The Dreamer 1996 Eau de Toilette

The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Ranked 81 in Men's Perfume
A popular perfume by Versace for men, released in 1996. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Floral
Fresh
Powdery

ArtemisiaArtemisia TarragonTarragon JuniperJuniper
IrisIris FlaxFlax LilyLily
Tobacco flowerTobacco flower AmberAmber

Perfumer

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.06.2024.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
The Dreamer (Lotion Après-Rasage) by Versace
Reflection Man by Amouage
Reflection Man

1 in-depth fragrance description

Still not sure after 4 years
I bought this perfume back then because of Jeremy.
It was cheap and sounded interesting and different from the other perfumes like Dior Savage, Bleu de Chanel etc.
So bought sprayed and was in conflict, somehow good and special but also somehow different and strange.
Somehow the smell seemed mixed up to me and somehow smelled very hazy.
I somehow smelled spicy woods, herbs, but also flowers, so it was really interesting.
I would definitely not recommend it as a blind buy but definitely as something different to try.
Longevity and sillage are average.
I think the bottle is really good.
50 ml bought are still about 40 ml inside .
i have used it so rarely.
7.5

Helpful Review 1
Magic and Dreamy Scent
It's a nice fragrance, Herbal, Floral and Green. This is a new reformulation but The Lavender and The Tobacco notes are dominant in this perfume and reminds me of Dolce &Gabbana Pour Homme, It is more lighter. The Dreamer opens up with like fresh green and floral notes in the background then dry down is ambery woody. It is perfect for the all seasons. The art of bottle design is very beautiful. I like The Dreamer EDT for Men by versace.
Rating : 7.5 / 10

Strong output
The output is too strong for my taste, a penetrating smell similar to camphor, which makes me itch as if it were a small allergy.

Already in the dry down this fragrance shows its potential. It is a slightly powdery floral with a sweet but very subtle base... Smell of modest and clean flowers. The truth is that it seems like a very unisex scent to me.

Good stay on my skin, about six hours. I bought it blind because I'm looking for aromas that are out of the ordinary. In that sense I think it has been a good purchase, I also see it as a very versatile perfume... However, I don't think I will buy it again because of that strong output that shocks me so much.

Helpful Review 5
The dreamer! Great DNA - Mediocre H/S - Hopefully always a Cheapie!
The last fragrance by Gianni Versace!
A Cheapie that you can buy blind if you also like light old-school fragrances.

About the fragrance itself (8.2 out of 10):
A fresh floral fragrance with spice and light sweetness. A perfect interplay of old school and new school in my opinion.

In the top note, I personally smell the mixture of tarragon and juniper the most.

These are joined in the heart:
Flax, iris and lily. Gives the fragrance its typical signature of fresh floral notes to the powdery and slightly green accords.

In the base: tobacco blossom and amber.
The amber gives the sweetness and the tobacco blossom resembles a light tobacco leaf aroma + the astringency.

Longevity: 7.5 out of 10
On my skin it lasts around 5.5-6 hours. On clothes ~6 hours too. My bottle is from ~2019 (100ml).
[PS: Spray routine varies for me depending on the fragrance, but here 6-7 sprays].

Sillage: 7 out of 10
The sillage is also strong in the 45min. After that it becomes moderate and is still noticeable after 6 hours.

Final rating: 7.75 out of 10
Simply a great Italo fragrance with a strong recognition value! Hope this fellow will always be a cheapie and always available. Among all the fragrances for under 40 €, it's easily in my TOP 10, if not TOP 5. Just wish it had better longevity & sillage alà Dylan Blue or even better Eros EDT. Comandante by XerJoff is supposed to be a better alternative, but I don't see the similarities and the performance is only an hour better there.

Otherwise LG dear Parfumo Community :P and have a nice weekend!

Sweet dreams
I got this as a blind buy and its great for how cheap it is. Soft floral, clean and soapy and i get a bit of pine personally too. The florals, freshness and the aromatic characteristics makes it old school-ish but definitely not dated. Elegant/formal but casual meanwhile, very versatile in my opinion. Doesnt last that long on my skin but its just such a calming lovely scent. Really good cheapy.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 years ago
One of the great perfumes of the 90s. A bit fougère, a bit oriental. Classy and manly. Sweet, fresh and rich. Iris and tobacco. Signature.
DsktpDsktp 4 years ago
8.5
Perfect name. Reminds me of my aspirations (?!)
A sharp start settles to a powdery white floral & tobacco flower scent smoothened w/ amber.
DraxlerDraxler 2 years ago
8.5
Maybe it's just me, but I can sense dunes near sea and sunscreen. I absolutely love. I also don't think it's a fragrance for the elderly.
CognoSenti45CognoSenti45 1 year ago
Smells great! For something that was made in 1996 smells timeless and original. Blind bought this and was pleased/impressed!
DjigoioDjigoio 1 year ago
This is how clouds should smell like. Dreamy, fresh, creamy scent. For every ocassion and every season. Delicate scent, don't expect 8h.
More statements

Popular by Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versense by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Eros Parfum by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Bright Crystal by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Purple by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Yellow Diamond by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Turquoise (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace