Search Forum

International Cuisine

International Cuisine 12 years ago
Ok something in a different Light what is your favorite international Cuisine Mine are
In Order

1.Thai
2.Japanese
3.Chinese
4.Indian
5.Greek
6.Mexican

My Least favorite is Italian because for a lot of Reasons
Like They use to much tomato Sauce 2. it's Common
I Do have have An Italian Heritige but not crazy about italian Food

What is your Favorite and Least Favorite Cuisine.
12 years ago
Indian
Japanese
Italian
American
Libanese
Swedish
Chinese

Least favorite:
Norwegian. Razz
12 years ago
Ohh, Thai is my alltime favourite
Then I like Lebanese as well, but have it seldomly, since, there are very few restaurants. And I like Persian Food.
Every nation has a few things that taste good, some have more tasty stuff and some do have less Wink
12 years ago
There's a Lot where i Live
But there Expensive but it's worth
the Pain Surprised
12 years ago
1) Indian
2) Thai
3) Mexican
4) Italian

I love spicy and chili-hot dishes Smile My favourites overall are :

Chicken Curry (Indian + Thai variations) with coconut-chili-sauce
Tacos, Burritos, Fajitas and Penne Arrabiata
It is so mouthwatering just to think of these things...I must stop immediately Very Happy
12 years ago
My alltime favourite is Italian food.

Persian is nice, actually all oriental dishes I've had so far were very delicious.

American! Yes I can see you smirking....
But the pumpkin pies, creamed corn and cornbread with all that other country cooking you can get in the US makes me happy!

German food. I grew up with Spätzle, Dumplings and Spargel, nice Rollbraten, Rouladen and Königsberger Klopse. Nothing can beat these (or the memories of the times I had the dishes in my childhood).

But dump me somewhere all over the world and I'll find something I love to eat..... forever the gorger!
12 years ago
In my area, there are a lot of recent Southeast Asian(Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam), Mexican, and Ethiopian immigrants. So those are the countries best represented in great restaurants here.

I really like any cuisine that isn't too heavy on the animal products - which is most of them, if you know where to look. Some of the dishes for which German food is best known contain meat, but meine mutti und meine grossmutter used to cook some delicious things that don't (gruenkernsuppe, spaetzle, amazing baked goods).

The only place where I haven't found something to admire in the cuisine is Belize. I bought a Belizean cookbook to take home, thinking that I must have missed out on something. I couldn't find anything in the cookbook that I wanted to cook. Lots of chicken and fish, hardly any spices.
12 years ago
Italiano. I was born and raised on homemade Italian fare and Philadelphia is well represented with extremely good eateries.

1. Italian
2. American
3. Hispanic
4. Chinese
12 years ago
My favorites are

1. Italian
2. Japanese (but only the minimalisic Sushi part, since I never tried the rest and of course the Tea)
3. Indian (they have really nice vegetarian dishes, I'm more or less vegetarian)

In terms of Tea, I also like the British (better, the Devonian or how should I call it) cuisine.

Oh, and not forgetting the Belgian Pommes Frites (Fritjes) and the Gaufres de Liège, but thats again just a small part of the belgian cooking culture.

And I absolutely can not stand the miserable german "food".
12 years ago
I really like the French cuisine.

People in France take much more effort in their food than i.e. people in Germany. When they go out for dinner, they spend the whole evening with it. It is known that they spend a much bigger part of their income on food than the Germans. For instance, you pay 70 - 100 € in a French restaurant for your dinner whereas you can get away with about 25 € in most German restaurants.

I enjoy sitting in a restaurant in France and watch people. Very often, they have dinner together in small groups, and I like the ritual of how they choose their wines. There can be endless discussions about which wine would be best for the food they have chosen, and the waiters really know the wines and consult the guests.

This would never happen in Germany where everybody simply orders his drink. And the food in France is simply better and worth every Euro!
12 years ago
Not a fan of German or British cuisine. Of course, I eat neither pork nor offal... Laughing

Italian cuisine (not Italian slop, with which it is often confused in the United States...) is a revelation!

I love many different kinds of cuisine, but I'd say that in my journeys I ate best in two places above all:

Argentina
Japan

Cool
12 years ago
[quote="Sunshine2006"
I like some things that are really German.
Ich auch, zum Beispiel: Gerolsteiner, mein beliebtste Mineralwasser!

Laughing
12 years ago
Sunshine2006:
Neee, das nicht. Ich trink Lauretana, ist italienisch.
Ich mag Eintopf wie LInsensuppe oder leckeren Kartoffelsalat Wink
Rheinischer Sauerbraten wenn es mal Fleisch sein soll..auch yummi

Ich finde das deutsche Brot auch sehr lecker! Am Besten, vielleicht...

Aber kein Schweinfleisch für mich, bitte!!!!!
Wink
12 years ago
Sherapop:
Ich auch, zum Beispiel: Gerolsteiner, mein beliebtste Mineralwasser! Laughing
Try Appolinaris, it comes from Bad Neuenahr, which is near my home town.
12 years ago
Apicius:
Sherapop:
Ich auch, zum Beispiel: Gerolsteiner, mein beliebtste Mineralwasser! Laughing
Try Appolinaris, it comes from Bad Neuenahr, which is near my home town.

Thanks for this recommendation, Apicius. I may have tried it before. It's in a green bottle, right? And is it less carbonated than Gerolsteiner?

I think that I may be addicted to Gerolsteiner, actually. When I cannot find it, I get San Pellegrino. It must be the high calcium content that I find so tasty...

Cool
12 years ago
The best Water I know flows straight from our tap. It's not carbonatet, but tasts like expensive glassbottled mineralwater.
12 years ago
French for sure (e.g. Burgundy is outstanding) - everything from wine to fish/seafood, desserts to cheese (chevre etc.).
I also like Indian food, but I mainly cook it myself and actually less than I used to.
11 years ago
Japanese
Cambodian
Chinese
Mexican
Italian
French
11 years ago
I'll tell you what I DON'T like...Ethiopian food. It's flavorful, but too much spice and I don't like the flat bread used. First (and only) time I had it, I was miserable afterwards.
11 years ago
Ahhh food!
I love:
Mexican, but it's more like love/hate due to having gained 20 pounds within a year of regular consumption of Mex.
Chinese (Dongbei, Cantonese and Sichuan varieties are some of the awesomest).
Mediterranean, literally all over the coast on every side of the sea.

And the winner is Nuevo Latino. Yumm!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic International Cuisine
Jump to