Search Forum

How did you hear about Parfumo?

51 - 75 by 103
11 years ago
Scarletting:
I tried to find a perfume I knew existed on another perfume site, they didn't have it listed. After some googling, I found it here and was very impressed by the features and database available.
Pie graphs! Eee!

And individual ratings for scent, sillage, and longevity too...*swoons*
11 years ago
I'm a Fragrantica member, and TBH, I had never heard of Parfumo but I was on Google, looking something up on a HTF fragrance, and the website came up. I looked around and liked the features, so I joined. I was looking for a way to organize my samples and I like the way you can set up your wardrobes here. I'm also a Basenotes member but I find the members a little cold at times. Everybody here seems really nice so far Smile
11 years ago
I also was googling a perfume that wasnt in Fragrantica and found Parfumo.. I like many of your feature much better.. I especially love being able to rate a fragrance by 10% incriments much better than just love/like/dislike, and the ability to sort my wardrobe by my ratings..
11 years ago
CuteChemist:
I'm a Fragrantica member, and TBH, I had never heard of Parfumo but I was on Google, looking something up on a HTF fragrance, and the website came up.

Yes, exactly. I'm surprised I'd never come across Parfumo before then, it was only an obscure fragrance that brought Parfumo up the search list. Is there some way we can move Parfumo further up the list? It seems rather unfair that the sites on top of the list generally stay there... Parfumo deserves a listing up there with Fragrantica and Basenotes.
11 years ago 1
I believe we could move Parfumo.net up the list -

. By writing excellent reviews about obscure scents.

. By entering perfumes into the Databank. The more perfumes are inside that Databank, the more likely is the chance that someone wants to research a scent and will find it here.
11 years ago
It is a bit complicated. The more clicks you have, the better is your position in the Google search lists (However, if you position is bad, how can you get more clicks?)

Also, it takes some time until Google fully acknowledges the activity of a site. This is why we had extremely bad positions during the first year of Parfumo.net.

Things have improved a lot. We can now be found better in the Google searches, and we have users who found us this way, and not by hearsay on BN or Fragrantica.

We are getting new users every day, and I can confirm that according to the Google site analytics the number of visitors is continuously increasing.

We are growing!
11 years ago
Apicius:
It is a bit complicated. The more clicks you have, the better is your position in the Google search lists (However, if you position is bad, how can you get more clicks?)

This is what frustrates me, it just seems unfair. Ahh...
I have heard it also goes by how many times other websites link to you. Plus there's the new Hummingbird algorithm, hopefully that will change the game a little.

I try to do my part with word of mouth, word of mouth! Very Happy
10 years ago 1
I think Parfumo is wonderful, seems truly unisex and welcoming to new members, and like others, I wish it featured higher in the google searches, but as Apicus stated it is growing. Just yesterday Pipette took the time to point me in the direction of a draw. Thanks Pip.
10 years ago
Thanks to Pipette
5 years ago
I found Parfumo by way of Google search specifically for perfume forums, though I've hardly posted in this one (less than 20 times so far at the time of this post I believe). Frankly I love everything about Parfumo and have nothing but praise for this wonderful site.
5 years ago 1
I was looking for any info/reviews of a particular perfume I was considering to purchase blindly.
I can't even remember if I bought it in the end - I think not Smile
Reading comments on other known fragrances got me hooked, and then, reading about fragrances in general.
I was also impressed by the database covering not only major brands but also unknown and long-forgotten ones.
5 years ago 1
There was an exodus of active members who left Fragrantica and came here. I followed them here out of curiosity but fell in love with the site. I've met some wonderful people and enjoyed members' profiles as a means of getting to know the people behind the reviews. Overall, it's more intimate and welcoming here.
5 years ago
MRoth recommended this site a while back. Others have pointed me here as well.

I guess the only way to make Parfumo more visible is to make it active. But then the fairy flossers at the other site might just join in. Catch 22.
5 years ago
I discovered this site on google while searching for some fragrance reviews.

I find this site really well put together, easy to use and pleasing to the eye.
5 years ago
My perfume friends told me about and I like it!
4 years ago
Good friends from fragheads groups reccomended this one and I like it a lot. It's the fresh version of fragrantica, wich I like a lot but there are a lot of things in terms of UX and UI I dont like and they are not willing to change much. I love this one, there are also a lot of fragrance reviews I couldn't find anywhere alse, you do a really good job. Plus there is the marketplace wich is another great feature. Cheers!
4 years ago
One of my friends spoke me about this forum. Kinda jungle for me, too much information and ohh lord, the database is amazing.
4 years ago
Barbalix:
One of my friends spoke me about this forum. Kinda jungle for me, too much information and ohh lord, the database is amazing.
Glad to hear you like it Wink
4 years ago
Wow! It was a long time ago, but I remember it well.
I was searching with Google for the ZARA 7.0 perfume just released, and among the results, in addition to the historians Fragrantica and Basenotes, Parfumo.net appeared to me. I guess one glance was enough to fall in love, so loyal, reliable, innovative. Here, I think it went like this ...
2 years ago 1

Admittingly someone posted a picture of a fragrance but the image had your website on it this was on Base notes. so I joined because yeah there are rude/elitist people on Base notes so this is technically my second fragrance home besides Base notes because I use both sites daily to log my SOTD and post in the forums.

1 year ago

A MOD kindly advise me that if I wanted to comment in English I should come here to do so and avoid writing in English in the German threads. 

That's is how I discovered you guys! ✌️

1 year ago

I saw the name pop up in a Reddit thread on r3Fragrances. I reguarly use Fragrantica, but I really love the modern look here (dark mode, overall site quality, images, text font) and the fact that you can post articles for your own blog. I also love the many options we have in terms or reviewing and classifying our fragrances. 

1 year ago 1

I asked a perfume tiktoker if they knew of a better perfume site than the other two, and she recommended this place.

1 year ago 1

I was familiar to Parfumo for a few years ago from navigation about perfume platforms, sites, companies, etc. but the only reason why i didn't subscribed then was that it is an international site and I was wondering how I could fit in here and I had some hesitations.

Now I clearly see that the only obstacle was that I didn't get this decision sooner !. It feels great to be here amongst polite, cool, perfume experienced members and to have a beautiful chance to chat with people who share the same fragnance passion from all around the world !. 🌸💕

Last edited by ExUser on 02.11.2023, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
1 year ago 2

Google, looking for perfumes. I really enjoy the rating system here

51 - 75 by 103
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community How did you hear about Parfumo?
Jump to