Search Forum

Asign a song to a fragrance. Forum game!

Asign a song to a fragrance. Forum game! 5 months ago 2

OK after a recent discussion about the sound of fragrance i thought we could turn this in to a game here on the forum making it a little less formal and a bit of fun! That other topic is of a more in depth thought exorcize, assigning different instruments to an individual note etc, while this topic will not be as in depth as that.

So pick a fragrance , one at a time would be preferable, so people have time to listen to the music you select and if we were to go picking 10+ we will be taking up a lot of people's time and people probably won't want to listen to 10+ tracks so let's keep it to one fragrance per post for now.

It's simple, post your fragrance and how you think your fragrance would sound like by assigning a track to it. Orchestral music i find would probably be the easiest to go for, but if you feel another genre fits your fragrance, go for it. Like i said this topic is to be less formal so, pop, rap, dance you name it, go for it.

Mine would be Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir and the track would be picked for this reason, this is a very fun uplifting fragrance that is playful and with the peppermint in it which is sweet and light like the flute (that is a flute we hear in the 2nd half of the track right? 😂) I also get the feeling of the transition of the different notes coming through, there is a definite feeling of lots of motion in this music which i feel are all the different notes rushing in and lifting us up with joy as each one pops in and out, Aarons fragrances behave this way and when we get towards the end that is the dry down as we hear only a few instruments left and they are popping in and out of existence until the music ends as does the fragrance when its longevity runs out.

5 months ago 1

OK so the YouTube video forum bug is back covering the OP so i will paste here so you can read it.

"OK after a recent discussion about the sound of fragrance i thought we could turn this in to a game here on the forum making it a little less formal and a bit of fun! That other topic is of a more in depth thought exorcize, assigning different instruments to an individual note etc, while this topic will not be as in depth as that.

So pick a fragrance , one at a time would be preferable, so people have time to listen to the music you select and if we were to go picking 10+ we will be taking up a lot of people's time and people probably won't want to listen to 10+ tracks so let's keep it to one fragrance per post for now.

It's simple, post your fragrance and how you think your fragrance would sound like by assigning a track to it. Orchestral music i find would probably be the easiest to go for, but if you feel another genre fits your fragrance, go for it. Like i said this topic is to be less formal so, pop, rap, dance you name it, go for it.

Mine would be Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir and the track would be picked for this reason, this is a very fun uplifting fragrance that is playful and with the peppermint in it which is sweet and light like the flute, I also get the feeling of the transition of the different notes coming through, there is a definite feeling of lots of motion in this music which i feel are all the different notes rushing in and lifting us up with joy as each one pops in and out, Aarons fragrances behave this way and when we get towards the end that is the dry down as we hear only a few instruments left and they are popping in and out of existence until the music ends as does the fragrance when its longevity runs out."

5 months ago

Again I had to really think about this but for a certain reason I ended up picking a fragrance that reminds me of Hans Zimmer's film music, especially my favourite soundtrack of all time, The Rock. The fragrance is CK One GoldCK One Gold which smells vibrant, mysterious and also somehow cinematic to me. It's a unique salty-woody-sweet combination deep and rich but also refreshing at the same time just like Zimmer's pieces.

4 months ago

Love this! I'm going to have to think on it... Luckily getting a lot of samples in the mail soon so will have more to choose from! 

4 months ago

Btw @Mitchcraft it seems like the video bug only happens with the first post in a thread, so maybe in the future you could embed videos separately in a reply to work around this issue? 

4 months ago 1

@ScentNebula yeah I will try that some time but I have seen it happen even with replies for example in the music topic. 

@Lempi oh that sounds deep and powerful. And a great movie with the man himself Mr Sean Connery. My mum’s friend used to nanny for his kids actually. 

4 months ago

Mitchcraft

@ScentNebula yeah I will try that some time but I have seen it happen even with replies for example in the music topic.

Yep, it happens with the replies too unfortunately.

Mitchcraft

@Lempi oh that sounds deep and powerful. And a great movie with the man himself Mr Sean Connery. My mum’s friend used to nanny for his kids actually.

So great that you enjoyed it too! And wow really, how awesome is that?! 🤩🙌

4 months ago 1

For The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette to understand read my review, this is how i feel, like i just want to get comfy and rest in comfort and feel laid back like the tune. It creates this softness on my skin and if sprayed with another person i am sure they would feel like getting close and resting on your soft skin like they express in this song, also there is some elegance to this song that is represented within the fragrance also.

4 months ago

@Mitchcraft Wow, I think this pairing you've done here is absolutely brilliant! 👏🤩 A perfect match really. Made me think how it's been too long since I last time smelled that gorgeous fragrance, definitely dreamy!

Okay my next pick will be with a little bit similar vibe. Fragrances are all about dreams and escape, and that's what ZelidjaZelidja represents to me. It reminds me of Eric Whitacre's song Fly to Paradise, especially this version with gorgeous Hila Plitmann singing the solo parts. The lyrics of this song always remind me of how perfumes are able to give me wings on those moments when I feel I'm trapped.

4 months ago 1

@Lempi another one i know you like as I actually put this in the “what are you listening to right now” topic the other week and this has to go with the fragrance from Aaron Terence Hughes because like the fragrance that gets better with time so does this song and the opening gives me goosebumps when I hear this music and anticipate the part where it intensifies.

Maverick (2021)Maverick (2021)

Maverick (2022)Maverick (2022)

Maverick (2023)Maverick (2023)

And the song is of course from Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick 🥰

Then there is the version with Alice Cooper on guitar for that full oomph to it 🤩

4 months ago 1

@Mitchcraft Wait what there are actually fragrances called Maverick?! Wow that's superb! I absolutely adore both Top Gun movies and especially the music that is so nostalgic to me. 🥰 

4 months ago 1

Henry Jacques - Monsieur Bouquet

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Asign a song to a fragrance. Forum game!
Jump to