Homme Eau de Toilette it is a fresh with citrucy hints and a bit semi - musky scent to it's dry - down. It is a safe choice to a reasonable price. Also Acqua Essenziale Blu (Eau de Toilette)Acqua Essenziale Blu Eau de Toilette an interesting aquatic fragnance and i don't see many men wear it so if you pick it, you will stand - out from the mass. Also Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)Aqva pour Homme Eau de Toilette i find more sophisticated aquatic fragnance and i like the deep turquoise colour of the bottle. 👌🏻 Last but not least to the game Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)Kenzo pour Homme Eau de Toilette a classic aquatic and may be the first one of all aquatic fragnaces created. The colour is teal magnificent, hypnotising. Good luck with the search of aquatic fragnances 🙋🏼

6 months ago 1

Hi! You might check out Kenzo Homme EDP. It's quite nice and can be found at discounters for around $50-$60. Check here

6 months ago
SayreBea

Hi! You might check out Kenzo Homme EDP. It's quite nice and can be found at discounters for around $50-$60. Check here

Hmm, I can't find this one on Parfumo. Only the EDT and 2022 (reformulated?) EDP. 

6 months ago

for me the "best" budget option would be L'Homme RochasL'Homme Rochas . Does this classify as blue?

I also agree on Kenzo Homme (2022) (Eau de Parfum)Kenzo Homme (2022) Eau de Parfum would be a good interesting option...it is more a marine fragrance and it might not be considered budget by some.

Notify about new comments
Jump to